main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got that alert as well. Let us know if Rainbow got hers..

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
  3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Rainbow Knight Star

I always put the name right next to the @ for the tag to work;)
    If done correctly, a list should pop down. though I see it still pops down if there is no space.. hmm Maybe the spacing has something to do with it? Or not?

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Benknobi1

I'm not using Rich text, because it is really hard to use. When I do tags, I write out = and USER. I wonder if tags only work in Rich Text..

5. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    What is hard about using Rich text?
    and btw I didn't get the tag because the first letter is lowercase;)

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
  7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It doesn't appear that the alert is properly generated when not using rich text.

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Grimby

So, it doesn't matter whether or not I use Rich Text in tagging, unless I do the shortcut, which only works in Rich Text, correct?

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Apparently so. I did not receive an alert for that tag.

10. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm using Rich Text now. How do I do the shortcut tag?

Grimby

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Try typing the @ sign plus the username, making sure there is a space before any additional text.

12. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Grimby Did you get this tag?

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I did!

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Grimby Great!

[face_dancing]
    :D

Thanks for the help. Just one more question. If I tag after text using this wonderful shortcut, after the last name, do I need to space if I don't plan on adding any text after the tags?

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Nope, it's just a precaution in case you add any additional text after the tag. Some users have reported that their tags didn't work if they added things like commas immediately after a tag. I honestly don't know if that's true, but I like to make sure I add a space just in case.

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Long story short: Had issues today with my AdBlock Plus, so I uninstalled it & installed the regular AdBlock, which has been working fine for me so far... and an added bonus is that now I'm able to block those ridiculous looking gray identifier tags ('game host', 'mod', etc...). Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :D

Q: How come I wasn't able to do that before with AdBlock Plus?

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Because AdBlock Plus is ironically less sophisticated than AdBlock.

18. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Greetings,

Only been jumping in here sporadically since the relaunch...so I went to my post history to see where I had left off...and the post history wasn't accurate...it claimed my last post was in September...except I recalled posting in late October (when Disney bought out GL)...and I found those posts...they haven't been deleted or moved or anything.

Just a glitch I'm sure y'all are well aware of.

Now I'll post this and hurry back over to see if this posts to my history... :p

Edit: And it did, so perhaps the glitch was fixed already.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can you link to one of the posts that isn't showing up in the post history? I know we had some board issues when things first went live for regular users.

20. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...tends-to-release-ep-7-in-2015.50004776/page-9

Starting at post #212 ( I like that feature, the post counter for the thread...very nice!)

Well it was post on October 30th...

maybe it was congestion from the traffic caused by the news that day...I know it's why I logged in :p

21. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Any chance we could put a countdown on the boards for the number of days left until Episode VII comes out? I remember there being one for ROTS. I don't remember where exactly it was but it's obviously been awhile.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Perhaps when we know the exact dates.;)

EMPEROR_WINDU likes this.
  23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Will we ever get back the drop-down page-number menu? It's so much better in long threads...

benknobi1 likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Grimby - he's right. If you look at the post history in his profile there's a gap between Sep 4 and his post last Thursday here in Comms. But there are at least two posts from Oct 30 in the thread he linked to.

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    A valid point :)

Jedi Knight Fett and benknobi1 like this.