main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012

for one theyre just harder to conceal than a handgun

2. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    yes because a rifle and a 100 million dollar nuclear weapon is something that's even in the same realm...

like I said above, I post facts, and people post garbage such as what you posted.. its because the facts supersede your silly quips.

3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    GET ZE SCALPEL SHAHP!
    [​IMG]
    VE MUST 'AV ZE BRAIN ON ZE TABLE! CHOP CHOP!

4. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    like I said, I post facts and you people post gems like this...

way to avoid the link at all costs.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Going back to this hypothetical with the assault rifles, do you think the number of accidental shootings would rise if everyone had assault rifles? You're not talking if everyone is competent or trained enough to use one.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    We must avoid the link.

At all costs.

7. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

no I don't think they would rise. All I'm saying is if you replaced all hand guns with assault rifles youd see the murder rate drop. considering handguns result from 75% of all murders and assault rifles only 4%. Plus theyre hard to conceal, so if your gang banging on a corner, selling rock at night hand guns are much easier to hide on a person and behind a tire of a car or in a drain somewhere.

id bed the farm that inner city fatalities would drop

8. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

so instead of reading it and commenting on the link you posted 3-4 posts of nonsense. thanks for adding to the convo. youre a real gem

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks dude.

10. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    would it be so hard to actually form a comment off the article. why cant you participate that way. I don't get it at all

11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    You don't think accidental discharges would rise, or that kids would get into their parents' stash and accidentally kill themselves or anyone else? There's a problem with that already, I don't see how this hypothetical would reduce it if more guns, especially big guns that could easily be mishandled or dropped, are available.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I like The Cape's catchphrase: "a real gem". I can't get enough of it.

V-2 and Stackpole_The_Hobbit like this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think it's because the claim that because something is "only" responsible for 4 percent of murders it must be a great thing that everyone should own is clearly insane. i mean what about poison? you could count the number of people murdered by poison each year on two hands. so obviously everyone should just have a pantry full of poison and then no one would ever get murdered at all!

14. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Naturally, just like the number of accidental drownings would rise if everyone had a swimming pool.

15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    He completely glossed over that, though.

16. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    You seem to have mistaken me for The Left. While I am liberal I do recognize that freedoms (as in anything) can have consequences that weren't entirely intended and if those consequences harm other people then some restrictions may be necessary. And freedom of speech is a great thing, but gun owners really show their nasty personality traits when discussing gun violence. They're only anti-violence insofar as whatever regulations are placed don't affect them.

17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    It reminds me of the worst of Reddit.

RC-1991 likes this.
  18. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

but what does that matter to me or the gun companies. So a person makes a crappy parent nd leaves loaded weapons in reach of children. How is that the gun companies fault??? its the fault of crap parents.

maybe I should clarify, id venture to say murders in urban areas would be lower, based solely on the fact that rifles are easier to spot when police are simply driving by a street corner.

19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Not sure what your meaning is, or how making guns easier to spot means less people get murdered. It's not like people are getting mowed down in broad daylight all the time.

20. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

really bleach is poison and in everyones home. what are you getting at??

and I was using a hypothetical, I don't think everyone should have assault rifles, but what I said was if you took all handguns out of America and replaced them with rifles, just by size alone murders wpuld go down, based solely on how much harder it is to conceal an assault rifle vs a small pistol.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    How many murders are based on concealed weapons being suddenly produced though? It seemingly wouldn't affect drive-by shootings or similar events.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    and if you took away all the guns altogether, what would happen to the murder rates then?

_Catherine_ and V-2 like this.
  23. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    PLESASE READ WHAT IM SAYING..

I never said make them easier to get, what I stated for the 100th time is if you replaced all hand guns with assault rifles youd prob see less deaths based solely on the size of the weapon and how one is much easier to conceal than the other... have you got it yet

24. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    id venture to say murder rates wouldnt change much. the thugs of the world would never give up their weapons.

So that's your suggestion punish the responsible people because of the irresponsible, isn't that we do with everything else and look how well that works.

25. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    LandoThe CapeCalrissian - I agree with you that handguns are a bigger threat overall to public safety than assault rifles and that assault rifles are much harder to conceal than a handgun. Happy now?

Jedi Merkurian and V-2 like this.