main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Director: check. What major news are you next looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Jan 27, 2013.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Next big news should be some casting announcements, or that John Williams has agreed to do more music for the ST (or at the very least he will work closely with the guy who is going to do it, I'm not sure he'll live long enough to do the whole ST).

2. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I worded that rather badly. I'm sure nobody wants the whole plot revealed. I'm just after some sort of announcement where they clarify how far after the events of ROTJ it will be set and whether it will be continuing the Skywalker saga. That sort of thing.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, in the interest of the internet, I think that's a wise idea. I mean, if the Big Three do come back, forums worldwide will go insane! Secretly though, I'd love it if Star Wars crashed Twitter.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We need to know who will be catering food for the production teams... ASAP.

5. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Whether or not there is going to be a big BOONTA EVE CLASSIC podrace featured in EP VII, with Luke taking out womprats in Beggar's Canyon. It will nicely tie EP I, VI, and VII together; it's important for continuity's sake.

Darth_Articulate and fishtailsam like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to know if we'll be able to see characters going to the bathroom in this one...

Roger Goldleader likes this.
  7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    YIPPIE!!

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Looking most forward to casting. I can't wait to hear who the new protagonists (and villains!) might be.

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Casting, soundtrack, and what medium/format the film will be shot in.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I want casting news *specifically of the new cast since I think the originals returning is kinda inevitable*. I want to know who the new people who will eventually take over the franchise will be! They better be good actors... and sexy.

11. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    The big 3 returning. Trisha Biggar doing costuming. John Knoll overseeing effects. Pablo doing behind the scenes diaries and sneak pix. Star wars webdocs from preproduction on to release.

12. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    How about the Vanity Fair article & cover?

13. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I've bought exactly three issues of that magazine in my lifetime.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  14. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I'd like to hear is there is going to be any EU characters playing any important roles (Like Ben, Jania, and Jacen.)

If the big three will be returning.

If Midiclorians will be appearing (please yes!)

The release date

The first trailer

And which force ghosts will be fetured in the next set of movies!

15. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well technically they're in all the movies. ;)

16. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    you gotta point there......

who knows, maybe they could try to leave out the force in this movie. Could work! Right?..................... right?

17. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm not too fussed whether midiclorians are in it or not, they're basically just antennaes to the force, not the force itself. The mysticism is still there regardless.

I think it was George's way of tying humanity to the galaxy far far away, we don't feel the force here on earth because our bodies are devoid of midiclorians.
    Except for Uri Gellar of coarse, massive midiclorian count.

18. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Apparently Lucas said some years ago that any ST would have clear lines between good and evil and be full of propulsive action. Sounds good to me, I for one have had enough of people being tempted by the dark side.

Lord Chazza likes this.
  19. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    This.

An original story. That's what Disney said. Lets take them at their word. I'd like an original story please, with some original villains. I don't want recycled Sith. Anakin Skywalker brought balance to the force by destroying the sith, that is the Darth Vader within himself and of course Darth Sidious. That's it. Done. Balanced. What I don't want to hear is something along the lines of: oh, yeah, ummm well the sith were destroyed but hey, they're kinda cool - so this guy just fell to the dark side and mucked up the perfectly balanced force. Don't worry though! We've got at least 3 movies to deal with that guy!

Darth Chiznuk and Vale Man like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd say it's a fair bet they'll shoot Episode VII on the Red Epic. Subsequent episodes might be shot on whatever-the-next-generation-digital-camera-will-be-called. 35mm is just not very practical to use for the big-budget special effect extravaganzas any more.

The news I'm looking forward to the most is whether or not the Big Three will be in it, and with that I mean Mark, Carrie and Harrison. If Luke, Leia and Han make an appearence it's gotta be the original actors. Other than that, I'm gonna stay as spoiler-free as possible.

Vale Man likes this.
  21. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    I suppose the mysticism could be, why are some people born with a higher midiclorian (shudder) count than others.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Right now, I'm interested in knowing these things:

- Is Ben Burtt involved? If not, who?
    - Will John Williams score or otherwise be involved? If not, who?
    - Who will be the new generation of actors?
    - Please tell me Anthony Daniels is in it!
    - What about Mark, Carrie and Harrison - and other veterans?
    - Rob Coleman?

Those are the kinds of things I'd like to know in order to prepare myself properly.
    These questions are bound to be answered sooner or later, though.

- I'd like to know.
    - Clear your mind of questions.

/LM

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Has there been any news about whether EP VII will be filmed in native 3D a la Avatar or Hobbit? I'd love to see it in HFR 3D.

24. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    For me, it's casting. Will they bring back the old gang, or tell an unrelated story? It could go either way at this point.

25. newforce

newforce Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2013
    I think the biggest thing for us fans is if the big 3 are coming back. The biggest thing for the studio and JJ is putting together the rest of the cast. Nothing against the big 3, but I do not think their calenders are all that full, especially Mark and Carrie.......its the new cast members that the studio needs to get after because those are the people who have future obligations already scheduled. After casting, I would like to get an idea of the timeframe more so then the plot itself, so we know how far in the future they are going to do this trilogy. They need to get John Williams involved also.