main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends When Blue Eyes met Green L/M - Update 04/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 26, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I agree with mayo_durron_666 - mush adds to the plot. :) :) Now just picture Leia pregnant at the same time as Mara, both being hormonal [face_rofl] and Han and Luke will go hide somewhere. [face_mischief] [:D] !!

2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    That is scary...hmmm alternate reality scene *ponders*

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Poor Luke. Redheaded pregnant women are not to be messed with, or even reasoned with.

You are spoiling us today :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh, I don't mind. Gives me something to do while I don't have a job (sighs) Meanwhile I really should work on the latest chapter for After Her..or Darkness or TSP...can't figure out which one as of this moment.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's nice to wake up to this thread. Those were great!

EmeraldJediFire and Jade_eyes like this.
  6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I'm glad I could start your day up nice!

7. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thank you: @Briannakin, @Jade_eyes, @Hazel
    Title: A Family Divided
    Notes: A little introspection based on a convo between me and Jedi-lover. It's very short so I'll probably be posting a second post today.
    Her husband sighed heavily in the semi-lit room; he'd been doing that a lot. Then again, considering the current circumstances, Luke had a lot to sigh about. Mara wandered forward and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Luke, what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing…"

"You don't sigh over nothing, Skywalker. It's this whole Alliance-Corellian deal isn't it?"

"Of course it is." He said, almost scornfully.

"Ok, out with it."

"I just wish things were like they usually were, Mara. You know, where we actually spoke to my sister's side of the family; where Han and I were actually friends."

"Luke, Han is still your friend."

"Maybe." He admitted grudgingly, but it was obvious he didn't believe it. "It's just that, ever since this deal with Correlia, I don't know where that friend has gone, Mara." He put a hand to his chest. "I feel like I've lost my best friend. "

"Oh?" Mara raised an eyebrow. "I thought I was your best friend."

"You are..It's just that...well..."

"I get it."

"Mara, I..."

"Don't." There was brief silence before she spoke again. "You haven't lost your friend, Honey. He's still there, a bit far away emotionally, but still there. He'll come around."

"I don't know, Mar. Han is Corellian, and he has that Corellian pride. I'm not so certain it will be all that easy. Still, I want us to be a family again.
    I know that's going to be hard at this moment, but I want us to be united the way we usually are; all on one side, fighting for one cause." He paused. "Now it feels like there's a divide between Han and I…and Leia of course goes with him."

"She's his wife." Mara reminded.

"I know that, but I can't help feel lost. My sister and he are spending their time away from Coruscant. They stay on Corellia and I barely get to talk to Leia… Han barely talks to me. I just want it to return to the way it was…" He snorted bitterly. "It was so much easier when we had some common foe to go up against; the sides were so clear. Now….not so much." He sighed and got up. "When did things become so complicated, Mara?"

She countered, "When did they ever stop being so complicated?"

Luke looked at her and simply nodded, acknowledging his beloved had a point.
    Mara put a hand on his shoulder, leaning her head on it. "We just have to take this one step at a time, Farmboy; just one foot in front of the other."

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Title: Her Pet Peeve
    Note: Mara has always struck me as being a tidy uniform person, not a thing out of place, so one wonders what might happen when she came across...dirty laundry.
    "So you and mom actually fought?" Ben asked, doubt in his voice.

"All married people fight, Ben. It's a normal process of life."

"I just thought…mom yelled and you relented."

Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Forget I said anything." Ben said, returning to his meal.

"No, no, let's get this all out." Luke pushed away his plate. "You see contrary to popular belief I did not always fold when your mom dug her heels in." He cocked his
    head. "Sometimes it was just smarter to do so with your mom than fight her. Fighting with Mara, especially during the earlier years, was….trying.

"It was the first year of our marriage—the one said to be the most difficult—and your mom and I had our first fight-though I'm not sure if you can call it a fight since your mother did all the talking. Anyway..."

Luke then began to relate the story to Ben.
    "BLAST IT, SKYWALKER!" A voice hollered angrily.

Luke turned toward his wife's livid form.

