main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The mishandling of Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    AGREED! Each episode has felt rushed. They've been good, but they clearly needed more time to breathe.

Valairy Scot and Sitara like this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Darth Maul and Ahsoka shouldn't even be on this television show; they're the filler imo. Make stories about Kit Fisto, Bacara, Rex, Tera Sinube and Mon Mothma. That's a show I'd watch, not a suicidal/insensitive frog parading ill-conceived ideas for a month.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Maul's return is a bit dumb, however it brought us what TCW lack of, a scary and threatening villain. Also his return could create a lot of drama since beside Palpatine and Obi Wan, Anakin and Dooku both hate him.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I've said since Season 4's finale - Maul's resurrection is a stupid idea executed brilliantly. As viewers, we like to see villains do villainous things. We like to see them kick ass, and kill our heroes. Okay, we're obviously rooting for the heroes, but an incompetent villain is generally a boring and/or annoying one.

When Maul appears, people die. That tension is entertaining. Grievous and Dooku should also create that tension, but TCW team often misses the mark on them. So far, Maul hasn't missed.

We need Anakin to meet Maul. He already can't meet the main antagonist of this show, Grievous, because of that line in ROTS.

Sitara, Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, we see how that turned out.

[​IMG]

Seriously, don't your personal character bias determine your reality. I could spend all day pretending Anakin won the battle on Mustafar and it wouldn't make it canon.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Maul coming back opens the flood gates for more characters to come back. I recommend watching The Death and Return of Superman. It's a parody by Max Landis (wrote the screenplay for the film Chronicle). It features low budget and comical re-enactments of the comic arcs in which Superman was killed off and then "resurrected." Simon Pegg, Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore and Ron Howard are the more prominent faces that appear in it. I think it's absolutely hilarious and a more-or-less accurate representation of how the story plays out and how ridiculous it was.

I've posted below in spoiler tags (there is A LOT of swearing).

For those people that don't want to sit through 17 minutes of it:

"The Death and Return of Superman forever broke death in comics [...] all these characters that died were suddenly open season, they could come back - anyone could come back - with no consequences [...] The sacred suspension of disbelief as far as death had ended. Death of Superman didn't kill Superman, it killed death." - Max Landis

which is pretty much what Maul surviving does for Star Wars. Got cut and half and fell into an abyss? No problem! We'll make him come back as Spider-Maul with limited explanation other than "the Dark Side did it" and there will be no consequences!

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's already opened after Dark Empire, Palpatine's characterization in that one is horrible.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes Maul was caught offguard, before that he was fighting 2 jedi and stabbed Qui Gon in 1 on 1. Just like we don't say the beaten Vader is stronger Sidious because he threw him off.

Do you SERIOUSLY think the padawan Obi Wan in EP I was stronger than Maul?

Sitara likes this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, I seriously think Padawan Obi-wan was stronger than Maul in TPM Slowpokeking. Maul is strong but it didn't win him the fight. Who won that fight? Obi-wan. Maul is great with a lightstaff but doesn't seem that great with the force and never seemed real smart until TCW worked with him. Why did Obi-wan win that fight? Because Obi-wan calmed down and used his inner strength to look for the win. Because Maul got stupid and cocky which got his ass owned. Why do you think Maul wants revenge? He's mad because he got. He's like a little kid who lost at Mario Cart so he decides to toss the controller at the other kids. Then the other kids beat his ass.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    So by that logic the beaten Vader is more powerful than Sidious right? Or Han is more powerful than Vader because he almost shot Vader off in the end of EP IV?

Yeah Maul went stupid in the end, but his strength is still stronger than the padawan Obi Wan, simple.

Sitara likes this.
  11. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Savage should never have been able to kill Adi Gallia.

Adi was a Jedi Master AND Council Member. Savage has been using the Dark Side and a Lightsaber for what, 8 months at this point max? Adi has been using both since she was 4 years old most likely. I don't care what magic Talzin worked on Savage, or how quick and easy the Dark Side is...A powerful Jedi Master like that is not easy to kill in a one on one duel. Maul killing her I can believe, but not Savage.

And don't give me that 'Luke defeated Vader after 2 weeks of training' While that too doesn't make sense, at least you can interpret that (to maintain sanity) that Vader was conflicted because Luke was his son and, more importantly, Vader was very weak with the Force being mostly machine.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    No, that'd be completely illogical to call Han more powerful than Vader, simple.

Obi-wan has always been portrayed as powerful with the force and excellent with a saber, IMO. When Qui-gon died he himself got angry and lost focus which is why he loses for a little while. Soon as he got is act together the fight was over.

13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd like to hear where you go this idea from, enlighten me.

14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    With Kenobi being a Jedi MASTER in TCW, your last question belongs in the PT Forum... if for no other reason than THAT debate has already been raging beaten to a pulp for the last 15 years.;)

:p

15. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Either way Maul was just the most superior one of the three. In fact he's so superior that he knows how to take on two jedi and come out on top. This can easily be shown throughout the whole fight. Whenever he's fighting them both at once they about equal his strength, while he would occasionally kick the other one away so he could easily overpower the other.

Also I don't see what you mean by Obi-wan could have beat Maul if he wasn't to angry. There were multiple times when Maul could have easily killed Obi-wan if Maul wasn't distracted by Qui-gon at the time.

Sitara likes this.
  16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The padawan Obi Wan in EP I is clearly weaker than Maul, by your logic, the padawanObi Wan is stronger than Maul, Qui Gon is close to Maul, then they still could not get upperhand in 2V1 fight? Before Maul was caught off-guard, he knocked Obi Wan away easily and fought Qui Gon alone for a while.

Yes Obi Wan became a powerful jedi master later, I do think he's stronger than the cyborg Maul beside Maul's hate against him increased his power during their fight, just he could not win against the brothers. I do wish he could handle them so Satine would be saved.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    When TPM ended, I saw Kenobi alive and promoted to a master and getting a padawan... Maul was dead in the bottom of the pit... so I guess the one who came out fine in the end is the stronger one.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    So by the end of EP IV, Han was good and became a hero, Vader was shot off and lost the battle, that means Han>Vader right?

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    There's physical strength, Force strength, character strength and intellectual strength. I think TPM Obi-Wan used intellectual strength to overcome Maul's physical (and possibly Force) strength.

Even with that said, keep in mind that at one time, any one individual can win or lose. It happens in sports and individual sports all the time.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    In episode IV Han shot once and was lucky, but in episode I Obi-Wan was mauling Maul and beat him in the end.

-This thread has run its course.
    Feel free to pick the discussion back up in one of the movie forums. -Sx3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.