main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Second To None--Sacrifices : L/M, TK/J, J/J, OCs: COMPLETE: 3/10/2013 with Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Nov 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's Kira and a box of chocolates when you need her. Mark is getting scary.

Also, Talon Karrde has children in this universe? That is just AWESOME!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, i really loved thar Karrde has daughters in this AU. Now somebody needs to write a Daddy-Karrde fic. :D

As for the update it's awesome! =D=

Demendora and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Let me think on that, at least for my drabbles if the prompts fit =P~ [face_dancing]

4. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    There is a swear word-combination in Russian " The piece of an idiot" And this phrase is perfect for Jacen now. To inject Mara with the substance, that The Lady of the Sith has given you! Arrg! Idiot!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    In my AU he marries Zara Maru. She is the woman Mara found to replace her. In The Journal of Mark Tantiss you see her in that video the Wild Karrde crew made up to make fun of that viral video of Mark as a male stripper...and as Mark would say, "IT WAS FOR CHARITY!"

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Not going to lie, I am enjoying Jacen getting a few hard knocks. But I am worried about Mark.

7. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Wow, Mark is a force to be be reckoned with when he's angry...a bit terrifying..justified but still terrifying

8. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Mark is beating an unarmed man and we think he's justified? He's had hours to cool off, now he is being viscous for the sake of it. Do we believe that it's okay for some to want to protect their family, but not others?

I agree, nice to see Talon in this. He is way under-utilized!

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Really? You think if somebody killed your sister that a couple hours later you will be cooled down? I honestly don't think humans are that resilient. There are people being treated for PTSD for years after experiencing a traumatic event like that...especially when their loved one died by the hand of another person they trusted. The sense of betrayal is staggering. Plus, Mark fully opened himself up to the darkside and he is still suffering its effects.

In addition, he is Luke's clone and probably has some of Luke's qualities when it comes to being angry. Luke, when he thought Lumiya killed Mara in the professional novels, he tracked her down across the galaxy, forced her to land, did a lightsaber duel, and drove her off a cliff. Luke reached out and saved her, pulled her to safety and THEN he chopped her head off. I am pretty sure days had passed between Mara's death and Luke killing Lumiya. And I am fairly certain she was unarmed when he killed her. She had dropped her lightwhip over that cliff.

And Luke wasn't even walking a thin line with the darkside like Mark is. That is canon. So why should Mark calm down? o_O He wanted to kill Jacen, but he promised Ben he wouldn't. He didn't promise to be nice to him.

But I do want the reader to feel a little sorry for Jacen. Most of the readers are so irritated with the actions of profic Jacen that it spills over to this AU Jacen. This Jacen is not Sith. He made a whole lot of foolish decisions and the only highly illegal thing he has done is plot the assassination of Ta'a Chume. I guess one can see his decision to kill his mother-in-law as cold and viscous. He did assault Mara. Even if it was a tranquilizer dart it would be an assault. If she died I guess you could argue he is guilty of manslaughter. Since she survived then maybe attempted murder. I don't know if there is such thing as attempted manslaughter. Jacen is no innocent and Mark doesn't know all the things the readers know. To him Jacen is a murder of Mara Jade.

Plus, Mark's anger is essential to the plot later on down the line.;)

10. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    The following is for debate purposes only and not to be construed as a writing critique:

Clearly Jacen's genuine surprise at when Mark said 'You killed Mara' should have clued him in that all is not as it seems. Is it okay to be angry and feel betrayed? Of course. However, Mark is a JEDI. Obviously, this is NOT the first time he has come across an issue that has made him angry. The Order was worried enough about Mark to have a 'reception' committee for him when he returned, Jaina with weapon drawn; why was he still deemed 'fit for duty'?

Look at this from another view: If this were Jacen and he were in the same situation and assaulted an unarmed 'prisoner', what would our reaction be? We would call for his head; in fact, we DID call for his head. I don't think that Mark is going to kill Jacen, but I DO think that he is going to engage in 'questionable practices' while on Myrkr, and that scares me. It scares me because I think we as an audience will be largely okay with that. Why? ***shrugs*** Because it's only Jacen.

