main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hey Ash! Thanks for the update. :)

serendipityaey likes this.
  2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm playing catchup with CW myself due to laptop issues, so i cant really update u all that much, sorry. I'm sure someone will come in more in the loop than me, which isnt difficult at this point lol

Tnx Serendipity, interesting [face_thinking].

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    *went to go look at thread*

*ran out silently screaming in her head*

laloga, Eryndil and Veloz like this.
  4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hi all!

TCW: 4 episodes of droids, not well received by the boards. I liked it (not loved it). The current Maul arc - pretty good. 1st epi (shown as the first show of the season) had Obi-Wan and Adi facing Maul and Savage with Hondo - pretty darn good, I'd say, one of my favs. Now, Satine is in trouble; imprisoned by Pre Vizsla and Maul; the latter using her as bait to draw Obi-Wan in (upcoming epi which I'm not allowed to post about yet here).

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Don't worry Veloz. I'm sure we'll catch them up sooner or later.

6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Tnx for the full update, Val. :) That episode with Satine sounded really interesting.

7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm not totally up on spoiler rules, but in the past couple eps...

Maul and Savage teamed up with Deathwatch to imprison Satine, and then Maul betrayed Deathwatch (gasp!) and challenged Viszla to a duel, which he lost, and which upset Bo - so the assumption is that Bo calls in Obi to help, possibly... or Obi just came to rescue Satine and then ends up teaming up with Bo to overthrow Maul. I've enjoyed the arc so far, the previews with Obi have been great! Satine sort of fell onto Obi when he rescues her, and to my eyes, he gently pushes her away. I truly honestly believes he cares for her - but knows what they had is in the past, and could not have worked. This scene seems to fit in with my perceptions of Obi's character..

Valairy Scot likes this.
  8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I did the same thing [face_laugh] dear lord some people just :rolleyes: :oops:

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Okey, thanks. Ithink that's enough now. I really doesn't want to know so much of the episode, because then I'll ruin the whole excitement. But thanks. :)

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Val is our representative. The only one tough enough to deal :D

I just... I don't even know what to think...

Other's arguments seem to be based purely on raw emotion, with no trace of reality. What can you even say to that?

Of course, completely entitled to their opinion, but it doesn't really make for discussion...

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, if anyone wants more details,the season OR the arc, PM me. FYI: if my muse cooperates, I want to do MY version of this, only it will not stick as close to the actual episodes as my adaptation of the Rako Hardeen arc did (btw, that story is almost completely posted - one chapter & 2 epilogues to go [face_dancing]).

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I can't wait for next week's episode... for once. What I've seen so far of the previews has been *beautifully* in character for Obi, and I'm just hoping and praying it continues so! Good signs.... cautiously optimistic.

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    When I saw the review of the whole season and saw that scene where Obi fought on Mandalore, I went completly crazy! I have waited for that scene soooo long and now it's finally up and go. YES!

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh, poor Obi the playah.... I can't quite work up the bravura to post in that other thread... But sheesh, we're talking about more than 20 years here! Including those rough coming of age years where relationships are all over the place! And of a man that had a very broad life (and need for comfort! :p)

Even if you want to include all of the EU which I really don't think one needs to, all those relationships were at different levels, for different reasons at different times and if you take a moderate to conservative view of them, which I think is *very* realistic in this situation - I don't see any way they have to contradict each other at all! Heck, I can even throw in my story and my romantic interest character, and it *still* doesn't contradict anything outright in Obi-Wan's EU life.

He's a charming, amiable, steady, level-headed guy. He's good with people. So what? ;)

Valairy Scot likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    You must see this video here:

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Isn't that so good! The display of Obi's good humor I mentioned before :)

laloga and Valairy Scot like this.
  17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Yeah, it was awesome! I'm going to watch that again. :p Never get tired of it. :D

laloga likes this.
  18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hello...yeah, I bit and check out the "other" board...then came back. sheesh!!

Lets take this a little too seriously, shall we?

It's not Obi-Wan fault that writers who love him keep making up new love interests for him...;)

He's just too...everything! not to be loved. ;)

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    What is so "funny"(?) about the "rant" is that it is all predicated on a certain character's fate. Because
    Satine dies
    and Obi-Wan was alone, it is Obi-Wan's fault for not being accompanied by someone, preferable Anakin in the poster's view. This is also the poster who thinks it would be a great idea for there to be an "threat" to Anakin and Padme's relationship "in the grand tradition" to strengthen it as per story-telling tradition and that 3rd party should be Satine.

He all but adores Satine and thinks she was ready to give up on Obi-Wan for non-commitment issues and would "obviously" fall for the younger and more "heroic" man, Anakin, who behaves as Obi-Wan once did before turning stoic and all Jedi. Anakin, in turn, being male, couldn't help being attracted to her no matter how strongly attached he is to his wife.

20. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan really needs more episodes to himself, I forget how wonderful he is sometimes.

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I can't admit to ever forgetting how wonderful he is, but I definitely agree with you. There's a lot he is capable of from council scenes to lightsaber battles and everything in between. It would be amazing to see more of him

Eryndil likes this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I can PM you some "more of him" photos, Ash...:D

serendipityaey and Eryndil like this.
  23. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Clearly Anakin would fall for Satine once he saw how wonderful she was and he would deserve her more than Obi-Wan who is a blind fool for not giving up everything (including other people's lives) to be with Satine. Is it just me, or is it a little bit odd for someone to be quite so obsessed with a cartoon character? [face_worried]

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, that's nothing - there's two posters who are perhaps more obsessed with Ahsoka: the "real Chosen One" and so sexy and all (not in a context that makes one shudder, thankfully).

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Haha :) I was wondering if anyone would take that set-up ;) Yes! Please! Always!