main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter" (re-loaded), an old fanfic in a new coat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2012.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    “It may not be appropriate, but have yet to finish our wedding rituals. This is a ship and Khion is the captain.”

Ah, life :)

I like how you edited the RL vows

“Must I?” I said hesitantly.

The back of his hand moved over my mouth gently. “For this to be valid, yes.”

Ew. Just ew.

“Yes, it is, but you are not physically ready for it yet.

She's so horny that it sometimes irritates me :p

It was a breathtaking sight to witness the sun rise from the middle of the ocean. Luçien must have had the same thought. When I came on deck, he already stood at star board, his hands clasped behind his back. He was only dressed in his breeches and his high, elegant leather boots. Light danced around his slender silhouette. It seemed as he gave birth to a new day.

Makes me smile :)

I'm glad remembering the past doesn't make them all GRRRRRRRR-angry LOL

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    They are not off planet yet, dear bird. But thanks for liking the wedding ceremony. You had so many in your fanfics, so I let myself be inspired by those. Pants did the rest with her wonderful beta-editing.

I know, sweet Misty, for I am German. As for the Japanese word, I cannot wait to have Chilla back from her study year in Japan. I wonder how many new words she learned.

As for the language of the Sea Elves, the Scatel, it is Bretonic (= the old Celtic language still spoken in parts of France).

3. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Sweet. Guess Gri feeling that way helps her get over dark side and bad memories. The power of love :p

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The same power of love makes it able that you can enjoy another on-line session with "Dungeons and dragons" tonight, husband. Greetings to your twin and Ty!

Now that I have succeeded to find a new beta, due to pants school duties and other important RL matters (such as wedding planning... [face_love]... very important!!!), I am in much brighter spirits today.

(Even though the snow might stop the bird from coming to our common birthday party during the 1st weekend in February.)

Well, MSLanna/ Etain will be with us for an entire week then... [face_dancing]and the best thing is that sinre shows interest to be the new beta of "Human heritage", the story of Lucien.

So, @sinrebirth: Thanks for considering and reading the first bits.

@DarthUncle & @Tyranus230: Have fun, boys, but my husband needs to be home in the real world around midnight!!!

@earlybird-Obi-Wan: I hope the snow melts for that particular birthday weekend.

@Lady_Misty: Thanks for your tips and advice!

@MsLanna aka @Etain: Melde dich mal, ich verpasse dich immer auf skype!

@Hazel: Thanks for a nice PM evening!

But most of all @SWpants666, you are the best and thanks for all your hard work on "Wolf whelp", "Cat litter" and "Human heritage". I hope to keep you on as a reader! @};-

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It is my birthday today, so I am in a rather festive mood and give you this update now:

The flight was considerably harmonious. The two unlike half-brothers were held in a debate with hushed voices. At a certain point, I got up from my seat and stood closer to the large panorama window. Light sprang from the shadows, reflecting in my eyes: distant sun systems in the depths of space.

Having shared many of Isabeau´s visions of a future far, far away I asked myself when exactly mankind would explore those yet unknown planets.

But I knew for certain that rancors and banthas would spread.

Force knights, very much like the paladins that Éleos had gathered around him, would be peacekeepers of the entire galaxy.

There would be desert nomads keeping to themselves, holding up ancient traditions.

Humans would mix with more alien races, creating new life forms.

Everything would evolve.

“The only thing constant is change,” I whispered to myself.

Parhelion was suddenly close to me, putting his arm around me in a brotherly gesture. “My father shares that sentiment.”

“How is Dealg doing?” I asked.

“Slowly improving. He still feels guilty about you, but sooner or later he will have balanced himself again. He is better at it than we are.”

“Finding his inner balance or restoring himself?”

“Both. He is the most powerful Force bender of old who is left.”

Luçien joined us, putting his arms generously around us both. “Flirting with my wife, I see?”

“Sharing was always an obstacle for you, was it not?” Parhelion commented quizzically.

“I have this soft spot for Grianán,” Luçien said mildly.

“That is a relief to hear, little brother. I trust you to share the rest of your life with her and to honour her. She is not a play thing to mess around with. Perhaps she will even manage to turn you into a responsible adult.”

Parhelion dropped us at the hunting lodge in the midst of Ceilonwyn. The promise of spring was in the air. Birds were singing in the deciduous trees that held the first promise of greenery between the snow.

It occurred to me that I had missed my own nineteenth birthday, but it could not be helped. I just had to make amends to my twin siblings.

The half-brothers shook hands.

