main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The only pirates that could be in it is Hondo Ohnaka and his group of pirates, but that's highly unlikely.

2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Several people mentioned him, but I think the guy who played him is dead. :(

How come no one mentioned the most bad ass bounty hunter ever?!

D E N G A R

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Tur Phennir! Baron Fel!

They might be old, but so are Leia, Luke and Han.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a dogfight between Fel and Han?

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]
    What about something like this? There may be a few too many... but it would still be pretty epic to see!

5. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Just no more Yoda.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Fuzzball.

7. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Characters we've seen in the past:
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia
    Han Solo
    Lando
    Chewbacca
    C3PO
    R2D2
    Force Ghost Anakin
    Force Ghost Obi-Wan
    Force Ghost Yoda
    Force Ghost Qui-Gonn
    Boba Fett

Characters we haven't seen:
    Darth Plageuis
    Mara Jade
    Han/Leia's Kids
    Luke/Mara's Kids

It's gonna be difficult and probably pointless to bring in a lot of the PT/ST characters from the past, and I wouldn't shove them all in ONE film, but I'd have them get cameos throughout the trilogy OR in standalone films elsewhere.

8. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know.

I want to see Luke and the droids, for sure.

As for the others, I could live without them, but it'd be nice to see Han, Leia and Lando again though! Those who died should stay dead IMO. Characters like Palpatine or Boba Fett.

9. bcspiel

bcspiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2003
    I am hoping for just R2 and Threepio. They are the glue to the Universe. It's funny, just had this discussion last night.

10. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mark, Carrie and Harrison as the 'big three' - even if it's only as cameos, and no one else playing them. The Droids, Peter, if he's up to it...

After that, a fresh new story with new characters not derived from the EU.

V-2 likes this.
  12. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Look at Carrie's expression![face_rofl] She's about to say "Fxxk!"

Ok, I want to see all-new bad ass characters amongst the big 3.

And Marvin the Martian!

13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Cindel Towani.

14. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    *L* More character speculation?

Ok, I'll play. :)

First Luke Skywalker, the aging Jedi Grand Master. Han and Leia Solo. Jaina (Sword of the Jedi, next in line to lead the Council) and Jagged Fel. Hapan Princess Allana and her pet nexu. Ben Skywalker and his daughter (new character, female lead). The droids, of course, and some new droids also. A new token alien sidekick (a bothan would be cool). Some "new" Jedi, like Saba, Corran, and Cilghal. The villain should be a very powerful Sith (Dark Jedi or whatever) with a cool apprentice (that lives longer than the first movie ;) ). The young female lead needs a young male companion (a scoundrel in the making?). There should a whole cast of younger Jedi, too. And everything else is just filler.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It would be a big jump forward in time for Ben's daughter to be the new lead- he doesn't even have a girlfriend anymore.

16. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Here's what I want....
    - Luke (old master)
    - Leia (cameo)
    - Han (cameo)
    - Ben Skywalker
    - Mara Jade Skywalker
    - Jaina Solo
    - Jacen Solo
    - Force Ghost Obi-Wan
    - Force Ghost Anakin
    - Force Ghost Yoda
    - Force Ghost Qui-Gon
    - Love Interest of Ben
    - New Jedi
    - New Sith Lord/Apprentice

17. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Yup. I'd have Ben in his mid-to-late 20's. Jaina and Jag in their late 30's, with kids of their own. I was also thinking that Bens kid's mom should be a new character, introduced later in the film. Forgot to mention that one.

18. Darth Good Guy

Darth Good Guy Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2013
    Really, all the EU after ROTJ should be considered none canonical.
    I just think something as major as the death of Chewie or the other major 3 should be reserved for a movie only.
    And lets be honest, vector prime wasn't a good book anyway, the vong could have been shown in a much darker and mysterious fashion.

19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    LOL all of this EU stuff.

I know wishful thinking is common, we want something to be true, so we make it true in our minds.

Trouble is, reality can come crashing down on you. They have already made it abundantly clear that the EU is not going to be followed, they are making original stories. Those stories may have been approved by Lucas, but they were not written by him, and they are clearly not what he would have done with the characters. They are not making this movie to please the relatively small percentage of the public that are into the EU, they are making a film for the masses. They can afford to not care about the EU in the making of this movie, there would be no significant consequence.

The good news is, you will be able to absorb the blow early on; you will see Chewie in the trailers. That way, you won't become suicidal the night of Episode 7's release, you will have had time to develop coping skills, and will have been able to get closure on the painful loss of your EU attachment (hopefully). Just remember, healthy coping through something like meditation or exercise is better than maladaptive coping like drugs, alcohol, or self-harm.

Chewie will be in the ST if Han is, you can count on that. Also, you can count on 10,000 other EU story lines to get trashed. I am not trying to get you upset, quite the contrary; I am providing you with some reality orientation to help you manage your issues around the EU.

sethg, Angel Eyes and Darth-Seldon like this.
  20. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    He is coming back. He is the easiest character to bring back. Its a guy in a suit.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

See, every time I see the word "Vong", my brain transposes the letter V sideways - and it reads as something Dery Vifferant....

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I hope so, one way or another.

23. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Well, if Harrison Ford signs on, I'd expect we will see Chewbacca appearing in Episode VII. I understand the concerns of those who are avid EU fans but they have said that it will be an original story and I hope that they won't slavishly follow EU continuity. I don't think they will, although I expect the writers will use some EU characters, places and, perhaps, even weave some EU storyline(s) or subplot(s) into the new trilogy.

Julius Vernon and Krueger like this.
  24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Disney also said theres a 20,000 year period and 17,000 charcters! Meaning we could get some stuff from the expanded universe like knights of the old republic and ETC

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Makes me feel soooooo good...