main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Until I see Singer tweet that principle production has begun on the movie, I'm going to presume casting annoucement tweets will still be made. So you know, Nightcrawler could still be in it, it just hasn't been annouced yet.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    FWIW, Alan Cummings wants to return as Nightcrawler.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    alan spooging

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Really? I'd be down for more Nightcrawler, but I thought he hated the make-up.

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    alan spunking

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Getting really excited for this! AAAAAAAAAAA

7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yep.

8. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    If most of the roles will be as brief as I think they will be he wouldn't have to be in make up long. Though if he does have more screen time they could always utilize the imaging device Kurt used to look human when venturing into the real world.

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    alan skeeting

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Stop that.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    'X-Men: Days of Future Past' -- Sentinels Confirmed to Play a Big Part
    [​IMG]

This keeps getting better and better.

12. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I am more excited about his statements concerning Kitty. Certainly they are vague but they sound hopeful at least.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I may have to break down and save up more money than I thought in my movie budget next year, because, Oh Man, I've wanted to see the Sentinels on the Big Screen since the original X-Men and to finally have them on screen? Well it'd be worth saving a little more to see that.

14. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    As iconic as they are for the X-Men franchise and while I like the implications of sentinels (government sponsored weapons used to hunt and cull the mutant populace) I find they are often more ridiculous than not. They should be frightening, they are often rather easily defeated and over-used.

Kinda like Daleks or the Borg.

15. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly the whole Sentinel concept seemed kinda far fetched to me. I mean we live in a country where a lot of people are upset we use robots to kill terrorists. I can't imagine an American populace that would accept giant robots walking around hunting citizens down without due process. Then again comic citizens elected Lex Luthor to be president so maybe they're just a bunch of idiots.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    It's not unheard of for the US Government to hunt down people without due process. Paranoia and hysteria can do funny things to people when they feel threatened.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah but they do that secretly and with restraint. Giant robots are neither.

18. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Guantanamo was supposed to be a secret?!

19. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    No, and look at all the people that are against it. Giant Robots hunting citizens inside the country is 1000 times for noticeable than a prison in Cuba. I just can't see any president enacting a Sentinel style plan, nor any congressman voting for it, and not get voted out. The left would hate the disregard for law and civil rights, the right would hate it for giving the government too much power, moderates would hate it for being over the top ridiculous.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I agree that giant robots are a terrible weapon and entirely unrealistic (another beef of mine), but I don't think it's all that far fetched for paranoia and hysteria to drive people to permit the sacrifice of liberty (due process) for security.

Souderwan likes this.
  21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I don't know, I mean look at the world now. People are against TSA measures at the airport, people are against drone strikes against known terrorists, etc... I can't see any mutant terrorism leading to a worse outcome that what we already had. And any reaction lasting more than a few years before a backlash against all the new measures occurred in full.

Not to mention I doubt our weapon of choice would be giant metal robots when going after a man with magnet powers. I mean magnets mess up computers and a robot is metal + computer.

22. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    If terrorists had superpowers and were leveling cities and causing devastation far greater than that of 911 I am sure you would see anti-mutant hysteria cause people to do all kinds of crazy things. Especially when you start to add charismatic politicians making a name for themselves playing up that hysteria.

Again I agree that the robots themselves are ridiculous, but the thought process to get to the point of hysteria and taking militant action is entirely realistic.

Don't make me Godwin this discussion.

JoinTheSchwarz and Souderwan like this.
  23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Nazi Sentinels!?
    [​IMG]

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's easy for us in the real world to say we wouldn't put up with Sentinels. However the X-Men universe is one where there are many beings running around with powers that I would imagine terrify most of the 'normal' human populous. Especially when some like Magneto have displayed that they have no problem with killing non - mutant humans. So it wouldn't be completely out of the question for non - mutant humans to overlook giant robots programmed to kill these other beings with god - like powers whereas here in the real world, it's unlikely we'll ever encounter a being like Professor X, or Magneto and ergo would never feel the need for Sentinels.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Eh. It's Mark Millar. Take his words with half the world's production of salt.