“Give my regards to Prince Éleos and tell him that his beloved sister is alive and well,” Luçien said, “We will join you all soon at Dún Barr.”

“Try to leave Grianán in one piece!” Parhelion said. “This is more than a simple love marriage. You both have political influence. I would not like to be engaged into one of the Star Wars of old that the Ophidea are so eager to lead against their enemies.”

“I can be good,” I tutted, while clinging to Bertha.

Parhelion gave me a brief hug. “At least one of you is dedicated.”

When the silvery star cruiser was no more than a little dot at the horizon, I stopped waving my right arm. My husband focused his full attention on me again. “Can I carry Bertha and you inside? Or is that a problem for you?”

I looked at the friendly wooden façade of the lodge. “Despite all you did, I have some fond memories of this place left.”

“I want you to be absolutely sure of this, Grianán. One word from you and we will go directly to Dún Barr. On foot if we must. If you cannot walk any longer I will carry you. And Bertha.”

I stepped on the porch. My knees turned wobbly. I held on to the banister.

Luçien wrapped his arms around me. “Do not worry, my love!” he said, forcing a smile on his lips. “We will not be alone today. Actually we have guests. A lot of them, all willing to take care of your well-being. And keep mistrusting eyes on me.”

“Can I also keep my eyes on you? Just in case one of your ex-mistresses tries to steal you from me?”

“I don´t think so.” He looked slightly flustered. “You are the center-point of my life.”

I smirked. “Because I need much love and attention, and you happen to have those in abundance?”

Laughing mildly, he opened the entrance door with the Force.

It was like a veil lifting from my eyes. Many familiar auras were gathered inside the hunting lodge. I blinked in surprise.

Sionnach, standing at the banister of the second level, looked at us with her azure coloured almond eyes. “Grianán!” she called out.

I dropped Bertha, my mouth gaping.

(To be continued!)

@DarthUnlce: Thanks for a wonderful birthday morning!

@Tyranus230: The Legolas link was funny and really made me laugh! I want those sexy stockings, too.

Anyway, please enjoy yourself with this update:

@earlybird-obi-wan, Lady_Misty, SWpants666, Sinrebirth, Gkilkenny, Chilla

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Happy birthday and what a nice update. Spring is in the air.
    Here too with the snow now going away and making place for the sun.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Happy Bithday! [face_party]

Change is everywhere. And She is right that change is the only constant in the world.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Happy birthday again!

“The only thing constant is change,” I whispered to myself.

Too true.

“I have this soft spot for Grianán,” Luçien said mildly.

Uh, yeah, that he does.

“Can I carry Bertha and you inside? Or is that a problem for you?”

IDK it bothers me that she's holding on to Bertha right now. Keeping Bertha makes sense, but geez, talk about clingy. Let go of the animal and enjoy your hubby.

It was like a veil lifting from my eyes. Many familiar auras were gathered inside the hunting lodge. I blinked in surprise.

:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Good that lucien has such a responsible, begnign, older brother -_- he probably never uttered a harsh word about Grianan or her family, I am sure :confused: Anyway, hello narrative from wolf whelp, here we are reconnected :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Actually, dear bird, I still want snow around the 9th February because I want to ski in the Harz Mountains in Germany. I deserve a decent holiday once in a while. Since there was no snow around Christmas & New Year and my Ireland holiday with my mother does not go through, I want at least a decent ski holiday. I love winter more than autumn.

This line is from the musical "Jekyll & Hyde", dear Misty. I could not forget about it.

Thanks, husband mine, who stands heroically in the kitchen since hours, stirring the Surinam roti dish. What a nice birthday dinner you prepare there! Can´t wait to eat it.

As you also may know, Parhelion is NOT that nice as the readers may think, but we leave that to Lucien to tell in "Human heritage".

I wonder, by the way, what sinre makes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. And I hope that he is still willing to be my new beta after reading it.

@Sinrebirth

11. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Indeed, change is constant. It is hard to tell what happens in the future.

Hope you had a good birthday!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It was a rather quiet affair yesterday because the big party is next weekend. Hopefully with the bird, because she does not like ice and snow on the road. Dutch folk get nervous about it.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, here another update before MsLanna/ Etain arrives in front of our house, ready to stay for a week.

Sionnach ran up to us, engulfing Luçien and me in a frantic hug. We were soaked with her tears. She was shouting at us and laughing at the same time. Her voice was so shaky that I could not understand most of her words.

Skje Jörd freed us from her tightening embrace. “They just came in from their honeymoon,” he snickered. “Give them some space to breathe!”

