main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ben and Seha realationship

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 26, 2013.

1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    No redemptions please. She doesn't need it.
    The Jedi vs Sith thing doesn't apply to the Lost Tribe of the Sith
    They didn't even start trying to conquer the galaxy until Abeloth came into the equation
    Now that Abeloth is gone, things will go back to normal.
    The Lost Tribe just use the dark side, and Vestara most frequently use her deep love/attachment for her father and family, society, etc to tap into her power.
    In my opinion that's not wrong.

The Skywalkers needs mates who are not redeemed evil girls, for lack of a better word. It doesn't mean they need to marry Jedi, but c'mon!

Come to think of it, maybe Ben should reject the Jedi and only then can he marry and have kids.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Jedi vs Sith always applies as long as there are Sith running around. The Lost Tribe doesn't get a pass because they are sith who have families. The only reason they didn't try to conquer earlier was because they had no ships, not because of Abeloth.

DarthJenari and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    This, and for proof just take into account that they fully expected for the galaxy to have been dominated by the Sith for millenia after the Great Hyperspace War. Normal for them is a Sith dominated society. Abeloth didn't force them to do anything they didn't want to do.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  4. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'd be more comfortable with a descendant of Ori Khitai (Vstara Khai, please don't be related to her), marrying Ben than Ben/Ves.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I love JJM but I hate the Lost Tribe. Alot of people hate the Vong, but honestly Lost Tribe is 1 Million Times worse.

6. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I did like how Ori turned out, hooking up with the stranded jedi and living in the wilderness, farming and having a family. Nothing like back to nature life to take the edge off the extremes.

7. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    This. He needs a different girl. Maybe a smuggler or pirate, heck, even a bounty hunter! Something other then SkySolo+ Force user which is quickly getting stale and repetitive. Who wouldn't want to see Ben crush on a bounty hunter?

And as for Vestara, why not instead of making her being his lamely predictable future baby oven, she finds some secret evil holocron and becomes the next big Sith Lord until Legacy? She'd take the Big Three's attention far away from the One Sith, giving a plausible reason why the Big Three aren't seeing that they are there. It would give her a unique arc of her own that elevates a her to a high position, and allows more creative story telling.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    We could definitely use some more female antagonists (provided they're not Daala) so that actually could be a decent idea, as we don't have that many prominent Sith villainesses either (albeit I'd rather there be less Sith focus Post-FOTJ).

EDIT: Er, wait, hold on, a major former ex-girlfriend Sith Lord who has an axe to grind on the Skywalkers...?

[​IMG]

So it seems Vestara is either going to be a Mara rehash or a Lumiya rehash :p

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Completely agree, I could even seeing the One Sith backing her and creating her as a distraction Sith to buy them time and distract Luke. I would like it to be a little while however before that happens. Let Jaina eliminate the Lost Tribe, Vestara survived fueled by rage, and goes to Korriban. So yeah. But I am getting tired of Ship. The Millenium Falcon needs to blow it up. However, I think Vestara shouldn't pop back up until Ben is older and married. So I think that the intermittent time should be filled with pointless missions.

10. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Wait how about this....

When Seha and Ben gets married and have kids, the product of Ben/Ves comes along, and demands satisfaction because s/he thinks Vestara has been kidnapped by the Jedi, but in reality the One Sith got her.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I would rather see Ves become the next Lumiya, not the next Mara...

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    No, please no.
    I hate all of these ideas. Let Ben become and investigator and get away from force users for a bit. I think he would benefit meeting with some non force users.

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    No next Lumiyas.
    and No next Maras.
    Legacy comics do not exist.
    No One Sith.
    NO Skywalker Jedi dynasty.
    Jaina dies a horrible death.
    End of SkySolo.

14. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd love to see that. Let him take a route that's a combination of Jacen and Zekk and go on his own journey of discovery that isn't necessarily related to the Force. He has some detective skills, no reason he can't develop those. His father was a fighter pilot and served in the army before settling down to Jedi life. Let Ben have his own life outside it first too. And this of course makes it easy for him to meet another girl/more people in general outside of Jedi life, with different views on the universe. The girl he ends up with doesn't have to be a Jedi or even a Force User for that matter.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly the One Sith is great. Imperial Knights are awesome. Jaina shouldn't die. I like her and I think the tragedy of Han couldn't handle that.

Imagine if you are Han, your best friend dies saving your son, who dies, then your other son falls to the dark side, and is killed by his twin sister, then she dies trageically? All you have to do is have Leia die too and Han would have watched everyone from his bestfriend, wife, and children die before him.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  17. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Funny you mention Ben going for a bounty hunter, because that was a fantasy of Vestara's that she and Ben would go off and find their own path as bounty hunters.

18. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Its pretty unrealistic to believe that a 17 year old finds his arch-nemisis/love-of-life all at one time anyways. I don't mind Vestara being a sense of romantic tension for Ben, because it creates an interesting dynamic. It'll be fun watching Ben try to explain to his new girlfriend why his old girlfriend is trying to kill them, and why he wants to redeem her.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia was 18 when she met the love of her life. Though it must be said they didn't fall in love till later.

20. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Leia had other romantic interests though. Isolder and Luke for example :D

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Takes the whole crazy ex girlfriend to a whole new level. Could you imagine if Lumiya was around while Luke and Mara were not married but flirting/dating?

No Ves should not be a bounty hunter.

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Most 17 year olds also hang out with other people than just their dad...

Ben's not really got much of an outlook, so it could happen. :p

jedimaster203 likes this.
  23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am sure he hangs with others, we just never see it. Though originally FotJ was supposed to be an Odyssey with Luke going off and having trouble returning. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Ben to play the Telemachus role, in the Republic and patiently awaiting his fathers return, and faced with the problem of his father's order crumbling around him. I am sure that as the Masters were fighting, getting a Ben endorsement would be good perhaps even his time to show some leadership skills.

24. GrumpyGreg

GrumpyGreg Jedi Knight

May 27, 2011
    Umm. Bastila and Revan? Orielle and Jelph? Leia and Han I'm-gonna-kill-her-or-I'm-beginning-to-like-her Solo? No clue. :p

Based on how extensive and well written scenes we got on the damage Jacen's death did to Jaina - especially since she landed the killing blow - I'm not holding my breath. There was an excellent opportunity to develop her character. I was expecting something like Dark Journey. May the authors prove me wrong with Ben and/or Ves.

There's an idea :)

There are countless other professions to choose from, like gunman, smuggler, con artist, drug dealer...con artist really suits her after that fluent lying in Backlash. And of course there's always legal work and an unexpected encounter at the wrong place.

25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    you do have a point on how life and death situations can really bring different people together.
    But why would you be in the situation in the first place?
    IRL, the only analogy is if you are in WW2, and you develop a romance with gasp a Collaborator. My question is, why would you want to? Why would the collaborator want to?