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    SiouxFan. Who said he was deemed fit for duty? He purposely hasn't contacted any Jedi directly. He hasn't talked to Luke at all. He knows he's not fit for duty. He wants some time to get in control. He also wants to make sure Jacen remains in custody. Why Myrkr and not just use ysalamiri? He may have a secret motive.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, Briannakin, SiouxFan, EmeraldJediFire, Hazel, Demendora, Jade_eyes, and DARTH_MU for reading and taking the time to review. Mark has a bit of a temper when provoked. Normally he is a mellow guy. I think that is why he is having such a hard time. The emotions are almost foreign to him.

Yeah, I got Karrde married to my OC Zara Maru and they have two daughters that are now grown. I think you may see the girls in The Journal of Talon Tantiss this year.

Hapes

The person who hired Lumiya had given her a transponder code to bypass normal security screening at the Hapan skyport. She was also provided data on the location of the Palace air intake ducts.

Using forged papers identifying her as a courier and with a little help from the Force, she was able to get past the guards and into a maintenance room. She locked the door behind her and quickly pulled open the venting system air intake panel and dragged out a large filter capable of removing particles as small as ten microns. She then reached into the duct system and sprinkled the viral spores deep within the air conduit and then replaced the filter. The spores would now disperse without having to get past an air purifying system. When the air circulation system kicked on the nanovirus would disseminate throughout the Palace. Lumiya chuckled to herself. If Ta’a Chume was the person who actually paid for the hit, she was in for a nasty surprise. Lumiya wondered with some sadistic glee if Ta’a Chume would realize she had been betrayed before she died.

Having finished her work she exited the Palace and returned to her ship in a nearby docking bay. It was imperative to get out of the area before she was identified…and she was fairly certain she would eventually be identified. The forged papers provided most likely would track back to her somehow. Even if they didn’t, there was a chance that face recognition software would eventually key on her. Hopefully her features changed enough in the last two decades that she would only pop up in a security screen as a ‘possible’ match.

Of course, she could have avoided this danger if she wore her veil. But on Hapes that would only attract more attention. The population’s narcissistic worship of human beauty meant only somebody severely disfigured would opt to cover her face.

She made it back to her ship and powered up. She wanted to be off the planet before the former Queen mother died and the spaceports were locked down for an investigation. While in the cockpit she noticed there was a message on her subspace transceiver. She pushed a button and listened to the recorded communication. She frowned as she heard a frantic Jacen Solo trying to call off the mission. He was obviously getting cold feet, but it was too late now. She peeled off her jacket and tossed it on the co-pilot seat. The garment hit the chair and then slipped off pulling her satchel to the deck and spilling its contents.

“Stang,” she cursed as she bent down, grabbed the bag and started tossing the contents back inside. Suddenly something on the floor caught her eye. She reached out and with a trembling hand, picked up a Lecapanine dart. She dropped it on the co-pilot seat and began a frantic search of the satchel. She poured all the contents out on the seat and picked through the objects. When she didn’t find what she was looking for she closed her eyes and groaned in dread. She packed a toxic dart and a Lecapanine dart—exactly one each. If her tranquilizer dart was here that meant she gave Jacen the wrong injector.

She sat down heavily in the pilot chair. That was not what she wanted. She craved redemption and avoidance of the eternal damnation given to Sith spirits after death. She was fairly certain helping kill the wife of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order wasn’t going to help her achieve that goal.

“Fierfek,” she swore angrily. This was bad. If Jacen killed Mara Jade Skywalker he would be in danger. She wouldn’t be surprised if Skywalker himself hunted his nephew down and killed him.

She wasn’t sure how she was going to salvage this mess. Jacen would suspect treachery on her part and would hate her for what happened. Lumiya sighed. Jacen may hate her, but now he had nowhere else to go but to her. The Jedi would never forgive him or accept him back within their ranks. If he killed Mara, he would be hunted down and brought to justice…unless she found him first and brought him back to The Home…there he would be safe.
    Hydian Way Hyperspace Route

Mark looked over to his nephew resting in the co-pilot seat. The young man finally fell asleep after Mark gave him shot of Nyex for his pain. He also slapped on a couple bacta patches on his nephew so his face wouldn’t be permanently disfigured.

