main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    One sec. It was on one of the latest videos on starwars.com i'll get back to you in A minute.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Its all crammed in there.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Let's wait for Lawless and you will know how Maul feel about his master.

4. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    I've managed to avoid all preview clips of Lawless. I'm going in completely clean but I'd be lying if i said it hasn't been tempting this past week. lol

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Good for you! I always manage to spoil myself accidentally. At this point, I've got to wonder if I subconsciously look for them. [face_frustrated]

6. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Only because he didn't exhaust all other options first. It would have been better for me had Sidious sent Dooku after them and the Count fail, forcing Sidious to do it himself.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    At this point anyone whose gone this long without getting spoiled should almost get a reward. I dunno how you've done it.

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You know the rules, Dooku's not allowed to fight anybody but Anakin, because the writers are worried the audience might actually find the change interesting and that's a No No.

As for Grevious, has he ever beaten anybody ? It's almost a running gag how useless he is, even the writers (on the S4 special features) mention that he never seems to win a fight!

So Sidious going to fight them makes perfect sense.

9. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    Ignoring Facebook this week helped immensely. Plus I worked overtime at the office so that kept me super busy. lol, Saturday is my onmly day off and Clone Wars is my reward

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was unspoiled up till last night. At least as far as this arc goes. :p

11. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm always unspoiled but that's only because I barely have time to keep up with the show much less watch the peripheral stuff.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It makes me sad how truthful this is.

Well, there is always hope next season.

fett 4 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  13. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Am I the only one hoping that the Mandalorian arc isn't over after this episode? So far, the only Jedi they've fought are Ahsoka and Obi-Wan. We haven't even seen them take on any clones! Maybe Bo Katan does want to overthrow Maul, but who's to say that Mandalore won't feel it needs some kind of support after this war and Almec throws in with Dooku?

Heck, I'm even hoping Maul survives because I want to see Sidious playing three sides in the Clone Wars!

14. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    There's no way they'll kill Maul already, Savage will probably die but Maul's only really had one proper storyline, they must have bought him back from the dead for more than this.

V-2 and Order66Survivor like this.
  15. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
  16. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    It's probably not over,

I definitely remember someone mentioning in one of the spoiler threads that Obi-Wan said the Republic would come to Mandalore.

V-2, Order66Survivor and Darth Ibonek like this.
  17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Darth.

Sidious.

Order66Survivor and Zer0 like this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Just like I said, Maul was still in great fear of his master.

V-2, Order66Survivor and Sable_Hart like this.
  19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Fear & wonder form quite the powerful combination....

Order66Survivor likes this.
  20. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    When your former Sith Apprentice miraculously returns from the dead and starts taking over the galaxy, you don't send a lackey to clean up the mess.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's not the case, Dooku has more power but did Sidious kill him by his own hands? No. Same for Vader, use others to do the works is always his style.

pronker and Order66Survivor like this.
  22. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I see what you're getting at, but Sidious's betrayals of Dooku and Vader were each the product of the Sith imperative: he was using them (his current minions) to gauge the abilities and commitment of others (his prospective minions).

I agree that they should have had Dooku take a swing at the Zabraks first and then, upon his failure, allow Sidious to take care of the mess himself. But for all his brilliance and behind-the-scenes plotting, I think it's good that the audience has a visceral reminder as to why Sidious is the reigning Master and why the others (Maul, Dooku, Vader) are afraid to take him on without help.

Manipulation is all well and good for conquering galaxies, but Sith need stronger incentive to submit beyond "my Master is really manipulative." He's gotta be smarter and stronger.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Also, having Dooku fall before Maul would pretty much guarantee his death. Sidious is bringing an apprentice to heel so that he can expand his power, not cleaning up a loose end.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He could use Anakin to fight Maul to further increase his hate and rage as well. If Anakin wins, then he would become more powerful and arrogant, if Maul wins, then he proves he's a better apprentice.

Also unlike Dooku or Anakin, Maul fears his master greatly, I know it right after his return, remember how did he describe his master? "The most powerful being in the galaxy." It's not like he got no other cards to play, go by himself would risk his identity being exposed, especially the Jedi could sense him in the Force if he shows his power.

Why people always assume Dooku, who hates Maul so much would lose? He could take on Anakin and Obi Wan in EP III and lost only because Sidious was helping Anakin to control his rage.

V-2 and Order66Survivor like this.
  25. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Ehh, I don't think so. Contrary to what has been suggested, Dooku isn't that expendable. Maul's newfound tactical acumen notwithstanding, the Count is a charismatic figurehead for the Separatist movement. "Heroes on Both Sides" shows that he plays a Palpatine-esque role to the Separatists that I don't think Maul could. For one, Maul lacks Dooku's public charisma and rules through puppets. For another, Maul also lacks the credibility and reputation Dooku would enjoy as an ex-Jedi Knight and guardian of peace.

Besides, if he lost to Maul and Opress, I don't think Sidious would judge him too harshly.

But this also allows Maul to exist as a wild card. This is why he ordered Dooku to get rid of Ventress; Maul, even more powerful than Ventress, would be another potential obstacle.

Dooku and Vader (not Anakin) both are absolutely terrified of Sidious. We saw Dooku's fear evident in "Nightsisters," which is why he conceded to Sidious's demands to terminate Ventress. Vader is similarly afraid of Sidious, which is why he (like Dooku) tries to recruit an apprentice to help take him on.

Vialco, V-2 and Order66Survivor like this.