main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    So am I. :p but sadly I don't think we'll be seeing much Obi-wan vs Maul this episode due to A "certain" epic battle coming up. :(

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The book is quite vague and rushed as well.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's my opinion, it's quite short and included a lot of events.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Is it essentially just a transcript of the episodes then? That would be a bit disappointing, a tie-in novel would be a great place to add exposition and expand on these scenes so they make a bit more sense.

V-2 and Order66Survivor like this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "Revival" is extremely fast paced, like break neck fast. Its not 'rushed' IMO. It gets what it needed to get done setting "Shades of Reason" up jumping from world to world showing each group of gangsters being assimilated into Maul's army. After the demonstration of power where the leaders of Blacksun lost there heads its not surprising the Pykes turned up just wanting to join up with Maul and Deathwatch. Its quick but better than if we had to sit there listening to negotiations or what not. Nal Hutta had plenty of action crammed into it.

I feel like the Maul/ Vizsla dynamic was well handled despite only getting two episodes of screentime. The entire dynamic is simple. Its on Vizsla's pride and Maul's cunning to use that against him. It was interesting to see Vizsla clinching his fist and biting his tongue because he thought he was the one using Maul's power and could have the upper hand at anytime. As for Bo-Katan there were a few subtle exchanges that hinted she admired and even loved him. Silence well used. I still think there may have been a mutual spark there. It did the job.

"Shades of Reason" also has the same break neck pacing as "Eminence" it didn't work so well. That's where the arc could have been split into a 5th part. I agree the take over was to quick and its the speed of it that makes the Mandalorian people look kinda dense and the guards look completely ineffective. I think part of that comes down to the way that sequence was executed. It would have worked much better with this kind of pacing if the viewer just got quick glimpses of heavy fighting between the gansters and the Mando guards in quick succession rather than seeing the start and conclusion of antics the remind me of the Beagle Boys vs. GizmoDuck in all of 10 seconds.

Actually since this arc continues on from S2 and S3 I think the Mandalorian people have not been feeling confident in Satine for a while now. Satine is clearly not the same strong woman she was in season 2. She's become vulnerable, confused, and tired from all the betrayals that she has endured. Look a how bored she is during the peace talks between the Republic and CIS in "A Friend in Need". The people may be able to sense that and Satine made reference to the 'sacrifices' they have made. Can you imagine? The people in Sundari aren't dense, they are fed up and hit the wall with a final push from this gangster stuff and a flashy speech from Vizsla.

"Lawless" will likely have the same pacing as the previous two since they seem very linear. How bad it makes the episode, we'll have to see. The fast pacing has not taken away from how cool and well done the character drama is in this arc. Its on par and arguably better than the Rako Hardeen arc which is also very fast paced and awesome.

7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Hopefully this arc, on the BR/DVD set, will be director's cuts! A little expansion would help, eh???

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully they'll be real director's cuts then. I'm expects lots of deleted and extended scenes from this arc.

Also, for what its worth I've thought that this arc is supposed to wrap up the Mandalorian plot line. Not so sure about Maul. I do think we'll need to visit Mandalore once more to bring full closure.

V-2, Order66Survivor and fistofan1 like this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Am I the only one here who's against let Palpatine go by himself?

Pretty much.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes :p

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Finally!!!! IT'S NEARLY HERE!!!!! :D

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    yes, yes it is

13. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Remember, there can only be TWO. and you are no longer my apprentice.

scene is gonna give me the chills

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It's already overkill, he doesn't need the help.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I mean I prefer to let him stay behind and manipulate others to do the job for him, that's more like his style.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    He doesn't trust anyone else to do it right.

V-2 likes this.
  17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well Dooku and Grievous might not be able to beat them, and Sidious wants to make sure the job gets done.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  18. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    This will probably go down as my favorite episode ever.

V-2, Air Jedi and Order66Survivor like this.
  19. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Actually Filoni said himself that the main reason Palpatine is even going to fight Maul is because they wan't to show that Palpatine had to overcome some challenges during his rise to power and that it wasn't always easy for him. Personally I like that decision as well.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

21. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Sorry! Double post!

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Unfortunately I let myself get spoiled about
    Satine and Savage's deaths. Including Palps vs. Maul, is all that suppose to happen in this one episode?

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He did have difficulty and already finished it, the biggest challenge for him is to kill Plagueis and grab all the power by himself. Before that he also did quite a few stuff by himself.

After the war started I don't think it's wise to let him go by himself, TCW overall didn't do a good job over him, he showed too much sinister smile as Palpatine rather than carefully hide his identity and true purpose.

Yes.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Source?

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Slowpokeking You swapped our quotes around in your post.
    And I don't think Sidious would want Maul back as his apprentice and I know Maul definitely wouldn't want to be his apprentice, and Sidious thinks there's no point having Maul around, especially when he's planning to overthrow him and the rest of the Sith.