He was still angry, but as long as he didn’t get into any arguments with Jacen he could feel the fury slowly slip away. He still couldn’t forgive his nephew for the attack on Mara, but at least he wasn’t in the homicidal rage that frightened him earlier.

By now, Kira must have heard the news about him and was worried sick. He currently was between hyperspace jumps; he needed to call her while he could. He leaned forward and keyed in the transceiver code for his apartment. After a few minutes his wife’s beautiful, but anxious, face appeared.

“Mark!” She let out a relieved breath. “Gods Mark, you should have called me earlier. I've been having a panic attack. People are going crazy around here about Mara’s injury and Ben said something bad happened to you and he was afraid you were going to kill Jacen. Mara’s still in a coma so she can’t tell us what happened. What is going on?”

Mark put his hands up in a placating gesture. “Don’t worry Kira. I’m fine and Jacen is…well, he’s almost fine. I had to use the dark side to save Mara’s life, but I’m…I’m feeling much better now.”

Kira looked grief-stricken. “Was Jacen the one who hurt Mara?”

Mark nodded sadly.

“Why?” Kira asked. “He adores his aunt.”

“People do things horrible things when the dark side of the Force is involved. Believe me, I found that out in the last day.”

Kira leaned in closer to her holonet transceiver. “Ben said your eyes changed.”

“My eyes turned yellow when I used the dark side of the Force,” Mark admitted.

She looked confused. “If you’re feeling fine and not using the dark side now…then why are they still yellow?”

Mark shrugged. “I don’t know. I think something happened with the green dye in my eyes. The dark Force energy interacted with my natural pigments and the dye and…made my eyes yellow.”

She looked at him skeptically. “Blue and green mixed usually doesn’t equal yellow.”

“Don’t worry. I don’t feel Sithy,” he said with a roll of his eyes. “I’ll get them dyed when I get back home.” He paused and then gave her a cocky grin. “Unless you like them this way.”

She gave a shudder. “I’ll pass.” She looked at him uncertain. “So I can report to the Jedi that you have no psychotic desire to ravish the galaxy?”

“No, but I would like to ravish you,” he said with a grin. “I can wear leather pants and a black cape if you like. It would give me a Darth Vaderesque look perhaps.”

“Gods,” she said with a shake of her head. “What am I going to do with you, Mark?” She closed her eyes in frustration, but then chuckled. “No thanks, I said I liked you as a bad boy, but that’s not what I had in mind.”

“Are you sure?” He held his hand out toward the holocam. “Join me Kira and we can roll under the sheets as husband and wife.”

She waved him off with her hand. “I know you are trying to reassure me by being your same playful self, but be serious for a moment.” She gave him a steady look. “Is Jacen alright? Is he really fine…or almost fine?”

His brow furrowed. “Yes, I said he was.” He reached over to his nephew and lightly poked him on the shoulder. “Jacen, Jacen!”

The young man lifted his head and struggled his groggy eyes open. “What?”

Mark turned the holocam toward him and pointed to the video screen. “Your Aunt Kira wants to make sure you're okay.”

Jacen’s eyes went wide. “Aunt Kira, help me!" He struggled against his bonds as he pleaded to his aunt. "Tell Uncle Luke he is going to kill me! He’s Sith. Tell him he’s Sith.”

Mark groaned as he pulled out his blaster and stunned his nephew again. As Jacen’s head lulled to the side, Mark turned the holocam back towards him and gave his wife a disarming look. “Sorry about that. He’s a bit excitable.”

Kira’s hand was over her mouth in stunned shock. “Mark, did you kill him?”

“What? No, I stunned him. It’s for the best. Irritating me is not good for his health.” He holstered his weapon and gave his wife a sad pleading gaze. “Kira, he’s the one that tried to kill Mara. I’m the one who saved her. I hope the Jedi remember that. I’m going to Myrkr. I’ll give Luke a call when I get there.”

She didn’t return his smile. Her eyes narrowed and he could see her fold her arms across her chest. She then gave him the look he always dreaded—the ‘you are in big trouble’ look. “Was Jacen in that condition when you found him?” Her voice was tight with emotion, demanding. “It looks like he was worked over good!”

