main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* Obi-Wan in TCW Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, even after he became Vader he still kept respect of him, he once dreamed if he didn't stop Windu, he would name his son "Jinn".

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    and his daughter Tonic.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I've seen The Last Command comic and just wasn't buying that part of it.

You're obviously a big Qui-Gon Jinn fan and for whatever reason, you hate Obi-Wan...but there's not a whole lot of point in distorting scenarios in the films and TCW to fit your particular point of view. I'm sure you could explain why you find Qui-Gon so great without slamming Obi-Wan or creating scenarios in which Anakin practically worshiped Qui-Gon.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I just think Anakin still kept great respect of Qui Gon, thus he hates Maul.

I like Qui Gon because

1. EP I was the first SW movie I watched.
    2. Liam Neeson is my favorite actor.
    3. He admired Anakin's talent and was willing to help him get free and fulfill Anakin's dream to become a Jedi knight.

I don't like Jedi overall but Qui Gon gives me the impression of "That's what a Jedi Master should look like and act." Of course ironically he was different than most of the PT Jedi.

As for Anakin, like I said, Qui Gon let him be able to become a Jedi, when nobody beside Shmi admired his talent.

But overall I'm just saying Anakin hates Maul and Obi Wan should bring him to save Satine.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I think Obi-Wan should have stayed home and just sent Anakin to save Satine. After all, only Anakin is competent - and * only his hate of Maul is potent enough to save Satine - which of course will shake his marriage in time-honored tradition because Satine will fall for Anakin and being a man, he will be tempted but will remain true to his one love...

(* see actual other thread)

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your opinion of Qui-Gon is what it is, and you don't have to defend it to me or anyone else.

However, I'm going to disagree with you that Anakin spent 10 years hating Maul because he respected Qui-Gon.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's a good point, Valairy Scot.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, they should work together and grab whatever help they could get to save Satine.

I won't have a problem if
    Satine is saved, but that's sadly not the case.

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah, Anakin doesn't need his master's help - Obi-Wan would only get in the way.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think he spent 10 years to hate Maul, but when he sees Maul his hate would flow out because he still kept great respect of Qui Gon, of course he would want to avenge for Qui Gon.

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Seriously, I just want
    Satine to be saved, so more help would be good, I would also point at Anakin if he refused to help.

12. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    The mods should close this thread if spoilers are not allowed because the title says the word "Spoilers."

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    How about this:

Seerow: should spoilers still be allowed or do you want to edit the thread title to remove "spoilers allowed"?

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Do you guys want this thread spoilers or spoiler free?

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Valairy hasn't read the book, so I think for him it's better to keep the spoiler.

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I haven't read the book nor am I part of the "sekrit conversation" but I am aware of a certain character's fate if that means anything. (P.S. I'm a "she.")

Looking at the photo on the OS page, the escape vessel is Anakin's ship, I assume. Same mechanical problems, eh - never trust your padawan's ship - all the upgrades go to Artoo.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets just keep the book spoiler in spoilers. Which means I'ma be editing several of these posts. This spoiler stuff will get easier after this arc.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Oh you are a lady, nice to meet.

Seriously, yes I don't like Obi Wan but I'm willing to like him if he could save Satine. I don't mind to see character I dislike kicks ass if that could save the character I like. He really should bring Anakin, the most important thing is to save your loved one if you really love her, so you should get all the help you could find.

Part of the reason I followed TCW since Maul's return is I know the brothers will be related the the Mandalorians and I know Satine is going to die at their hands. However the story is not that good, the plot is too rushed and they made Satine an idiot and Obi Wan could do better. Some of my friends said it's his character, he got some passion but overall is shackled by the old Jedi discipline, and I guess that's why I don't like him and why I don't like most of the Jedi.

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hmm, are you saying you dislike Obi-Wan for what your friends say about him (and the Jedi) or that upon viewing, you find you agree with them?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't like him because

1. He got way too many romance in EU, I don't know why did they do it. And like most of the Jedi, he always kept himself with the discipline and willing to let the attachment go, even after the woman died for him. Especially since I like Satine a lot, I feel she deserve better from Obi Wan. Yes he said he would stay for Satine if she asked, but after I read the book I know it's not the case. If he really thought that way he would stay with her.

2. He also kinda treat others this way, he had friendship with Anakin, mentor-student relationship with Luke, but he would throw it away for the "greater good". That's why he lied to Luke about Vader and wanted him to kill his father, and sadly that's the Emperor's plan all along.

3. Ewan looks like a nobody before Liam Neeson in EP I.

So overall, his flaw is pretty much the PT Jedi's flaw, I don't like PT Jedi so I don't like him, and he didn't treat some characters I like well enough.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    You don't like PT Jedi, but you like Qui-Gon?

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Because he's very against PT Jedi's way, same as Dooku.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Makes sense since Dooku trained him, I really like Qui-Gon too, great actor and a great character.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    1. LOL, you don't like a guy because he got women?

Oh never mind--that's kind of typical.

2. he had friendship with Anakin, mentor-student relationship with Luke, but he would throw it away for the "greater good"

So it would be OK for him to let the galaxy go to hell as long as he maintained his friendships? It would be OK for him to, for example, let thousands of people die in order to save one person?

That must be new math. One person's life more valuable than that many others.

3. LOL. So?

Seerow and Valairy Scot like this.
  25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    1. I don't mind he got women, but I mind how does he treat them. Like I said he's a PT Jedi, so he could not really love others so much.

2. He was going to let the galaxy go to hell, if Luke killed Vader he would fall to the Dark Side 100% for sure and the Empire would grow even more powerful, more people would be doomed.

Actually I can put these aside if he could save Satine or at least try the best to save her, too bad that's not the case, and his flaw is what caused this.