main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not a Newbie but kinda lost

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by EnviousSerious-Rue, Jan 27, 2013.

1. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Hello!
    Haven't been here since the site was temporarily shutdown.
    I need someone to point me in the right direction.
    Every time I post, my avatar is attached to someone elses avatar.
    Why is that happening???

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to our new home! :)

We have the boards for the Films, the boards for the Expanded Universe, and the boards for the Clone Wars & Television to start out with.
    Anything in particular you're looking for?

Can you clarify the issue with your avatar? It seems to be showing up fine for me. Yoda with a lightsaber, correct?
    Perhaps try loading the boards with a different browser to start, if you mean that it is overlapping with other people's avatars.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    EnviousSerious-Rue: Welcome back. I'll take a look around and see if your avatar issue rings any bells, but from my monitor (...and also my phone, now) there doesn't seem to be the glitch as you are describing it. It is more than likely an internal issue in you computer. That doesn't automatically mean it's serious. Try resetting a few things, such as browser, this page, cookies, etc. and see whether that clears it up. Your computer sounds as though it is filling in any areas dedicated on a page to pics with the one you uploaded. So, you can also try removing your avatar, refreshing the page, and reloading the pic you have for your avatar. If those don't solve it, let me know. Don't want this to ruin the good time you can have on our wonderful site.

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome back...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan

5. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Thank you. I'll try that.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    EnviousSerious-Rue: No worries. You are welcome. I see your avatar is changed; has that reset and/or fixed the issue?

7. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    No sir, it did not. I'm not going t worry about it.
    I just didn't want it to be too annoying.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Hmmm...

I will ask the brainiacs on here if this sounds like a familiar issue. It may prove fruitless, but so long as you aren't bothered by it, just keep posting around.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  9. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If I may help, which browser are you using?

I suggest you try any or all of these: a different browser or another computer with a different browser to see if it persists, update your browser and disable any addons/toolbars, try running the web page in compatibility mode, and also do an antivirus check as well.
    Another possible issue is that you might have the zoom settings too high.

Forgot to add that slow web connection can also sometimes affect the avatars or images and how they load, but it's more likely one of the above.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Another possible issue is that you might have the zoom settings too high.
    This was my latest thought on the matter...

I recommended resetting/swapping the browser earlier, but not sure if that was attempted.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If you mean when you're looking on the main page of a forum and your small avatar is kinda on top of the regular one, it just means you have viewed all the posts in the thread/there haven't been any new posts since you viewed the thread. The bigger avatar is that of the person who started the thread :)

We're Back! Post questions and issues here. is also a good resource; the tech admin LAJ_FETT might be able to answer your questions if we didn't.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I thin NYCitygurl's right on the avatar issue. If you reply in a thread you'll see a tiny version of your avatar attached to the avatar of the person who started it when you view the thread list.

13. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Wow! That makesa lot of sense!
    I appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter.
    Thank you much . . .

14. Nerdi21

Nerdi21 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2013
    Brand new to this place but very excited.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Our pleasure :) Feel free to ask any questions; that's what we're here for!

Welcome, NNerd!

16. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm glad that your question got solved that easily. :)
    Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask again! :)

Welcome Nerdi! :)