main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~~** OFFICIAL **~~ WACKY NEWS DEPOSITORY THREAD. TOS MINDED. MOD APPROVED. PROBABLY

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Mar 9, 2010.

1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Okay, yes, I acknowledge that this is all horribly sad and I do hope that guy gets the help that he needs. Now that I've said all that . . . somewhere around "attempted to eat the Taser cords" I just started laughing uncontrollably and haven't been able to stop.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think I lost it around the time of "On all fours and growling at them."

7. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    Personally I started to chuckle at "the subject was reportedly hissing, speaking in tongues, shaking uncontrollably, trying to eat coins and had attempted to set his mattress on fire." Then I completely lost it at "The man then attempted to eat the Taser cords..."

8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    This isn't recent, but in one of those "LOL, funny pictures"-websites I saw a facsimile of a small town newspaper article a few days ago, that was about a burglar having been caught in the act, because during his looting upstairs, he couldn't help but laugh at the apparently very funny joke the resident husbband had told his wife downstairs.

Needless to say, he didn't have the last laugh.

9. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matter-Eater_Lad

10. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hate it when that happens.

12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I remember years ago, there was a user at these boards who made a similar complaint. He argued that the cowardly Nute Gunray and Rune Haako were based on old stereotypes of Far Eastern people, and Watto was apparently based on Mexicans or Arabs or something according to him... He argued this based on their mannerisms and accents. Stereotypes are such a sensitive issue that often it's hard to know which is more offensive: using them as inspiration, or noticing where the inspiration came from?

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Woman tries to kill her husband by poisoning her vagina...

Tests apparently revealed the woman had placed enough of the unnamed poison in her vagina to kill both her and her husband. She has since received medical treatment, although sources claim her husband plans to sue her for attempted murder.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Good news, but still wacky news (reminds me of Frankenstein):

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50628032/ns/health-mens_health/?ocid=msnhp&pos=2

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    You know what they say about a fool and their money.....

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
  19. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Who the hell knows? That does make it all the more hilarious.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That's the sort of stuff they spent the money on, pre-apocalypse.

23. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Evil wacky news... a real-life Professor Umbridge...

This teacher forced her 6th grade students to scrape their fingers against sandpaper until their fingertips bled... tracing the words they got wrong on a spelling test, and told them to be quiet when the complained of the pain and were too terrified to speak out

Florida sixth grader Josh Sommer is upset that a school assignment has left him with a bloody scabbed fingertip.
    Anna Garrett, a teacher at Burns Middle School in Brandon, Fla., handed students corrected spelling exams and told students to trace each corrected word five times on sandpaper, five times a day for five consecutive days. Josh, 11 years old, tells WFTS that his finger started to bleed by the 125th repetition.
    "Then by the end of the time, my whole table was bleeding," he told WFTS. When students complained about the pain, the teacher reportedly told the children to sit down and keep quiet. "I didn't want to get yelled at by my teacher."
    Parents are accusing Garrett, an educator of 27 years, of abusing children. She is on paid administrative leave until school officials complete an investigation and determine whether to bring her back into the classroom. The local sheriff's office is also investigating the incident.
    "We do encourage teachers to think outside of the box and do things that may be more innovative, but if this is something that hurts kids, then it's clearly something we would discourage," Hillsborough School District spokesperson Steve Hegerty told WTSP.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I tried a similar thing in my neighborhood.

[​IMG]

Reaction was mixed.

Entirely negative, actually.