main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion James Earl Jones and David Prowse

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Aytee-Aytee, Jan 31, 2013.

?

All Agreed?

1. YEA

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. NAY

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    They were honored with paychecks and with the adoration of fans around the world. Let's put things in perspective here. I don't think they care one way or another. This isn't an awards ceremony or the Nobel Prize. We don't need to roll out a red carpet or allow them to do a victory lap.

Joe Antonetti and DarthRelaxus like this.
  2. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    I feel the opposite way. Prowse thought that he was Vader, voice and all, the whole time through the filming of A New Hope and didn't realize it until, I belief, the first time he saw the film. From what I've heard this was always hard on him and I would have no problem giving him a cameo as a way of letting him actually being seen and getting some credit. If he is healthy enough to do so that is.

3. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I realize that, but having them cameo also isn't harming anyone. They contributed to the franchise, and having them appear briefly in the film would acknowledge their contributions. I'm not saying they should be given a speaking role - I'm just saying I'd rather have the background roles filled by people important to the franchise, rather than random people.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    My point is--who cares. You're right--it doesn't harm anyone. It also doesn't help the movie or serve the story (besides give satisfaction to a small percentage of the 1% of fans that care about seeing them in the background somewhere.) Serve the story. Make a good movie.

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Didn't prowse burn his bridges with Lucasfilm and as a result was ( Or still is) banned from any and all star wars related events for life?

6. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    If JJ Abrams wants to go Lost style, he could have JEJ provide some flashback audio as Vader. He's the only voice of Vader I ever want to hear (in the suit). Other than that, no cameos needed.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, he was at Celebration Europe when I went in 2007 and that was pretty Star Wars specific :p

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    i'm sure since then..

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He had issues with Lucasfilm back when the OT was finishing, if he wasn't banned 30 years after ANH he won't be banned 30 years after ROTJ. In fact I expect to see him at CE2 which is in July

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012