main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Not really. There are two "journeys" outlined in the book, one light, one dark. He used one for the OT, the other for the PT. Other aspects of Campbell's interpretation of myth factored into the Ewoks animated and live action tv shows, Willow, and The Clone Wars. But Lucas seems to have moved on to other sources. There's a lot of paganism in his post RotJ fantasy, I think he must have gotten into Robert Graves (The White Goddess) at some point. He also frequently uses the Stith-Thompson "Index of Motifs in Folk Literature". Shakespeare seems to have greatly influenced the PT as well. Expect a melting-pot of influences. But I expect that, given the enduring success of the OT, Arndt and the director will try to adhere to the same structure as ANH.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  2. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    RE: "So you can rest assured that the Lucas Film LTD logo will be the only one at the beginning."

I certainly hope so. It would be odd to have the Disney Logo instead (or disappointing to not have the LFL logo there at all).

RE: "What I hope they do, is still somehow work with Fox so we can still have the traditional 20th Century Fox opening that has become so synonimous... but I doubt that happens."

I'm with you. The 20th Century Fox logo is classic, and I hope they can find a way to keep it in there, so that all 9 films have a consistent format from start to finish.

-DL

3. Darth_Leeda

Nov 8, 2002
    I'm also wondering what planets we will see in Ep VII, and it what circumstances, for that matter...

I'd love to see a 3rd generation skywalker living on Tattooine, or at least significantly spending time there.

Also, the moon of Yavin would be great for a battle or lightsaber fight, or even secret Sith base (reemergence, or digging for Sith relics).

How about a full fledged ocean battle on Kamino!

4. Darth_Leeda

Nov 8, 2002
    If the Sith do remerge (or fallen Jedi), I hope the rule of 2 is no more. I want to see an army of Sith/Dark Jedi in an epic lightsaber battle with an army of Jedi!

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I think Yoda is a bit misunderstood there, when he says that isn't Dooku and Maul probably already Sith?

I thought he was saying that if there were more than two then chances are the two learners could gang up on the Master, a bit like Luke did with Vader against Sidious in ROTJ.

So it's not a rule as such, but in saying that I doubt there will be an army of Sith against a Jedi army - actually I think there will only be one or two Sith in Ep7-9 and probably just Luke and Hann/Leia's son/daughter as Jedi

6. GlobalMurrkitts

GlobalMurrkitts Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    I think in some part of the trilogy, Luke or Leia go to Naboo for some reason...heck, maybe a crisis even starts in Naboo, or maybe the film starts in Naboo with people attacking the planet or something(probably not), but I think we will see Leia or Luke in Naboo. At least I think I would like to see it, just to sort of have the bridge of the two trilogies.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As far as he knows Maul is dead and Dooku is always going to be a good little Jedi.

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    the way movies and tv are going, i'd expect to see the following

Gay jedis who struggle to fight against the Jedi Order to accept same sex marriage
    The galactic senate bans all assault weapons and channels trillions of dollars to produce "gun free zone" signs
    The jedi order will be rocked by a child molestation scandal

Since the force is a representation of God, all Jedis will be ordered to not speak of the Force in public.
    Any religious symbols must be removed from the Public square and to not insult woman, the Force will be now be referred to as
    Mother Force.

10. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    What movies or tv are you watching???

11. newforce

newforce Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2013

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Wild speculation along the "Mark hasn't tweeted in a few days" Dan Logan (Young Boba) is usually a FB chatterbox, and he's done a MIA too... [face_mischief]

13. wookiebk

wookiebk Jedi Padawan

May 6, 2004
    Padme is the evil one!!!1

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Chewie doesn't die by the falling moon, the falling moon dies by him.

Krueger and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Not exactly wild speculation but I hope that Luke, Han and Leia (MH, HF & CF) return, and not necessarily for the same reasons as some others....I want a new and fresh trilogy, not one that tries to squeeze a little more juice out of a tale we already know (a little too well in most of our cases) BUT...this is episode 7 i.e. follows on from ROTJ, so surely we will see the characters we know and love hand over to a new set of heroes and villains that we can look back on with the same nostalgia we do with our current/not so current heroes

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The moon didn't fall on him...Chewbacca pulled it down :p

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    In in the Chewbacca memorial miniseries from DHC, Chewie's dad had the epic line, something like "what planet can conquer a Wookie warrior? What mere moon is a match for my son?"

kubricklynch and DarthBoba like this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Can we just not have people die by falling moons in the ST? It sounds silly and anticlimactic.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  19. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Luke Skywalker will have one child; a daughter, she will be the protagonist. Chewbacca will be alive and well. The Falcon will be destroyed, and that's my strongest, wildest speculation. The Falcon will be obliterated during the course of the film.

20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  21. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    I'd like to see Han and Lando's final scene in the ST be the two of them aged about 80-ish playing Sabacc for the Falcon which they have somehow ended up with shared ownership of.
    They send R2 off to bring more drinks and both nod off and pass away in their sleep while C3-PO is stood there nattering about something and doesn't even notice until R" gets back.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Luke Skywalker will have one child; a son, he will be the protagonist. Chewbacca will be alive and well. The Falcon will be destroyed.

There. Allowing for that one change, I now completely agree with you. :)

And should it come to pass, it will be a sad day, indeed, when the Millennium Falcon goes down. It will be hard for me to watch.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    - Luke Skywalker will survive until Episode IX
    - Leia Organa Solo will be President of the Republic
    - Han Solo will sacrifice himself in some heroic way
    - Had Abaddon will appear
    - Chewbacca will be alive
    - Episode VII will end with some kind of big space station or battleship exploding
    - Their will be a new Big 3
    - Episode VII will kick off with Leia being abducted from Coruscant
    - Anakin Skywalker will appear as a Force ghost

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    In the Sequel Trilogy, the Death Star will be completed on schedule.

dolphin and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    ^ lol!

I reckon we'll see Corellia. Always wanted to see what it's like.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.