Mark shifted in his seat nervously. “No, I hit him.”

Her expression darkened. “Is that why you’re not bringing him to Coruscant? Are you waiting until he’s healed so Luke, Leia and Han can’t see what you did to him?”

“No, that’s not it,” he said defensively.

“Then what is it? I know you are hiding something from me!”

Mark fought back his frustration. He never understood how a non-Force user could read him better than any Jedi. “Shavit, Kira! I don’t want Luke to see me like this!” he yelled at the holocam. “It’ll take time to purge myself of the dark side. I need to calm down…and I have to secure Jacen. He is dangerous. I’ll feel safer on Myrkr.”

Kira glared at her husband. “Mark,” she said slowly. “You and I both know that being on Myrkr is not going to help you one bit when it comes to controlling your temper and it won’t purge any dark side tendencies haunting you. This is going to be all on you. Don’t give me any of this ‘the darkside made me do it’ poodoo. You have to control yourself. You! If you don’t you might accidently kill someone. You, of all people, know what you are capable of.”

Mark’s head drooped penitently. “You’re right.” He took a couple deep breaths then looked up and gave her a strained smile. “Everything is going to be fine. I just need some time to cool down.” He looked over to his unconscious nephew. “I think we both need some time.”

Don’t hit him again.” Kira punctuated every word of warning.

Mark nodded. “No hitting. Got it.”

“I’ll give you some time to calm down, but if you don’t tell Luke the situation by tomorrow, then I am going to tell him.”

“I understand.” He gave her a warm smile. “I’m sorry for making you worry. I love you.”

“I love you too,” Kira replied softly. “Please take care of yourself...and Jacen.”

“I will, Love. I promise. I’ll talk to you soon. Mark out.” He switched off the comm and leaned back in the pilot seat. He heaved a frustrated sigh within the dimly lit cockpit as he contemplated his fate.

He hoped everything was going to be all right. He knew Zekk turned to the darkside when he was held captive by the shadow academy and he returned to the Jedi. Darth Vader, the youngling killing sleemo that he was, was redeemed. He shouldn’t have a problem. After all, he used the dark side for good. He’d get back on track.

Mark looked over to Jacen. “I even think you’re redeemable,” he said to his unconscious nephew. “We both are.”

Or at least, that's what he hoped.

13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    *claps* Well done. I liked this..Jacen getting hysterical was funny...especially Mark stunning him again.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah...and I think we know who wears the pants in his family. :p

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    KIRA!! You are supposed to lure Mark back to the light side with chocolates!

Ah this fic is getting on my nerves. WHY CANT THEY JUST ALL BE HAPPY :_|

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Poor Kira was having a fit! But Jacen's fit was funnier. [face_laugh]

17. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Lumiya just gave him the wrong injector. What an irony. She blown up the whole Skywalker-Solo-Tantiss family with simple stupid mistake.:(

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I echo Demendora. That is an irony of shattering consequences. :( [face_worried] Did like Mark and Kira's conversation, both parts of it: the bantering & her firmness. :) I am assured by the fact he isn't trying to deceive her; if he's underestimating the seriousness of the situation or what it'll take to solve it, it's only because he's in unknown and unknowable teritory. No sithistic type has ever wanted to purge themselves I don't think. :p [face_thinking]

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    And this is coming from the Queen of Hurt/Comfort angst.:p They will get a happy ending, sort of. Mark has a few more sacrifices to make.

20. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Shira, I knew there was still good in you. [:D] Let go of your hate!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Pot. Kettle. Black. Whatever :p

22. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    All of these stun shots can't be good for a person's nervous system.

Once Mark gets done interrogating his nephew, perhaps both of them can commiserate the high cost of thinking they can do it alone.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks EmeraldJediFire, SiouxFan, Briannakin, DARTH_MU, Jade_eyes, Demendora, and Hazel for reading. I especially want to thank Hazel for looking at my next few posts...over and over again. It is one of those segue parts of the story where I need to get people to certain places and it is often boring. But for some reason when I have non-action scenes I write a whole lot more than I need to. I guess I could put in some action and have Mark slapping Jacen around a bit, but I don't want to upset SiouxFan. ;)

Anyway, Mark has calmed down so he is acting more like his normal playful self...even though he is still angry at Jacen. But, there is no way he is going to hit him and irritate Kira. She the one who wears the cooking apron in the family and he doesn't want her holding out on him when it comes to chocolate. :p Anyway, I had a big chapter, but I split it up into two...then we will get some action with blasting and lightsabers and such.