"Problem, Mara?"

"Yes!" She hissed and hurled an item of clothing.

Underwear hit him in the face. He pulled it off and examined it with a frown. "What's this?" He asked.

"What does it look like, Genius? It's your underwear."

Luke gave her a blank look.

"Oh, I see, I'm going to have to spell this out for you because you're playing stupid at the moment." She marched over and snatched the offending garment from
    his grasp. "This is your underwear, correct? Well, let me tell you where this underwear was—on the floor of the refresher near the shower. It was just laying there." She shook it in his face. "There I am, minding my own business, stepping out of the shower and I step on this; your dirty underwear.

"Mara..." Luke started to object.

"I'm not done." She let it hang from her fingertip. "You know what I don't get. I don't get how a man who spent his life in the military, could be so sloppy. Here.." Mara walked over to the hamper and propped open the lid. "This is a dirty hamper, my dear." She displayed his underwear. "These are dirty underwear. Now, watch closely…" Her tone was one of blatant condescension as she dropped them inside. "..they go in the hamper, not on the floor." She stared pointedly at him." Is that so hard?"

"Are you through?" He asked.

"Don't you take that tone with me."

"I'm not the one making mountains out of molehills." Luke stated, flustered. "It's just underwear, Mara; underwear which, mind you, I change every day. You are blowing this way out of proportion."

"Blow outing of proportion." Her cheek twitched.

"I'm just saying, this is a trivial matter; nothing that we need to get angry over."

"I'm not angry, I'm irritated." She countered. "You know how I feel about cleanliness, and I've asked you before to throw your dirty laundry in the hamper, and yet again you seemed to have forgotten. So, this is not the first time I've had to remind you. I feel like I'm looking after an overgrown child, Luke, not my husband. A big child whom I have to tell how to do things, and let me tell you...I'm not ready to be a mother yet, much less one to a grown up man." She set her lips. "Now, I'm done."
    Continued in Part 2

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The one with 2 parts made me laugh ;) =D= The first one, that just made me [face_sigh] :( It's just beyond pitiful when you lose your family/friends over polits. Those boneheads with their loud mouths, they don't care if you're on their side or not. :p You can see the validity of a postion without turning your long-time confidante and/or long-lost sib into a stranger or enemy, no less. :rolleyes: You did a great job with this, Emerald. @};- I feel everything is so fractured which I'm sure was the point. [face_thinking] Mara is wise, per usual. [face_love] !!!!

10. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Soz i'm little behind..

Loved the mad pregnant mara ..

Hahaha!!!! :D Pregnant Mara is vry scary!!!!
    Loved Luke's rant to Han :D
    At least Mara's keeping her man on his toes.. ;) After so many yrs of friendship & thn marriage
    thts hard to achieve, lol. :)

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I think Mara would have many pet peeves, dirty laundry among them.

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Damn! What happens to Luke when he leaves the toilet seat up? :p

Gemma likes this.
  13. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Best little Ben/Luke moment..!
    Just read the one about laundry... so funny!

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Jade_eyes, first of all, thank you..it was fun to write and I can totally see Mara acting that way (I'll post my other pet peeve one soon), two, It is sad....I remember reading the part in LOTF where Han and Luke were arguing it was a unique scene because there hasn't been very many that I can recall that Luke and Han were downright confrontational toward each other. I especially love Mara's testosterone comment in the profics. :D

mayo_durron_666, I thin Mara could always keep Luke on his toes...Luke never had a challenge like this with previous women so this is good for him. Also, the Ben/Luke line you picked is one of my faves...there is highly a misconception on that fact...Luke's not a coward/afraid of his wife (although he'd have plenty of reason TO be), he's Smart.

Jedi_Lover and Briannakin, I'm not sure...but that is an idea (hmmm); toilet seat,...the old problem. Oh Mara has lots most involve cleanliness of some sort in my stories...and Luke's early morning habits.. Ben sleeping in too much (that will be covered too)

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Notes: This one is short so...expect another one later on in the day. Also, this takes place after Time Spent in Paradise, let's just say Mara gets a scare
    It couldn't be so, it just couldn't. Horror passed over Mara's face as she stared at the device; that blue plus sign practically glowing. She fell back, seating herself on the lid of the commode. The symbol was now harder to see, it wavered, and Mara realized her hands were shaking.

