main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    That's a shame. I'd say you're welcome to ours, but I think the US is probably a little more than 200 km away... :p

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yep, that's a bit too much as well.

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I made it legit. :p

4. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Better get on that. Only 5 months to plan!

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    There are a few menus in the books. Just a few.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    One of those short production videos is out with a few glances at new characters:

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

Awesome glance at Season 3.

Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Heh, just like last year, I was able to identify where many of those scenes take place in the story. The next two months are going to be excruciating!

10. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    This is an edited thread I made on another board - note there are SPOILERS below, to those who haven't caught up with the end of Season 2:

Just got into Game of Thrones late last year, and have watched every episode - incredible. This show is groundbreaking & stunning; IMHO, it's not only the best show currently on TV, but is also one of the best TV shows of all time.

So many good things about this show, but here are some high points. Note that I didn't catch many of the names of these characters, so I apologize in advance if I'm just describing them instead of naming them:

- Powerful & horrific opening scene in the 1st episode of the 1st season, with the zombies. Really set the tone for the series, i.e. a centuries-old threat coming back to life after years of being dormant.

- Really like the Knightswatch aspect. The idea of a group of Knights living in an isolated area to guard humanity from a threat that no one believes is real anymore & and forsaking family & friends to do so is interesting. And, having them be taken from all levels of society (and most of them forced and/or coerced into this) adds another level to their "service". I.e., most of them don't want to be there - and, though they're supposedly honored by society, they're usually ridiculed instead. The whole sequence with John Snow & the captured wilding really illustrated how some people/groups feel about the Knights.

- Some of the greatest actresses I've never heard of are on this show. Especially impressed by the one who plays the tall blonde knight.

- Peter Dinklage's character is great; liked how he stepped up and went into battle in the second to last episode (of the 2nd season). Been a fan of his ever since seeing the film "Station Agent" back in '03.

- I like how the "bad" guys (i.e. the Lannisters) are sympathetic in some cases, i.e. the PD character. At times, you really don't know who to root for, which makes the show much more interesting.

- Joffy (sp?!) is one of the biggest scumbag villains in the entire history of TV/Film.

- The plotline involving the fair-haired young woman & the dragons is great; I'm guessing we'll see these baby dragons grow into full-grown dragons at some point. Very cool.

Re: the finale of the second season:

- It will be interesting to find out who the mysterious knight?! is who helped the little would-be warrior daughter (who was in disguise & on the run). He appears to be some kind of shape-shifter who can move very quickly. The thing that puzzles me is why he needed her help to get out of the burning wagon, since it seems he should have been able to get out on his own. Maybe he was testing her to see if she would help him, which in turn led to him helping her?!

- The final scene of the zombies/demons marching through the frozen wasteland while Samwell looked on was truly horrifying. Great ending!

I have not read the books, and have no interest in doing so at this time. It would lead me to unfairly compare the books to the show & may spoil some plot-points for me. That being said, I may read them when the show has wrapped up completely

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Joffrey is the one Lannister who I can never find sympathy with. Every time he's slapped, I cheer

12. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    joffrey is someone you shouldn't be able to sympathize with at all. he's just not written/portrayed that way at all.

13. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003

That is all.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

SWpants666 likes this.
  14. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Blur, it's amazing how accurate your predictions and assessments about the show are so far. That's all I'll say for now.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Almost through with the first season! I plan on getting Season 2 for Easter. I wish I had HBO. :(

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you is the internets. i'm sure you can find a way to watch the next season.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I was just about to ask if the Season 2 DVD set is out already. Yeah, sometimes I wish I had HBO too. :(

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There is HBO-Go which some of my friends use, but I don't know how much that costs.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, Blur? you could do what some people have done, and read the books associated with that season. although that won't work so well next season since they're splitting that book into two seasons. but that way you could get the full experience without waiting... god only knows how many years. probably at least 6 more, if not more, before the end of the series.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    HBO Go is only available with an HBO subscription. So at the very least you need a basic cable package + HBO. Me, I just sign in using my parents' account. They don't use it anyway.

21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    moar like HBO Go **** Yourself

22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't have an HBO subscription either. [face_shhh] [face_whistling]

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes, I watched Season 2 via HBO too....... [face_whistling]

24. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh good, I'm glad they're beginning to split the books into multiple seasons (though the wait time will be crazy!) Just...not as crazy as the wait time for the novels. Yeesh.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    a large part of it is because of the sheer amount of things that happen in this book. there's really no way to fit it into ten episodes. at least, not and do them justice.