I stood on my own and scanned the large room. It was decorated for a typical Udaler wedding. The patchwork family that Sionnach had gathered over the past sun years beamed at us with satisfaction.

Draíocht Mössa, the former bean feasa, and her four mixed blooded children

The dubh sith, Ciall O´Maoilrian, and his soul brother Ruadhan Ahearne.

Éibhear, Garou and Skylt.

The royal blacksmith, Malm Mössa.

“When did you have time to arrange all of this, Luçien?”

“Aconite engaged you for hours in his office. I had to do something with the time that was given to me.”

Garou strode towards his father, waving his arms cheerfully. “I knew you would leave Grianán alive and in one piece, papa!”

My husband went to his knees, placing his hands on the shoulders of his son, “You were right. You were right about me.”

Happily, I watched father and son embrace. It was a great moment for them. I did not wish to disturb them.

While I let my eyes wander through the Hall of Fire, I noticed that Bertha had fallen on the floor. I reached out for my loyal childhood companion. As soon as my finger tips made contact with the wooden planks, I was flooded with memories.

Some of my siblings had been here recently. Èleos was worried but hopeful. Daná was annoyed and mischievous; Caelestris had been reflective and forgiving.

But the strongest memories imprinted in the wood were those of my own ordeal inside the lodge. My mind froze and my past took control of my present. That had never happened before to me. Ever!

At the entrance, Luçien threw me down on my belly. He loomed over me, but I could not raise my head towards him. The restraints forbade that. So I just stared at his travel boots. “I forgot something essential upstairs,” he informed me crisply.

When the echo of his boots faded, I moved by sheer instinct.

My progress over the wooden floor was painfully slow and uncoordinated. I had to fight the cramps in every muscle that I attempted to use. Inch by inch I claimed my ground, and had to fight against throwing up inside the mask.

“And where do you think you are going, Grianán?” Luçien suddenly stood over me. He sounded astonished.

I moved on.

With no particular haste, he stepped into my path and went to his knees. “This is pointless. You can neither use the Force nor your hands to open the door at the moment.”

I stared at his boots, devastated. He was right.

“Let us get you into the ship now. I will come back later to clean the mess that you made upstairs, Grianán.” Luçien picked me up with great ease, but I had some strength left for opposing him. “Stop wiggling in my arms. You are not an eel. Your fruitless attempts at escape just anger me. Is this how you reward me for saving your soul?”

I flinched.

His voice kept on talking to me in the present,a calm stream of words rushing by my ears. “Easy now, easy, my love. Please! I am here right now and we are fine. It is just the past that you see. The danger is over. You are safe. You freed me from the dark side. We married. Remember?”

@earlybird-Obi-Wan, SWpants666, @Lady-Misty, DarthUncle, Tyranus230, Gkilkenny, Chilla, Sinrebirth

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love how you tie all your stories together. Lucien has turned back to the light.
    Your characters have depth and the journey they take has a great impact.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I know that it may sound weird, but I really love the short updates. they help me a lot.

Skje Jörd freed us from her tightening embrace. “They just came in from their honeymoon,” he snickered. “Give them some space to breathe!”

[face_laugh]

My husband went to his knees, placing his hands on the shoulders of his son, “You were right. You were right about me.”

I'm sorry, but...I rolled my eyes at that. I did when I was editing too!

His voice kept on talking to me in the present,a calm stream of words rushing by my ears. “Easy now, easy, my love. Please! I am here right now and we are fine. It is just the past that you see. The danger is over. You are safe. You freed me from the dark side. We married. Remember?”

You gotta focus on the good :)

@earlybird-obi-wan, there will be one more too, linking everything together!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Better late than never. "Happy birthday"

"You were right, you were right about me." Ah yes I've heard that before I hope Lucien stays in the light.[face_tee_hee]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Sorry I'm late in reviewing. :(

A very happy reunion. :)

I hope that all continues to go well.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Good update. A nice reunion and focusing on the positive. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi there! Before I see off MsLanna/ Etain tomorrow morning, after a fun week with her as our guest here in the Netherlands, I will travel on to the Harz Mountains/ Germany. For one entire week I will have no internet connection, just snow and the dense forest grounds.

But I will leave you with an update to enjoy.

@earlybird-obi-wan
    @SWpants666
    @Lady_Misty
    @Gkilkenny
    @Tyranus230
    @DarthUncle

Thanks sticking to this story. We we still have 9 Chapters to go with "Cat litter" and due to pants´ brilliant skills as a beta, we still already have 14 Chapters of "Human heritage" to wait for us, the life story of Lucien.