Thanks for reading!

~JL~

Myrkr System

Mark Tantiss’ modified Headhunter, the Red Rancor, came out of hyperspace in the Myrkr system and made its approach to the planet at a sublight speed. Jacen sat silently in the co-pilot seat staring out of the viewport blankly, too deep in thought to even notice their approach to their final destination. His mind kept going back to the tranquilizer dart Lumiya handed to him. Why didn’t he confirm it was Lecepanine? Could he have actually killed his aunt? He felt heartsick, but also very confused by the events of the past few days.

He wished he could meditate through the Force, but the ysalamiri prevented him from doing so. He had to think things through like a normal non-Force user—albeit, one who probably had a concussion, was stunned twice, and was being held captive by a giant, redheaded Sith.

He remembered back to that day on Kavan. He saw two ships, the Jade Shadow and Mark’s Headhunter. If only two people followed him, then where was his aunt now? If she was really dead…did Mark leave her body in the tunnels? Sith or not, Jacen couldn’t imagine Mark leaving his aunt’s body to rot on the floor of an abandoned shelter. He was always overprotective when it came to Mara—the woman he regarded as his sister. Was Mark lying to Jacen about her death? Could it be a trick to turn Jacen to the dark side?

But if it was true, if Jacen did accidentally kill his aunt…then what was his uncle going to do to him? Why was he bringing him to Myrkr and not Coruscant? Did he plan on giving Jacen a slow, painful death? He shuddered not wanting to think about the possibility. Mara must be alive. Otherwise, he was sure Mark would have beaten him to death on Kavan.

At the risk of being stun-blasted again and asked his uncle the question. “If aunt Mara is actually dead…where’s her body? She’s not on this ship.”

He expected his uncle to get angry or strike out at him, but all he saw was a deep sense of sadness on the larger man’s face. “No, she’s not,” he said cryptically.

“Where is she?” Jacen asked.

His uncle glared at him for a moment and turned away. “It doesn’t matter where she is.”

“Why are you bringing me to Myrkr?” Jacen asked nervously.

Mark gave him a quick glance then went back to flying his ship. “I’m not ready to face Luke yet.”

“What do you mean? Are you going to Myrkr to help disguise your true nature?” Jacen scoffed. “You better do something about your eyes then. We’re both Force blind and you still can’t hide the fact you’re a Sith.”

Mark turned and gave Jacen an ominous, icy glare. “You’re wrong about that Jacen, very wrong.”

“Just like you’re wrong about me,” Jacen shot back. “I’m no Sith.”

Mark shrugged. “That may be, but you did kill Mara. That I know for a fact.”

Jacen shook his head. “No, that’s not true. You must have killed her. Who’s next? Uncle Luke?”

His uncle just laughed. “You’re a moron, Jacen.” Mark punched in the autopilot and stood. “I’m going to get something to drink, you thirsty?”

Jacen was surprised by his uncle’s more cordial nature. “No, thanks,” he said with a shake of his head.

“Suit yourself,” Mark replied as he walked to the rear of the ship while mumbling something about ‘stupid Sith’.
    As Mark moved aft he looked back at Jacen and shook his head. He wondered why he wanted to know where Mara’s body was. Was he afraid she was lying in some forensic lab while crime scene investigators built a case against him? He was going to be surprised when he found out she was alive, but right now it was best that he didn’t know.

Currently his nephew was hanging on to the slim hope nobody could prove he attacked his aunt. If he knew she survived and could testify against him…then he would become like a cornered animal—desperate and with nothing to lose. Mark wanted backup before that was revealed. He knew from experience that desperate men were the most dangerous people in the galaxy.

