main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation WIll we ever see the Lars Homstead on Tatooine again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bosskkkk, Jan 25, 2013.

1. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    It burned to the ground in A New Hope.... It's over lol

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Anakin was a slave on Tatooine and Luke was raised by his step uncle there, and neither could stand the place and only went back because they had to at some point. They no longer have any connections there at all since all connections are dead. Tatooine is no longer central to the Skywalker family.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke Skywalker will be attacked by no less than 6 separate species of Krayt Dragons, each with their own distinctive howl. Afterwards, he will turn to the camera and say "See? They ALL sound slightly different!" Cut to Luke's apprentice shrugging awkwardly and asking "Uh, who are you talking to?"

4. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes. In EVII Luke has teamed up with Watto and refitted the homestead into an Iced Blue Milk stand. They're cleaning up & Luke uses the extra cash to buy scrapped landspeeders and fix 'em up, selling for a profit. It's just a cameo, as the Solo children embark on their epic journey to fight the New Dark Force Sith Army Of The Second Empire and blow up the DS3; they don't stop for advice, though, they're just in the mood for Iced Blue Milk. Mark has already agreed to shoot the scene, according to sources close to the actor, Mark believes "the scene brings a new level of realism to the Star Wars universe."

5. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    It depends on the story doesn't it? I could imagine Luke hanging out there if the story dictated he had gone into self-imposed exile or something like that.
    I'd be happy to see the location again, but dont need to see too much more of Tatooine.

6. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    Ice Blue Milk - IBM. Its a conspiracy!

7. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I could see a scene where luke goes back to visit aunt beru, uncke owen and shmis plot.

8. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Spoiler Alert... Klingon War Ship is going to blow the place sky high once they conclude that there's no more "Blue Milk!!!". ;)

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would like to see a return to Dagobah instead. that place where Luke had his vision in the cave looked intriguing and IMO that Idea could be expanded on much more perhaps. I had always wished to know more about that Cave...

10. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    WIll we ever see the Lars Homstead on Tatooine again?

Perhaps the ruins of the Lars Homestead. Unless Luke decided to rebuild it after RotJ.
    But what I am sure of is that we'll see Tatooine again, and possibly the "2 suns moment".

11. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Luke, riding in one of those rikshaw things from AOTC: "Where the hell was this when I was a child???"

Padme501st likes this.
  12. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    It's more likely that Luke would visit Ben's old dwelling, perhaps to retrieve some teachings or something.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Probably not, but I think we'll see Tatooine at least once in the ST.

Preferably waiting until Episode IX's finale, for the long-overdue Battle of Tatooine, to wrap up the entire saga...

14. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Some reasons the Lars Homestead and other familiar locations from Tatooine would be in more movies:
    -Someone goes to Obi-Wan's home to get something else of importance that was in the toy box where he conveniently kept Anakin's lightsaber.
    -Something involving Jabba's palace.
    -The story could just find itself there for the purpose of showing more of something never completely seen or to somehow match something in the other films (sunset at the Lars Homestead).
    -The script could tap into and use some of the mystery assumed to be surrounding Shmi.
    We don't know if Lucas's story could have some simple redux of recurring villains or cloning or something else. It is Lucas's treatment, and he has been behind stuff like resurrecting Darth Maul (in both Savage Oppress and Darth Maul) and having characters like Ziro the Hutt. He may still throw in some of his old "rhyming" stuff or be clung to thinking he needs to revisit those set pieces. This is where J.J. Abrams and maybe even Arndt could input their ideas.

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, honestly, the Lars homestead would make sense as a retirement place for an old Luke.

Makes the most logical sense if we are being reintroduced to him.

16. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I would like to see a Jedi constructing a new lightsabre. That's something we've never seen on the big screen. I do like the idea of a live action, big screen visit to Ilum.

17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I could imagine a lightsaber construction scene - sort of like the scene in TFU when Starkiller is levitating his saber parts in the air and putting them together with the Force. I feel the films could desperately use something like that somewhere in the saga.

18. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I'd be happy with a Tatooine cameo, but a more prominent role for that planet might seem a little forced. Having said that, I'm not sure it'd piss me off too much.

vinsanity likes this.
  19. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Who knows, Tatooine could become a new urban crossroads of the galaxy. A clever cameo would be cool. While I liked the return in TPM, and I liked the look of the place, I was never comfortable with how the story just directed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon there because of the leaking hyperdrive.

20. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I honestly hope that Coruscant is the only planet we return to from the previous films. Going back to any other planet would just amount to nostalgia mining, and please, none of that. But if we are going to see a needless pitstop at Tatooine simply for the sake of pleasing OT fanboys who won't shut up, let's at least let it be even-handed and include a stop at Naboo or something. Coruscant is the only planet we really need to see again because it's the political center of the galaxy, and I'm sure that we'll see OT ships as locations again. But we don't need to retrace any planet hopping.

21. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    The more I think about it, the more it seems logical for Luke to set up shop on his old homeworld, either on the old moisture farm or in Ben's old home.
    -He could restore the farm in memory of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, as well as maintain all of Kenobi's artifacts. A short shot of Luke paying respects to the headstones of Owen, Beru, Shmi, Clieg and Anakin would be interesting.
    -Tatooine would serve as a good training ground for Luke's new Jedi Order, as it is backwater enough not to raise too much attention.
    -Perhaps the Jedi recruits can grow crops for their own subsistence when not training, kind of like the shaolin monks in the movies who work the fields in between training periods.
    -Luke has ties to the people in Mos Eisley, Anchorhead and Tosche Station; friendly locals that could help keep his little commune a secret.
    -The only problem is the Hutts. Yes, Jabba is dead, but his crime family would certainly want revenge on Luke. Luke's presence near Jabba's old haunts would raise a few red flags amongst the underworld elements--- but that makes for an interesting side-story.

My only problem with this is that I'd prefer seeing new worlds, and I don't want the story to keep going back to Tatooine. However, if the Tatooine scenes are kept brief, it wouldn't be too bad.

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    It's possible I guess that Luke doesn't die, but retires instead, to his old farm.

Padme501st, TreborSabreon and Graphic like this.
  23. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    There's no room to really return to that Homestead, I don't even see a viable plot point out of it. Unless Luke's kid wants to discover her heritage, and that doesn't sound like Star Wars material. No, simply put.

24. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Where have you been? Luke revisits the Lars Homstead in Marvel's Star Wars issue #31.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Lars homestead - not sure

Tattooine - I reckon it's a sure fire thang

TreborSabreon likes this.