main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't see any reason why Anakin's ghost would not appear to his own daughter.

kainee likes this.
  2. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    To save her from bad dialogue.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I can see it established that Leia's the first Jedi under Luke's order, it was hinted heavily she would be in ROTJ.

Regarding Anakin, here's how I envision a scene with him in it at all.

We swipe away from a scene with Obi-Wan's force ghost telling Luke he can no longer help him, and it is time for Obi-Wan to move onto the netherworld of the force. Anakin appears to Leia, but Leia hasn't forgiven Vader for the crimes he committed, and Anakin pleading with Leia to forgive him as this is the last time they will meet, as Anakin also has to move onto the netherworld of the force. It would put a final conclusion of the story of Obi-Wan and Anakin, while starting to wrap up Luke and Leia's story. Like a cross between Heir to the Empire and Truce at Bakura.

kainee and agentkrycek like this.
  4. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Yoda appeared to Luke in his aged state because that's how he remembered yoda
    Ben appeared to Luke in his aged state because thats how he remembered Ben
    Anakin on the other hand appeared to Luke in his unfallen state.

I would see Leia seeing Anakin as she remembered him.. As vader

kainee likes this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    And we all know that futuristic space armour burns to ashes on a funeral pyre! Hasn't his been covered already?

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Hmm. But I think you're stilling missing the whole becoming a force ghost in the first place. It's something you have to archive by letting go of this world. Vader never did that. The Sith are too greedy for this world. Anakin in his last moments with Luke, finally let go.

So my question is, why would Vader ever be a ghost. If it's just something that Leai is seeing, that it's just a hallucination.

And besides, I also don't think Leai really had enough interaction to warrant much of a meeting between the two like that. If the new movie gives us a 60 year old Jedi Master Leai who can't forgive her father, or is tormenting by a recurring hallucination Vader Ghost...I think that would be the wrong way to go. That doesn't really sound all that Jedi like to be honest.

No offense to your idea, cuz I like crazy theories and coming up with stories. I just don't really see it happening that way.

kainee likes this.
  7. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Pining for the fjords, is he?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. wookiebk

wookiebk Jedi Padawan

May 6, 2004
    The whole Anakin-ghost appearing in an unfallen state was just a metaphor for the audience...it was just a symbol of Vader redeeming himself. For all we know, Luke probably saw a burnt to a crisp Vader without the mask or maybe Anakin wasn't even there at all and Luke was just seeing what he wanted to see.

kainee likes this.
  9. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Cheating death was the deal clincher that turned Anakin to the dark side... ;)

I quite like this batty idea. I really like the idea of Leia being the baddie, I said a few weeks back how it would be kind of cool to do a Star Wars style 'Children Of Dune' with Leia playing an Alia Atreides role. I think Lucas may have been heavily influenced (cough cough) by Dune, so it's not that much of a stretch.

The problem I have with the idea is that Yoda communed with force ghost Qui Gon in the presence of (living) Obi Wan, and with force ghost Obi with (living) Luke, so it's not as simple as one person's point of view... That was actually dealt with in Dune too, IIRC.

kainee likes this.
  10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Always pining for the fjords, the Tatooine Blue.

kainee likes this.
  11. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    Im not saying that leia will see an evil force ghost.. She will just see the physical form of Vader. He will still be anakin but his appearance will be that of Vader and his voice.

i can see him trying to explain what he did. Apologizing and providing her with everything she may have not know.. almost as a meh culpa

Him trying to make peace with Leia may lead her to the darkside.. her anger and hate for what he did.. I can see Luke trying to play peacemaker and convincing Leia to let go of her hate.. Much like he did in ROTJ with Vader

12. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Cheating death in this life. Not the afterlife. He didn't want Padme to spend eternity as a ghost with him. He wanted and was attached to her, in the here and now. His fall was because Palpy promised that they find a way to cheat death...that is...NOT TO DIE in the first place.

Cheating death was to keep on living. Which is what I think most Sith wanted to achieve.

It almost seemed like a surprise to Yoda at the end of ROTS, that there was even an afterlife to be had.

kainee likes this.
  13. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    True. I still think there's the germ of an idea here though.

14. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    and we get vader... ;)

15. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    We will see. We have no idea if Darth Vader will not be in Episode VII. I would prefer Darth Vader not be in Episode VII but there is just too much $$$$$ on the table.

16. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    Reason and logic are overcome by greed.
    Perhaps Darth Vader's armor is a type of Sith armor which has other capabilities. We don't know the origin of the armor (the EU doesn't count in case anything has been said there that I am unaware of.)
    Perhaps there is an ancient Sith planet with Sith laboratories containing a wide variety of SIth armors which look identical to Vader's. Maybe Luke will find them and be forced to wear one.
    Maybe there is a version of the Vader armor which makes the wearer impervious to laser fire and enhances Force abilities..whp knows?
    My point is that I am sure they will find a way to get Darth Vader or his semblance into Episode VII.
    The ten year olds who will buy the Vader Halloween costumes or action figures won't care that Vader's armor was burned on Endor by Luke.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Vader should not appear whatsoever in any episodes taking place AFTER ROTJ.

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a film or two made in the future that bridge the gap between ROTS and ANH revolving around Vader's life during that time period.

kainee likes this.
  18. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There is no compelling argument that Vader would be brought back specifically because he is a "cash cow". I completely agree with you there. I also don't really think we will see Vader in the ST. I, perhaps like others here, am speculating the possibillities of how he could be brought back if it were to come to pass.

Not all EU books have Vader, and he is not in TCW......

BUT......

If taken literally, no Darth Vader in the suit is barely in the PT. But you can't really include the PT as Vader-less Star Wars because the entire PT is about Vader.

kainee and run_luke_run like this.
  19. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    That might be just enough for some folks to say "See? I told you Vader would be in it!"

20. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    Perhaps Darth Vader is not a name but a title.....we don't know. Perhaps Anakin was not the first Sith to be called Darth Vader. We simply don't know. Again, the EU and any explanation of Sith names is irrelevant to this argument and Episode VII.

Seagoat likes this.
  21. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Ahem...
    [​IMG]

22. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    god, that was cringe worthy... Horrible horrible horrible

23. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    Judging by Abram's comments about directing Episode VII, we were sure he wouldn't just a week ago!

24. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Just pointing out that Vader has been in TCW.

I actually really enjoyed that arc. ;)

25. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    god with the twins.. one evil, one good... and the father king swinging his wang around control them.. ugh..