Fear shot through her and her stomach tightened. She felt a wave of nausea rise and would have blamed it on morning sickness if it hadn't been that early.

She shook her head in denial.

She couldn't be pregnant—she just couldn't; it was entirely way too soon.

"Kriff," She swore. "Kriff, kriff, kriff.."

She dropped the test and stood up abruptly.

"I can't be pregnant." She muttered, running a shaky hand. "Did I forget to take my repress meds?" She shook her head. "No, I wouldn't made a stupid
    rookie mistake like that." She began to pace back and forth. She paused in front of the mirror and stared at herself. "But we've only been married for a
    month—and he isn't even home. How can I tell him?"

Inwardly, she knew that Luke would be happy, but all she felt was uneasiness over the matter.

Mara walked out of the refresher into their bedroom. She paced the floor in front of the bed, trying desperately to think. Luke wouldn't be home for a another day; he'd still be in hysperspace so she couldn't get a message to him,

"Aw, kriff it!" She growled, making up her mind. Mara got together some necessities and decided to take matters into her hands. She couldn't wait for
    Luke to come home; she had to clear this up.

"Mara?" her husband's familiar voice called out.

She spun around, practically jumping out of her skin. When she spotted him in the door, she sighed heavily.

"It's you."

"Of course it's me." Luke frowned and sat his bag aside. "Mara, what's wrong..I felt this urgency in you…this…bout of panic." He took hold of her
    shoulders gently. "Mara?"

"I didn't expect you back until tomorrow." Mara said instead.

"The matter resolved itself sooner than we thought, so I came home." He tilted his head, gazing at her with worry in his eyes. "Mara, sweetheart…. Tell me what's wrong?"

"It couldn't have happened. It's too soon." She rambled.

Luke could sense the panic intensifying. It was not like his wife to come undone like this. What could have caused her to worry?

"Mara…"

His wife shrugged then took a breath and locked her green gaze on his blue one; almost as if she resigning herself to whatever it was.

"I think…I'm pregnant."

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    What a way to end it. Great portrayal of emotions.

17. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    I love how you wrote Mara's reaction to such news.. so understandably well Mara-like :)
    Cute scene![face_batting]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee! Even if Mara doesn't think so yet [face_laugh] [face_dancing] [:D]

19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    If this is canon I expect the next post to be rather sad. Poor Mara. I know the jumble of emotions when a pregnancy is wanted. It's twofold when it's such a shock! I like reading these stories. Interested in more!

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I think Mara would panic at first, because she's just started off in her marriage to Luke...if we follow the pro fics...they barely have time with eachother due to their own obligations, so a child would be a scare for her. Although I'm sure Luke will be happy...its still too soon for Mara.
    @Briannakin, Jade_eyes, ginchy, mayo_durron_666

Also, I know you were probably expecting the next part to it..but I decided to post this second Mara's pet peeve one-shot. Mara's not just a wife...after all, she's also a mother...let's see how she deals with this situation:

Mara stood, ankle deep in a sea of toys. She cast a scrutinizing glance around the particular spot of the living room which had been designated as Ben's play area.

"What in the Sith?" She muttered, kicking aside a toy monorail car. She swore violently as the metal toy caused a pain to lance into her foot. "Ben Skywalker...I have told him time and again to pick up his blasted toys after he's finished with them. I bet that father of his had a lot to do with this."

Her reason for this statement was quite simply since she had left Ben with Luke for the day. Her husband had obviously ignored/or forgotten the instructions she had given him. She sighed heavily.

It was just like Luke; the man was putty in his child's hands and Ben could virtually do no wrong in Luke's eyes. For all his good traits, her husband was a complete softie and push over when it came to his own son.

It was often that Mara would find herself playing the bad cop to Luke's seemingly good cop. All that child had to do was bat those baby blues and Luke would crumble.

