main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Hehe yeah, it was ace.

2. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    And where was the scene where we were informed that armor was the only one of its kind in the universe? I missed that one!
    Let's see....there are different Iron Man armors...
    Ha! With Disney in charge, I would not be surprised if Iron Man runs into Darth Vader via some Guardians of the Galaxy movie sequel within the next decade!

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Jedi Vs Predator

4. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    That would be awesome! I think we are owed another Obi Wan/Vader encounter before Episode IV. Ewan could be in it. I think it would be huge.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No! NO! NO! NO!

aguywithabiggun and BoromirsFan like this.
  6. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    i'd like to see a force ghost anakin vs force ghost yoda and force ghost obi wan saber duel.. Steal cage

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It is actually completely within Disney's legal rights to have Luke Skywalker join the Avengers. I would not have much of a problem with this, actually.

kainee likes this.
  8. DarthDestiny

DarthDestiny Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think he'll be in VII. I mean it's possible he could appear in visions or something like maybe warning one of his family members about the influence of the Dark Side. But a full fledged appearance? Nah, I don't think that'll happen, but don't quote me on that.

9. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    No I don't think a force ghost would have a different appearance/personality with different people. The only way you could do a kind of haunting skeleton-in-the-closet type Vader appearance was already done in ESB with the Dagobah cave.

Plus, with Luke seeing one aspect and Leia another, we are getting very involved with the internal conflicts of those characters and the story isn't about them, it's about the next generation (at least that's what Lucas has led us to believe thus far)

10. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    When Anakin died he was no longer Vader...he was Anakin again, so a "ghost" of Vader would not pop up, unless Luke has been eating mushrooms. Anakin embraced the light, let go, and voila...ghost. Besides, I doubt ghosts have much need for breathing apparatuses.

kainee likes this.
  11. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    What if the next film is kind of like the film The Fight Club starring Brad Pitt and we find out some crazy plot twist like maybe this one person and this other person is the same person? That is what happened in the Fight Club and it blew my mind.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Sith Ghosts are possible, so Vader as we know him could appear as a damning vision for either Leia or Luke. After all Luke fought something that looked like Vader in the cave on Dagobah, no reason to suggest similar places do not exist elsewhere.

V-2 and Original Oatmeal like this.
  13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Well. I think that was something different. That wasn't a Vader Sith Ghost, was it? That was Luke battling some internal demons. His own internal struggle manifested in some dream like real life battle. It may very well have been a feature of the Cave, it was always one of those cool unexplained mysteries. But, I think it was just him fighting his own urges and attachments and realized the horror that that path would ultimately lead to.

That's different than Sith/Vader Ghosts. I'm not a fan of Leia being a Jedi Knight/Master anyways, but if she were I would think she would probably have to go up against those same internal demons much earlier on in her training. If the movies take place 30+ years later, that probably doesn't work well. Having a 60 year old Leia suddenly struggle with internal demons over her father seems not to follow basic human age psychology. If the movies take place earlier on, and she is training then a scene of her battling a similar vision that Luke faced wouldn't brake the rules and could be interesting.

While I'm not a fan of Leai being a Jedi or any of the OT characters suddenly going Dark, what I think could work better so that we could get a glimpse of Vader, would be to have Luke and Leia's heirs, not themselves, experience something similar to the Cave vision scenario.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  14. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013

Yeah, I'm sure Luke envisioned his dad looking exactly like Hayden.... :p

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  15. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    no no no....Darth is a title Vader is a name...and Anakin was/is the only Sith named Vader

16. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    a movie based on the novel "Dark Lord The Rise of darth Vader" would be an epic win for Fans

Lord TW likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Darth Vader died in Episode VI as did the Emperor. I'm sure all the Imperials knew that both Vader and the Emperor were on the Death Star II when it was destroyed by the Rebels. Darth Vader, as we know him, will not return for Episode VII.

But, there are some questions one could ask:
    1. With both leaders of the Imperials dead, will a new (Tarkin-esque) leader rise from the ashes of the Battle of Endor defeat?
    2. Will said person don an outfit similar to or exactly like Darth Vader's outfit to inspire those around him and generate fear in the galaxy creating doubt that the Rebellion actually destroyed him?

Seeing previews for Star Wars The Clone Wars it appears that
    after killing Pre Vizsla, Darth Maul appears to don the armor to rule the people and to make sure not to get the attention of the Republic
    so I wonder if that's an idea that may spill over into the new trilogy.

So again, Darth Vader is dead, but his suit could be used as a symbol. A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, Darth Vader can be incorruptible, everlasting. ;)

18. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Perhaps in the form of nightmares Luke may have, other than that, why would he?

Julius Vernon likes this.
  19. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I do not think Vader will be in it at all. Perhaps if Luke is in it, he may reference Vader as a cautionary tale to some young Jedi. But as far as actually seeing him in the film, no. I don't believe so.

20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That sounds very Jason Voorhees... That didn't go over so well.

21. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I just don't see Vader as... even having a role in the saga past Anakin's salvation at the end of ROTJ.

Anakin Skywalker will probably be a Force Ghost at some point though... and his role as the Chosen One will be addressed.

kainee likes this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    True, but Abrams' is all about the mystery box if you know what I mean, so if not with Vader, then maybe with someone else.

23. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    One could argue that Artoo-Detoo is the most popular and recognizable Star Wars character. I seem to see more Artoo clothing and merchandise online these days than anything else, he is quite a popular Astromech with the ladies. It's not all about the Sith.

kainee likes this.
  24. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I think we can all rest safe in the belief there has only been one character named Darth Vader...Title + Sith name. George Lucas himself said he was dubbed "Vader" as it was short for "Invader" ie he invaded the Jedi Temple, not to be named after some previous Sith. For story purposes, it also sounds a bit like "father".

kainee likes this.
  25. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    We can engage in a highly technical argument about what constitutes Vader and when does Anakin cross the line into Darth Vader. We'll end up going in circles because we have a different view of it. For me, calling a character "Darth Vader" doesn't necessarily make him so. Hayden running around slashing people with his lightsaber and sporting his yellow contact lens just wasn't Vader. To me the character is encased in the big black suit and that's the end of the story. This circular argument really serves no purpose because Darth Vader (whether it be the dark suit or Hayden in dark side mode) will not be in the Sequels. Done.

aguywithabiggun likes this.