main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The mishandling of Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You do not know that, :p

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I won't judge an arc until I see it, even if its something I don't think I want to see.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I wonder: is Anakin really that popular on this board? I hear a lot of fan love for Ahsoka, Fives, Gregor, Rex etc. with a small fanbase for Obi-Wan but I don't remember much Anakin-fan love...

4. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I love him; Matt Lanter's take is my favourite incarnation of the character. Strangely enough though, the show hasn't really given him an arc that focussed entirely on him, except perhaps the Mortis trilogy. It feels like he's always there, but never truly being delved into. I'd love to see an arc that gives Anakin some time to shine, just as the Hardeen arc did for Obi-Wan.

Speaking of Obi-Wan, I'd kill for an arc that focussed entirely on him and Anakin's brotherhood. The plot could be anything, simply a battle in the Clone Wars, but something that tests Anakin and Obi-Wan's bond and shows the mutual love and respect they share for each other.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm ok with Anakin, Satine is my favorite in TCW, Bo-Katan is also cool.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    OH, YES. And an Obi-Wan with Cody scene (not an entire episode, necessarily).

But Anakin and only Anakin: hmm. I think all the characters benefit from interaction with others - I'd like to see Anakin with Tarkin, at least in a few scenes.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    When I first started watching TCW I was almost entirely into Anakin and Obi-wan and as I watched more my interest grew for other characters alot more. Mainly the clones, Obi-wan, and other characters introduced. I do like TCW's Anakin. I actually felt weird last time I watched ROTJ, its hard to explain. I think the appreciation TCW's Anakin gives me for him caused it. Count me in for a brotherhood arc with some followup for the Rako Hardeen arc, Crisis man...

KenobiSkywalker and Valairy Scot like this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    He's the main character of this show so if you don't like him, you're not in for a very good time. TCW Anakin is actually likable. The problem with the prequels is we didn't get a very rounded look at Anakin - we got super-cute child Anakin, then two bouts of Emo Anakin where he was at his lowest points. We didn't see "normal" Anakin.

I'd say that's the best thing this show has done for the saga - it's really made Anakin a character that you actually root for. It'll make the end all the more tragic.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah he's better than the movie Anakin, but I still like the EP III novel Anakin the best.

07jonesj likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've always thought the "Dark Lord trilogy" Anakin and the ROTS Anakin can mesh together. The novels just explain his motivations a lot better. He starts to go a little nuts too, as shown by his suspicion of Obi-Wan visiting Padme.

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, I quite agree with your preference for TCW Anakin. My question had nothing to do with *my* like or dislike, but with TCW Anakin's popularity on this board irrespective of my personal thoughts. I just don't see much posting about "wahoo, Anakin" or "we need more Anakin."

07jonesj likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, Anakin has the most appearances of any character on this show, that's probably why we don't see more people asking for it. Maybe you should make a poll?

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Truthfully, I don't care enough to make a poll. I was just posting in response to another post initially.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    And I really want to see his reaction when he met Maul.

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Yeah, I'd like to see Anakin's raised eyebrow and "well done, Obi-Wan" when he arrives to find spotless,sweat-free Obi-Wan standing over a second-time dead Maul.

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's not the case, sadly.

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh? Foreknowledge? I don't think anyone knows what Maul's ultimate "end" is - or how many pieces his end will be in.

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I want to see that too, but I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. They've clearly got the Obi-Wan/Maul rivalry set up now. More Obi-Wan is always good, though.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No but clearly Obi Wan could not handle him well.

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Going by__? He held his own against both Maul and Savage in Revival; not a clear "win" of course, but he wasn't losing.

Seerow likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He still would get owned if not for Hondo's pirates.

As for what will happen next, just wait and watch next episode.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Your wish is my command: I do intend to watch the next episode.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me..."

[​IMG]

:p

Seriously though...I think you're right, even I haven't demanded more Anakin, not lately anyway. I like seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan together or Anakin and Padme together but TCW has a tendency to get really cliche with a character when they show him or her too often.

24. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Some episodes are better than others but, for me, this has been a great season! I especially like the nuanced performance of Sam Witwer as Maul.

He has the potential to be the best villain of the series, if he survives this arc. (Avoiding spoilers) :)

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Obi-wan may have lost Adi Gallia which was meant to spark back up the personal nature of his struggle with Maul however he did not flat out lose that battle. Sure he had some help from the Pirates who softened Maul and Savage up but Obi-wan looked epic when he was fighting the both of them at once. He broke Savage's knee by wearing it down and took his arm off. He nearly kills him. Maul retreated after that and was chased by the pirates and Obi-wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.