main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I feel so lonely in my Obi writing! I will beg. It won't be pretty, but I'll do it. [face_praying]

...and I'm late, gots to go...

2. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    That's certainly a nice idea! :D Really, I'm hopeless when it comes to writing (and I don't just mean my plots/style!) - it's either silly parodies that almost write themselves or it's some in-depth exploration of an abstract concept. I've already got an outline for another one to follow the cheery 'sacrifice' series and it looks at the lessons inherent in the Soresu lightsaber style...

I'm really not a fiction writer. And I have never intentionally written a story! Some random idea just leaps on me and keeps badgering me until I have written it down, so I don't get much say in what I write [face_laugh]

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Lucas Licencing is to blame for my difficulty with Star Wars AUs! :D They have created such strict rules about 'canon' that it can feel like shackles. If I compare that with Star Trek (sorry for mentioning that), the books are not really regarded as canonical so you can more or less ignore what they say. I guess I am just too 'by the book' (quite literally) and probably need to learn from Qui-Gon's maverick attitude to the rules. I have much to learn of the Living Force etc etc.

4. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
  5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    My you gals have been busy today!!

Val, your comment on Ruth's Freudian slip cracked me up - good one.

I CAN"T WAIT until the next chapter by her.

6. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, well.... after all this deep discussion of attachments and the Code, do I /dare/ push forward with a re-write of "Secrets"? WHat if I pubicly humiliate myself?

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You'll probably continue to "pubicly humiliate" yourself if you don't let me have 1st crack - er, beta -your fics.

ruth baulding likes this.
  8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I admit it, openly. I have much to learn of the Living QWERTYUIOP.
    1st crack - no comment

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I wonder how many folks "see' the horrific typos Ruth deliberately sprinkles into her stories to see if anyone is paying attention...I'd guess very few of us since we're all so engrossed in the story that only nitpickers like me see the mechanics.
    They are deliberate, right, Ruth?

10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    /looks Lama Su right in the face, not even batting an eyelash/ "Yes.... that's why they're there."

obimom likes this.
  11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [face_laugh]

No really, Ruth, when is the next chapter? :D

12. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    It's coming.... it's coming..... I'm trying to find a way to work in a cat reference for you....
    When I left Siri and Obi-Wan in that cell, they were sitting side by side. Then I come back to the beginning of the next chapter, and her head is in his lap, and I had to give them both a strict talking to.
    "Look, you need to cooperate here. You can't be this cozy when you have so much unresolved tension and angst still percolating between you. Now get back where you were."
    "But we're sick of this misery. Besides, we already had a glimpse at chapter twenty two and chapter twenty five. Why can't we just fast forward to the good parts?"
    "Because this is a /narrative/ for stars' sake, and your job as the protragonists is to - wait a minute. HOW did you get a sneak peek at those chapters? Not even Val knows what's in them for sure!!!"
    "Obi-Wan had another vision."
    "I bet he did. Yeah, you can blush all you want, buster, but unless you cooperate right NOW there will BE no "chapter 22" - now or ever. Capiche?"
    SO then they grudgingly acquiesced... and you can see why it isn't done yet. Obi-Wan is peeved at me, and consequently refuses to say any of his lines, and of course no amount of torture or threatening will /make/ him - and Siri is still a little dazed from gazing into his unspeakably beautiful eyes at close proximity for so long.
    I swear, I should just switch to paranormal teen romance --- OH WAIT. I guess Jedi qualify as paranormal, so dang....

Eryndil and obimom like this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ruth baulding: Obi-Wan drinks a ceremonial drink of Kahlua and Brandy with a side of Misi?

Deb: didn't you read Ruth's last posted chapter? That was the chapter with the Freudian slip - not the one to come (unless Ruth has another one in store).

ruth baulding likes this.
  14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    There was one I already caught without assistance.
    Siri speaking: "I heard you already, Kenobi."
    Except my fingers missed the "e" in heard....

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    :eek: Ruth - you "held out" on me. Or, rather, um...Siri got a bigger reaction than expected, eh?

Okay, all, I'm declaring victory on ONE front. I have figured out HOW to replace a background without difficulty: create a fill layer, use paint bucket, **, flatten and save. The ** means I can see in real time how different color choices look - no erasing/painting of layers, changing opacity, etc. I still don't get combining layers (the ** stage) except theoretically.

See:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Yeah, Kahlua decided to clean the frying pan I fixed bacon and eggs in. So my first reaction upon seeing her - PHOTO TIME!

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Deb: didn't you read Ruth's last posted chapter? That was the chapter with the Freudian slip - not the one to come (unless Ruth has another one in store).[/quote]

Of course I did...but I if the slip was still there, I missed it. (so enthralled by the narrative, you see). :D

Miss Siriwan angst? Are you kidding? :p

There was one I already caught without assistance.
    Siri speaking: "I heard you already, Kenobi."
    Except my fingers missed the "e" in heard....[/quote]

[face_laugh]

17. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Admirable restraint...

18. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Obi Wan says HI:D

[​IMG]

19. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Hi there. Quiet in here, isn't it? :D

[​IMG]

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Can I just climb into that lap and take a little comfy nap? Please?

laloga and Valairy Scot like this.
  21. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha ha! Careful, Ash, or you'll get a review like I did today, implying that I am immoral...:_|
    On the other hand, such calumnies might be best soothed away by just such a nap as you suggest... hmmm...

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I don't know what calumnies are. But I'm only suggesting a perfectly innocent little Obi cuddle :D My night is getting worse and worse! I definitely need a nap!

laloga likes this.
  23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I swear it would be for the greater good. No impropriety at all :D

laloga likes this.
  24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He just looks so comfy cozy and wonderful and soothing...

laloga and ruth baulding like this.
  25. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe Val can photoshop him into my living room - he would fit nicely in the corner. the chair is a bit BIG, but one can make aesthetic allowances...