main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I Am Iron Man" - Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ^It's the movieverse's "real-world" version of Ultimo. It may look dorky as a still image, but once you see it moving, everything will be fine.

2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Question....when the Gold Suit busts up on them in bed and grabs Pepper....

Is that someone else (Mandarin? Killian?) in the suit attacking them, or is it a nightmare sequence?
    The reason I ask is that the Mandarin dialogue has the electronic sound to it...

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm guessing the scene where the suit grabs Pepper in bed is a nightmare of Tony's, but who knows until the movie comes out.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The guy who says "Heroes...there is no such thing", is that Mandarin?

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Is extremis being introduced in this movie?

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Perhaps read the last page. :p

I would think so, at least the creator is a credited character in it.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Ah cool, didn't realize the guy In the trailer is Killian. I didn't go back and read, I'm on my phone :/ I'm a little more excited for this now :)

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I want holographic interface dammit.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

There exists a lightsaber version too.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Spoiler:
    The rumor is that it's a side-effect of the new mind-linked armor pieces that allow the suit components to fly onto Tony: Tony's mind unconsciously activates/controls it while he's sleeping/having a nightmare.

Finale spoiler:
    This same tech is presumably what will lead to the rumor of Stark controlling an armada of 40 suits remotely during (or towards) the finale.

11. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    That actually sounds like a repeat of Iron Man 2.
    Stark controlling suits/Vanko controlling drones.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm hoping this is better than the second one. Favreau promised more action in 2, but really it was about the same amount with some unnecessarily long comedic sequences (the Bday party ugh). So far the trailer looks promising.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe the usage is more decoy than attack, but I could be wrong.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, I think so.

Definitely looking forward to this. My son and I will be there May 3rd. :D

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it's English.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    MTV has an article on IM3:

"So much of the journey of 'Iron Man 3' is informed by Tony's experiences in 'The Avengers,'" Feige told MTV. "It's almost like post-traumatic stress: he really has retreated after the events of 'The Avengers' into his workshop, where he's building advanced versions of his suits. He has [designed] a version of the suit that can latch onto him in individual pieces ... anytime, anywhere. As he starts to realize, it's basically because he doesn't want to be out of the suit: he's seen a lot of things in 'Avengers' and has encountered a lot of powerful people, much more powerful than he is."

Tony's latest trip to the workshop will be short-lived, as anyone who saw the "Iron Man 3" trailer already knows: in the movie, our hero's armor and home are demolished in a horrific assault, "just as he's starting to realize he needs to be in the suit at all times and in the safety of his workshop," according to Feige. That devastation pushes Tony on a new, but familiar, path.
    "It brings us back to the Tony we met in the first part of 'Iron Man' where he's removed from that convoy and brought to the cave with nothing but a box of scraps," said Feige. "It's fun for all of us to watch Tony try to figure out how to get out of that scenario. Much of the movie is Tony in the middle of the country without his tools and a fairly broken suit to help him. But that's his superpower: he wasn't born on Asgard, he wasn't hit by gamma rays, and he doesn't have the super soldier serum. His power is his brain. It's fun to put Tony Stark in a corner with nothing and see how he can get out of it."

"Characters like James Bond and Batman, whose stories go on and on and on — I think Tony is one of those characters," said Feige when asked if "Iron Man 3" marks an ending of sorts for Tony Stark's cinematic journey. "Where we go directly after 'Iron Man 3' ... I'm not looking too far ahead. I'm looking to finish 'Iron Man 3,' getting into 'Avengers 2,' and then seeing where we go from there. But I do think we have more Tony Stark tales to tell, and we'll take it one movie — or maybe two movies — at a time."

eht13 and VadersLaMent like this.
  17. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Toy reveals spoiler and possible future direction for Iron Man in the MCU? (Spoilers in link)

For those who would say, "This is just a toy, they make all sorts of weird variants of the main character for the movie toyline to sell toys all the time", I'd agree with you, but this isn't something like an action figure from Hasbro's Iron Man 3 toy line, it's a Funko vinyl figurine, which wouldn't make something like this for no reason, and the article states that there will be more merchandising of this design.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Given what happened to him in Avengers that's probably a good idea.

19. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Well, didn't Stark briefly join the Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics?

EDIT -- Yep...and it was rumored in November that RDJ was going to be in GotG.
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/09/iron-man-to-be-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie/

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's quite interesting if true. GOTG suddenly seems like far less of a risk. And given what happened in Avengers, it makes sense for Tony to develop a suit for that situation...

And now, suddenly, my Tony/RR scene us far closer to reality than I would have thought, ha.

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Not yet but it's coming. The new GotG comic starts next month and the most recent issue of Iron Man ended with him leaving Earth to explore the galaxy.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If anything, if this pans out, it REALLY shows just how much Marvel has its **** together.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Teaser for the Super Bowl TV Spot:

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    The correct term is "Trailer for the trailer" :p

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    But it's not hyping a trailer- at best it's a trailer for a TV Spot.