He reached the ship’s small galley and opened up the cooling unit. He pulled out some blue milk and drank straight out of the carton. In a few more hours and they would be planetside. Mark was relieved that Jacen hadn’t given him any trouble since the last time he stunned him. He mostly sat and stared out the viewport in a depressed silence. He didn’t even try to escape when Mark took off his cuffs long enough for him to remove his overly warm cloak. The lack of conflict was a blessing. It allowed Mark to cool down and compose himself. Unfortunately, with the return to normalcy came a feeling of profound guilt for his brutal attack on Jacen. Kira was right; he could have killed the man. And, although that is exactly what he wanted to do at that particular moment, he knew he could never face the Solo family again if he had.

He sat down at the galley’s small dining table, pushing aside Jacen’s cloak lying on the tabletop. He took a couple long sips of the milk, grimacing at its sour taste. He looked at the expiration date and realized it was a week past the ‘Use by’ date.

He looked over at Jacen’s cloak and noticed something odd. Near the hem of the garment there was a patch of cloth that didn’t look like it was part of the original fabric. Mark reached out and ran a finger over the patch and felt an outline of a small object underneath.

He put down the milk and pulled the cloak over to him. He scratched at the corner of the patch and eventually was able to pry up the corner and peel back the fabric. Underneath was a small electronic apparatus that he immediately recognized it as a personal tracking device.

He held up the small homing beacon and smiled. He was fairly certain it was Lumiya following Jacen’s movements and if he was correct...then there was a very good chance she would attempt to retrieve her apprentice.

He really hoped she would drop by Myrkr. If Lumiya never visited the planet’s lush ysalamiri-infested forests before she was in for a surprise…a very big surprise.

Hapes Cluster

Tenel Ka was on the bridge her Capital Ship the Dragon Queen when Commander Tavik walked up and bowed before her. The commander of her personal security team was somewhat cheeky in private, but in public he showed her every courtesy befitting a Queen. “Your highness, your father has requested your presence in his stateroom.”

She was a bit startled by her father’s request; that typically meant he had something serious to discuss. She nodded to her guard. “Lead the way, Commander.”

She walked through the Queen’s deck and to the lavish stateroom she kept specifically for her father’s use. She pushed the door buzzer and entered gesturing for her guard to wait outside.

Prince Isolder sat on an ornate couch in the middle of the room. Her father was in his late fifties, but maintained his handsome, regal good looks with only of a few worry lines around his eyes and some graying at the temples to mark the years that passed. He was nursing what looked like a shot of whiskey. He looked up and she could feel through the Force, and see on his face, that something was very wrong.

Her first thought was for her daughter. She turned in the direction of her quarters and reached out with the Force, searching for Allana. She quickly found her in good health and projecting amusement and happiness through the Force. In Tenel Ka’s mind’s eye she could visualize Allana playing with her toys while two nearby guards remained vigilant.

She let out a relieved breath then turned back to her father. “What’s wrong?”

He finished his drink and placed it on a side table. “My personal assistant on Hapes informed me a viral epidemic broke out within the Palace. The Palace and surrounding government buildings are all under quarantine until the Hapan Center for Disease Control can contain the outbreak. It's recommended that you stay away from Hapes and I strongly suggest you heed that recommendation.”

“Is there any news as to the source of the outbreak?” Tenel Ka asked with a growing sense of unease. “How many are ill or dead?”

“Preliminary tests indicate that it’s a resistant strain of influenza but, for whatever reason, members of the Royal families have been hit the hardest. The doctors don’t know if there’s a genetic factor involved or not. No deaths are reported so far, but some of the more elderly royals have been hospitalized…including my mother.”

Tenel Ka wanted to say, “Good”, but she didn’t. Her father professed an intense hatred for his mother, but often children of the most despicable parents will still mourn their passing. Instead, she gave him a sympathetic gesture of understanding.

“I will call for a full investigation of the highest priority. This could be a deliberate attack on the Hapan ruling class.”

Her father gave a solemn nod. “That is all we can do at this point.”

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Great chapter. I'm trying to guess who is going to be in bigger trouble when Luke catches them... Jacen or Mark

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Awww, shoot you mean it didn't kill her. I know I know..but the woman is a royal witch..she poisoned Tenel Ka's mother...and tried to get Jaina to marry her son. Isolder is around Luke's age. Jaina was only like...what 17..16