main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Opening Scene of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    JJ Abrams always has an awesome opening scene for all of his movies an tv shows.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Hopefuly the SW7 opening doesn't depress me as much as the ST opening did

God bless that scene. Though I find it stupid that Thor didn't just use Mjolnir to defeat Nero :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    i actually won't mind a huge war. The republic fighting the mandalore army, seeing Luke leading a battalion of cloned lou diamond phillips

Episode Swag likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll open with the Disney and Lucasfilm logo obviously. Come on now.

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I just hope that whatever the opening is introduces us to either the new hero or the new villain *seems like the most obvious thing to do and sorry...but I dont think they should introduce Luke again in the first 5 minutes. Build up the anticipation and give him a nice and epic reveal AFTER we're introduced to the new main character. Just my opinion*

DarthApprentice and Episode Swag like this.
  6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    This seems logical and probable.

Which is one reason why I'm not a fan of the EU, alot of ridiculous and poorly thought-out concepts.

Just for the sake of being different I will go with a scene I'd like to see:

PAN down from the stars to Tatooine. Night. Mos Whatever colony is in a state of chaos as the citizens are running frantically through the streets. Explosions can be heard and seen in other parts of the colony. Blasts of fire. The citizens part as three darkly clad figures make their way against the rush of beings toward the chaos. Suddenly, a massive Krayt Dragon emerges into the open, blasting fire back and forth. The figures stand firm -- three lightsabers ignite in the darkness. They rush the Krayt battle, battle, battle until one lone figure swoops down from behind and impales the dragon's head with his green lightsaber. He rides the head down to the ground where the other three figures await.

"What took you so long, Master?" asks the first.

"I'm not as young as I used to be, comes the reply." The figure removes his hood to reveal himself as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

(Thereafter we're introduced to his Padawans -- Solo nephew and niece and his daughter Nomi.)

7. IndyRedLeader

IndyRedLeader Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2013
    Gotta be something starting with the DS. Hopefully not dropping us right back into war, but something more cerebral. Something of a slow build with this one story spanning all three movies. Classic playwriting: Intro and set-up in the first movie (Like ANH), total conflict in the middle act/movie (ESB), and resolution in the final act/movie (RotJ).

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh you beat me to it. A main galactic authority ship at first doing something :D

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. hyperionprime

hyperionprime Jedi Knight

Apr 3, 2011
    after the opening scroll,the camera down to a fleet of star destroyer,the last imperial fleet,then the camera does a 360 red the bottom of the fleet and hundreds of tie fighter of all kind,then a alliance squadron of A-B-Y-X-WING enters the fight,as fighter are destroy and all looking bad for the alliance a voice is reasoning in wedge helmet

''blue squadron to the left,gold squadron to the right,rogue squadron with me,s-foil lock in position,this is red 5 i'm taking the command of the fleet!
    then r-2 give a few bipp!

then enters the falcon

while this time solo and skywalker daughter'S and son's jedi knight are figthin inside the star destroyer!

10. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    opening space ship crawl .. ship approaches tatooine .. imperial forces retrieve bobas half eaten body .. a familiar voice resounds approval that boba is alive

11. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Do you realize that not everyone from Alderaan was on the planet when it was destroyed? Alderaan was one of the more prominent planets in galactic affairs/trade/etc. It makes perfect sense that there would be Alderaan natives away and on other planets for work or personal trips (i.e. Tycho Celchu was a Tie pilot for the Empire at the time). While Alderaan was known for its pacifism, they were not isolationists.

How is surviving former residents of Alderaan ridiculous or poorly thought-out? There are going to be Alderaan natives spend all over the galaxy. While the EU does have some poorly thought-out concepts, such as the abomination known as The Clone Wars movie and tv series, this is not one of them.

12. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    MI:3 and Star Trek both have dark and exciting openings that focus on the characters in grim situations. Expect something like that.

13. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    Isnt it some kind of sin to talk about star trek in a sw forum?

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Since we got JJ, its gunna be hard to NOT talk about Star Trek...especially with Star Trek 2 coming out soon.

15. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    God star trek was god awful. Everyone of them

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol. I've never noticed that before.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Thousands (or more like 10's of thousands)- enough to repopulate a whole planet as was inferred in the original post? What? Did someone hear about the Death Star (pesky Bothans) and say to everyone on Alderaan "Messa seeing some bombad **** gonna hit da fan! Maybe yousa go on holiday to anodder planet for a while?"*

And actually, some of the CW has had some rather GOOD stories, but like the books, thankfully we can pick and choose what we like - there's no end of life test on what was 'true' for Star Wars.

*Yes, I know, that's not what a Bothan sounds like - but play along with me here.

18. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    My prediction based on nothing is that the event that will set the new trilogy into motion will be the murder/death of Han Solo!!

19. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013

Force kick. .;-)

Force kink

20. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Agreed on picking and choosing. Look at it this way. How many Americans do you think are currently abroad in other countries? According to the Department of State as of 2011 there are 6.32 million Americans (excluding the military) living in other countries. That is out of a total population of 300-320 million. Alderaan's population was put at 2 billion, so it would be be no problem to assume that they would have a even higher number of people on other planets. Personally I would say that only thousands or tens of thousands is too low and you could rightfully assume that the survivors total is in the tens of millions. That is easily enough to repopulate a planet.

Edit to include the link

http://aaro.org/about-aaro/6m-americans-abroad

21. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Jar Jar and the three stooges battle droids falling all over themselves in a battle where a 6 year old kid just happens to be pod racing through while some other guy with a lightsaber cries and complains to his girlfriend about how life isn't fair then all of the sudden crying guy just chop's the pod racing kid, Jar Jar and the droids into little pieces because he has a temper tantrum. Like a child. That would make a great opening scene. Serious.

22. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Well...it was more of a Star Wars movie anyway.

23. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    ROTS also had a Republic Star Destroyer right before the fighters showed, so that's 4 for 6.

24. DarthRuss

DarthRuss Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    The Skywalker clan should not show up until the story has moved along quite a way. I would say about halfway through the movie there should be a scene with the Jedi Council with Luke in Yoda's seat. I was thinking perhaps open with the Falcon being chased by a nasty looking ship and it is captured. Han and Leia are taken and perhaps one is killed by the new villain with the other imprisoned. The crew then ask the baddie what should be done with the falcon and he/she says, "Destroy it." The falcon is ejected into space and blasted. Cut to the Jedi Council being informed of the attack.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll open with a voiceover saying "I dreamed of the Alliance" and it sounds like Luke but it's actually his butler.