main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Sigh. If they weren't so expensive ... I would have bought Ganch as well. But now there's no space on the shelf anymore with those three Sideshow guys, three Hasbro guys (Sandtrooper, TIE pilot and battle droid), one Cylon centurion and 7 Monster High guys.

I haven't seen The Brave as the movie's setting didn't appeal to me (though I'm usually watching them all, animated flicks I mean, and will catch this one once it's on TV). But out of the three animated movies I have seen in theaters last year, Wreck-it Ralph was my favorite by far, and that was Disney proper. When I returned from the theater, I instantly pre-ordered the blu-ray ...

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    For me, Cars 2 was noteworthy primarily for its cameo and background cars.

Lewis Hamilton as a McLaren MP4, Jeff Gordon as a Corvette racer...

[​IMG]

And this very orange Frazer-Nash sitting in one of the background shots, leaving more of a lasting impression than the plot.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I kinda want to see Planes. xD

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I don't know. :p

And on the theme of movies, I saw Lincoln yesterday. It was very enjoyable, even if most of the historical references went over my head.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Ikr, they're a lot of money. And I've ran out of space on my shelf too, with four Sideshow statues (Han Solo riding a Tauntaun, Zuckuss, Bossk and TCW Kit Fisto) and Grievous in his wheel bike, actually I'll have to put my Obi-Wan riding Boga behind Grievous on his wheel bike, lol.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Grievous' bike in ROTS is awesome. I kinda want to see that in TCW.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually, the funny thing is I got the wheel bike in TCW packaging and I honestly can't remember Grievous ever riding a wheel bike in TCW. But yeah, I'd love to see that too.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I took it as being "free" for societal constrictions forced on her by "tradition" but I do see your point.

I wasn't crazy about the witch angle myself. Plus the witch was annoying.

Little Mermaid was OK; apparently I really need to watch Tangled because I've heard nothing but good reviews from it.

Seerow likes this.
  9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    ....101 Dalmatians.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    102 Dalmatians. :p

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    "Up"

Seerow likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  13. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Eek! You must be a millionaire :). - Our neighbors' garden is a marble monstrosity, complete with lifesized marble lions, water spouting marble lions, marble pillars, about 20 huge spherical lights, lights embedded in the marble on the ground and lit flower pots. When the lights go on at night, it looks less like something they dug out near Rome ... it looks like a runway for flying saucers. I plotted for quite some time to counter this light orgy with something special, and I'd love to use the lifesized, lit Darth Malgus statue for this ... but I can't afford it, dang it.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I feel perfectly fine except I've been dizzy as hell and my world has been spinning since I woke up. Hope I'm not about to become a statistic for this flu outbreak.

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  16. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh no, not the flu! Take care, Seerow.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Whoever was asking about the Surface RT - I think the general consensus so far is: the RT is more or less the equivalent to the iPad, you can't easily run your native W7/8 apps on it, but the screen is worse and the app store pales in comparison to the Ipad, etc. More or less decent reviews of the keyboard/cover thing.

The full-feature Surface tablets (not RT) look much more like what I'd be interested in - full Windows features, USB drive, etc. Everything that's missing from my Ipad to make it a true (or truer) entertainment and work product.

However, I'm betting even by the end of this year, you'll see a lot better Surface products - I never buy new technology for the first year, if not 2 years.

Recent films seen:

Silver Linings Playbook - decent. Brad Cooper was great, Jennifer Lawrence was okay - don't get the hype. This movie basically turned into Jerry McGuire and Jennifer Lawrence is Renee Zelwegger.

Robot and Frank - fun little movie. Old guy from Little MIss Sunshine is a former cat burglar who is going senile and gets a robot companion to assist him.

Zero Dark 30 - pretty great. Again, Chastain's performance is a little overhyped and in many ways the film isn't about her, but it was riveting nonetheless.

Argo - loved it. As Ebert said, almost a perfect movie - no problems with acting, script, or direction (or length), and that's uncommon these days.

Next up: The Sessions and Cloud Atlas. And I should probably see Django in the theatre. Still no desire to see The Hobbit.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh that sucks, I had that last week twice, it's so horrible cause you just have to sit there not moving your head for like two hours, luckily it was just a blocked ear causing it.
    I'm seeing Zero Dark 30 on Sunday, looks pretty good. And the Hobbit was alright, nothing amazing though.

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I finally found a store that had a demo model and ended up getting an iPad instead. The Surface RT didn't really have what I was looking for and tablets with a full operating system were well outside of my budget.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My wife and I saw Silver Linings Playbook and I thought it was really good; I think I liked it more than I expected to. Jennifer Lawrence was good and so was Robert DeNiro, but Bradley Cooper surprised me the most with how good he was. I guess his prior roles (that I had seen anyway) didn't give him enough opportunity to show some real acting skills.

And my son and I loved The Hobbit. :p Looking forward to part 2 this coming December.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    OH FUUUUUU-

[​IMG]

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not puking are you? Can't see the image.

23. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    It's a weather radar. I haven't last power yet, but there was a tornado a few counties away from mine, hopefully no one is hurt.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh that sucks. We've been getting them here every spring. Unusual in January though.

25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Cloud Atlas was mind-numbingly horrendous. Ambitious, yes, but execution was quite poor.
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was brilliant though; the length might be the biggest problem.

eht13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.