Gods, it was like she had two children instead of one.

She bent down to pick up a particular toy and found it coated with some rubbery stretchy substance.

"Speaking of putty." Mara mumbled, examine the putty encrusted block. She began to gingerly peal the dough from the toy. When she had finished her task she chucked the block into the gaping maw that was the toy bin. "Now, what am I suppose to do with this?"

Mara set the putty aside and started to pick up another toy when a thought dawned on her.

"What am I doing? This is Ben's mess." And Luke's. "He should clean it up."

She kicked some toys out of the way so she could walk properly to her bedroom. Staying inside the living room was out of the question; she would only find herself more distressed if she stayed near that mess. But before she did so, she gathered a good amount of the toys and carried them over to the entrance way and dropped them in front of the door.

She smirked at the sight.

"That'll do it." She said, with a grin of satisfaction.

Mara made her way back to the bedroom and cast a glance around their room upon entry. Thankfully this room had not been raided by the Toy Invaders. She stripped off her clothes and decided to get some rest until
    Luke returned home with their son. She slipped into bed and fell asleep.
    The surprised voice cut into her sleep:

"What the? What is this?" Luke exclaimed, his voice raising several octaves higher than its usual tone.

Mara opened one eye, smiling contently. He had found her surprise. She got up without making a sound and exited the bedroom, making her way to the entrance. Her husband was stock still standing in front of a small mountain of toys staring incredulously. Their son stood beside him, a stuffed Ewok tucked under his arm, holding onto his father's hand.

"That is the mess you boys left." She paused for effect. "Well, part of it."

"Do I need to ask why it's here?"

"Somehow I don't think you do. You're smart."

"I see." He tried to make his way around it, without damaging any of the toys. "I assume these were meant as a message."

"That would be correct."

"Well, Ben," He stared down upon his five year old. "I guess we better get cleaning."

"Do I have ta…?" Ben whined.

"Yes, you do."

"Good." Mara said, smiling. "I'll leave you boys to it; I'll be getting back to rest." She then turned on her heel and made her way back to the bedroom.

"Come on, Son." Luke said, after the door had closed. "Let's get those toys picked up before mommy blows a gasket."

"Mommy's not a droid." The boy stated matter-of-factly.

Luke simply chuckled. "True, but let's get cleaning anyway shall we?"
    Well, that was a more toned down version of her pet peeve, but Fetkatt was curious so I decided to write a small piece of fluff.

Gemma likes this.
  21. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    I lik Mara's 'message' :p
    Think Luke & Ben will eventually catch on.. ;)
    Nice update :D

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Excellent slice-of-life post. @};-

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    i think that is one of the greatest one-liners i have ever heard about light-sabers.

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  24. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks! I was afraid it might come out sounding stupid... I thought threatening him bodily is something pregnant Mara might do lol

Thanks!

I think they will eventually, they're smart.

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Short piece, so I'll post another later on today. On another note, I think Mom's getting irritated at me..I've gotten into the trend of staying up real late again so I usually end up sleeping till late (sighs)
    Mara Jade Skywalker hustled into the Falcon's cockpit as quickly as possible—that is not very quickly at all given her current condition. She was nine months pregnant and due to pop at any instant. Han looked up with amused look as his sister-in-law walked into the cockpit.

"Problem, Mara?" He asked, grinning.

Mara responded with a wry smirk, "Just trying to lose that ball and chain of mine for a moment."

Han laughed. "Ball and chain…"

"Yes, the one currently shackled to my ankle twenty four seven." She sighed wearily. "I love him, Han, but he is really starting to annoy me with his mother-henning."

"The Kid means well." He gestured for her to sit. "He's got first-time daddy jitters is all."

"I know." Mara took a seat. "But it's getting so close, I swear I think he'd follow me into the 'fresher if I'd let him. He acts like I'll go into labor and give birth to the kid on the commode. Half the time I want to take out my blaster and stun him just so I can have a moment's peace."

Han just chuckled.

"Mara…"

The redhead groaned.
    "Here comes your ball and chain now." Han chimed.

Gemma likes this.