main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion THR profiles Kathleen Kennedy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by krtmd, Jan 30, 2013.

1. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lucasfilms-kathleen-kennedy-star-wars-416303

2. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    oops, I can see now this was already posted in the JJ thread. Many apologies Mods.

3. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    The most interesting thing about this is she only has a 5 year deal with Lucasfilm and she might stay but indications are she might be out.I thought when she took over it was permanent.

LawJedi likes this.
  4. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Indeed, it's the most interesting thing in the article.

I think that she will be out after the 5 year. The last quote from Spielberg is telling.

Will JJ be the one who take up the mantle ?

LawJedi likes this.
  5. Redfivee

Sep 28, 2008
    I doubt J.J. will take over.Even though he's a huge SW fan the way everything has been played out it's almost a guaranteed one and done.EP7 then he's done.

6. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Who then ?

I think JJ could be interested in overseeing future SW movies.

Not directing all of them.

7. Redfivee

Sep 28, 2008
    I imagine if KK leaves after 5 years Disney will hire a new Kevin Feige to take over Lucasfilm.I hope she at least makes EP7-9 first,but then again it would be great if J.J.takes over,hell Whedon was nearly crying for not being able to make EP7,give it to him after he finishes with The Avengers.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Great article. Thank you for sharing.

Anyone else getting excited? :)

9. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Double post. Dadgum phone

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I think Kennedy will stick around a little bit longer than 5 years. I think its more a "safety net" in case she does a poor job(unlikley).

But I don't see her being around for more than decade. She is old guard, and she is coming towards the end of her career.

The next person who will run Lucasfilm will probably someone from Disney who Kennedy has experience with and vetts.

I think JJ's hand in Lucasfilm will probably end after this trilogy.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can see Abrams being an overseer much like what Christopher Nolan is doing with The Man of Steel.

12. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Its depends on how well he does. If he "hits it out of the park", its going to be his job to lose. I think the same can be said for Micheal Arndt as well.

Disney isn't going to want to risk a "sure thing" and will throw GOBS of money to keep both of them around in some capacity.

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I just read this. Good article but I'm starting to get a little concerned that the whole production is going to be delayed. KK has started waffling on the release date which is never a good sign.

14. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I think we will see Whedon doing movies or involved with Star Wars TV after this trilogy. But I don't think he has any interest being president of Lucasfilm.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have interest in running Lucasfilm. I must get my resume up to date first though. ;)

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Actually, this is a good sign. The worse things studios do nowadays is set the release date before there's a script.

If it aint ready, it aint ready.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if they sat down and wrote all three films together as one script and then went out and made the first film. I waited 30 years for this. Another year or two to make sure it's all good to go wont hurt.

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not that everyone needs to be a fan, but look at how much good has been accomplished under Marvel Geek Feige's tenure.

In the meantime, I'm glad to have Kathy around getting everyone into beast mode.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    "The time table we care about is the story."

SOLD

Echo-07 and Joe Antonetti like this.
  19. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    *Gets in time machine and gives this advice to Lucas in the late 1990's*

ShaneP likes this.
  20. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Its a good line, but its probably PR fluff. They know what they need to say to generate hype. Nonetheless, I'm still excited.

21. Redfivee

Sep 28, 2008
    I hate to say this guys but I can almost guarantee she's gonna move EP7 to May 2016.She's gonna cater to all of J.J.s needs and even though it sucks we might half to wait another year I would rather have a Grand slam then a base hit.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    2015 was too soon, really. TCW, 1313, and other things have ensured that I have my fix of SW for years to come. Heck, if the old guard fans get REALLY lucky and the EU leading into the time period isn't invalidated, I might even take time to read some post ROTJ EU to get a feel for the era (even though it will likely be different even if stuff ISN'T invalidated).

These 9 films have been a life long journey for many of us. Might as well be patient about it.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I agree that'll probably happen, but I don't believe it has anything to do with the story. They've had Michael Arndt working on the script for months now. There is no way that the story isn't pretty well fleshed out by now. If there's a delay it'll be because JJ Abrams has his hands in too many pies, and can't just focus on Star Wars. The article pretty much admits that.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    The next thing for JJ after Trek/May is Ep 7. I'm sure h'e already hard at work in his "spare" time writing down notes and making calls and generally preparing. How could he not?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Let's hope.