main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes but judging from that reaction Maul know his ass is grass. =b

Even Savage is like, "Hey, wait?" His reaction reminds me of The Lion King when Scar blames everything on the Hyenas.

Maul: But I am... your apprentices... haha. It was Savages fault and his idea.
    Savage: -growls-
    Palp: Run... try and run. I'll give you a 60 second head start half man.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I like the homages from the other previews as well. It's just that that they used a little bit of subtlety while the most recent one was incredibly blatant. When I watched the first two I could identify the part of ANH they reminded me of while still focusing on the clip itself. In the instance of quoting a well-known line, however, I'm too distracted by the obvious ripoff to pay attention to the scene at hand. Plus, it sounds really uncreative, especially in a series that has been known to struggle with dialogue.

3. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I wonder if they'll explain what exactly Maul's motivations were.
    If he did want to replace Dooku then why did he 'care' about Savage so much at times, Sidious wouldn't allow Savage to join them and it's very un Sith like, it isn't like he's a tainted previous Jedi.
    He is merely doing a pale imitation of the Naboo invasion arguably, hardly impressive to someone like Sidious.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I think it's very much what KED and Seerow are saying above. I think he hadn't factored in Sidious at all, it wasn't until the guy walked in on him and he's suddenly like "OH ****" and full-on panics. Then he starts trying to ass-kiss because he knows if Sidious is here, he's either going to become his apprentice again, or he's in big ****ing trouble. Then he starts saying stuff like "oh this? This was in an attempt to win your favour Master, please take me back, and please don't kill me."

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I thought his motivations were quite clear. Revenge on Kenobi, then make a statement for himself in the galaxy as he should have if he hadn't been robbed of his destiny. A third party faction. He doesn't know he wasn't even a true Sith to the eyes of Sidious and Plagueis. Maul never died, ergo he never lost the title of Sith to his eyes. Dooku is indeed a pretender if you look at it from his perspective. Sidious though, clearly, disagrees.

6. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    So does this confirm that sidous knows how save others and even himself from dying?

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It confirms that Sidious taught his apprentice to fuel himself with so much hate that he refused to let go of it and sustain himself through it even at death's door.

KED12345 likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh they are just not trying to hide the fact that Sidious is Palpatine. I mean, they've strongly hinted before, BUT YOU CAN SEE HIS ENTIRE FACE!! THE SHADOWS DO NOTHING!!!! RRAALRLRFGFGHG!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the spoilers Moonman. I know you're watching. ;)

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Well, even before ROTS came out, you did kinda have to be an idiot to not figure that two of them were one. They're both even credited as the same actor. :cool:

Also a hats off to Ian Abercrombie's last performance here, truly well done. He will be missed.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh **** no. Stealing Vader's line like that? [face_plain]

I don't mind some insertion of movie lines but this just seems like the writers are trying to make Maul the "main villain icon".

fistofan1 and Valairy Scot like this.
  11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    They want an "iconic villain" like Vader, but it's too early timeline for Vader.

12. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    Well Darth Maul is just an apprentice......

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    The concept work from the official site leaves no room for error. It is quite clear that they are the same being. IIRC, Palpatine says to Mas Amedda, "Warm up my shuttle." Then who walks off the shuttle? Sidious. But I haven't read the book. Can someone confirm or correct me?

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, but I assume most kids don't read the episode guides. That way they can be all OMGZ when they watch ROTS. If that thing with the shuttle is true, then I guess its okay.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    is Mas Amedda the only one who knows that Palps is Sidious? apart from Dooku

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maul.

17. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Another reason why Maul is a loose end.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And yet I imagine Sids will shuffle this all into his plans. The fall out is going to interesting.

19. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Doesn't Sly Moore and Sate Pestage know as well?

Still don't understand why Sly Moore hasn't appeared in the show yet.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    nice answer :p

21. NumberWan

NumberWan Jedi Knight

Feb 1, 2013
    Even though the 5th season shows many things from other SW sources - a tradition, that perhaps started with the introduction of Yularen years ago (but probably developed with the arrival of Tarkin and Mon Mothma to the series, as well as Bossk and Boba Fett) - it still misses a lot, and that's most unfortunate.

I wonder, whether Season 5 has some kind of a role of binding different sources together. What I mean, is that in the CW trailer we clearly see the cityscape of Underworld, very much like what is shown in latest SW 1313. It's just a speculation of course, but I hear some people believe this might be the case when we see a place from CW to be seen again later in a video game or book (and now, a movie).

Season 5 was dissappointing to me in a sense, that Filoni wouldn't add Sly Moore to the episodes, especially after the arc with Umbara in previous season. I can only guess that's because Assaj Ventress still plays a prominent role in CW, and the two characters similar in appearance could be mistaken for one another.

The latest seasons also make me feel, that the authors often take the old ideas from seasons 1 and 2, which were "immature", undeveloped at the time and make them go to a different level. I guess this might be the case with Clovis, if, of course, he still makes an appearance in Season 5.

22. Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken

Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Maul should have been the Vader of the prequels, but Lucas ****ed it up.

23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think you completely misunderstood me. I know very well what the two themes sound like and at first they played a snippet of the Imperial March and then the Emperor's theme; there was nothing wrong with my post.

24. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    And Sate Pestage, not sure about Kinman Doriana and Janus Greejatus.

25. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I thought you were SSS for a moment :p