Thanks for saying so, dear bird. I wonder what you will make of the changes that pants and I made to "Human heritage". O:)

Chapter 41: Love is in the air

When I was fully myself again, bunkered in the correct time stream, I tasted flesh.
    My eyes widened. For some reason, I had Luçien´s hand in my mouth. I had bitten deep into it, yet his eyes danced with humour, echoed in a slight smile.

“Please take it easy, love,” he begged me as I spat his hand out. “Allow me to help you to get better, too. Please! Come back into the light for me.”

Light. There had been plenty of light recently. It had shimmered on the surface of the world ocean. “Can Khion get me some tea?” I asked.

“No; Khion is not here, my love. We are not on his boat any longer, but inside the lodge. That is your favourite rocket chair you are sitting in. And Sionnach has already been by to see you.”

“Oh!” Shame flooded me. “I am so sorry.”

“Don´t be! Never be sorry when your gift takes over. I am the one who has to apologize here,” he assured me.

I needed to feel him. With great tenderness, he returned my embrace. I relished in his arms. They meant safety and happiness.

“I am such a fool,” Luçien confided in me. “I forgot that I placed you on the floor for a short while before we left. That was actually when I went to get Bertha for you. To be honest, she had been in the drawer of my bedside cabinet since, well, since I lost you to Mórag.”

That was a rather touching confession and it meant the universe to me. “I will never tell the Brotherhood,” I assured him.

“Please forgive me for having been so thoughtless. I never meant for you to be confronted with your own despair.”

I was weak but happy, and allowed my husband to fuss over me, enjoying every moment. He made sure that I rested comfortably in the rocking chair away from the second floor. There was also plenty of herbal tea.

Sleep claimed me naturally. The voices around me sounded like lullabies in my ears. All was well. I was with family and friends. No harm could come to me.

In the middle of the night, I woke up from a nightmare, some spectres of past, only to hear Luçien singing next to me. He held one of my hands in his very lightly.

I closed my eyes again, feeling safe once more.

My husband continued to sing familiar lullabies from my childhood to me, as he had done after the drama that had struck Polysýndeton and my life.

[​IMG]

The sweet smell of chocolate tickled me awake. I opened my eyes to see my husband holding the mug. He was still unveiled; there was no hiding any more. I grinned at him, overwhelmed with joy.

Buon mattino il sole.Spero tu abbia dormito bene.” His laughter rippled through my body.Good morning,sunshine.I hope you slept well.

Memories came back; pleasant ones. There was some man singing to me all night long,” I said teasingly.

There was a twinkle in his eyes. I had not seen it in ages. Scandalous,” he said. “I will hunt him down when I see him.Keeping you awake with ridiculous lullabies.

I actually liked them.” My words kindled that spark of brightness in him even more. That was very sweet of you,thank you.”

Luçien gently touched my blanket.“Take your time to enjoy the chocolate. The weddingguests will not arrive before the early afternoon.

Thank you.” I started drinking, giving myself to the hot chocolate that he prepared with so much care and love. Every word he had with Draíocht that morning rushed into me with his touch.

”Will the fear ever stop?” I ask and look at her.

“Grianán´s fear or your own, Luçien?”

I break more of the chocolate in tiny pieces. “My feelings are only second to hers.”

“You need to learn to love yourself before you can love her properly,” the former bean feasa states.

“I am but a selfish bastard, full of myself,” I rant.

“That knowledge will not help her heal. Give it up. Give it all up. Start living, and free of fear. There has been too much fear in your life.” Her calm voice holds no hate. There is only compassion in her. “Move on with your life. We all have our dark secrets.”

“And I am hers,” I joke.

“Her soul called out for yours, keen on making you whole. Now it is your turn. Nobody else can do it.”

I opened my eyes to the present again, to see my beloved cousin standing behind my husband. She needed to be free of his shadow once and for all. You wanted to talk to Sionnach about something important, did you not?

He nodded at me.

I got up to stay with Draíocht in the kitchen area.

“I never meet somebody as devoted as you are, Grianán,” the lean Daoine Sidhe said from behind her cookery pots. “It is deeper than even Sionnach could imagine. I wonder what Mórag created within you.”

“She made me her successor,” I said carefully.

“That is why a letter of pardon arrived for me at the long-house before it burned down. Your Holiness.”

I blushed. “Call me Grianán. Within the order, we should be sisters in faith. Not master and servant.”

Draíocht came closer, brushing her hands over her apron. “Religious changes are never easy. I hope you are aware of what you fight against.”

I smiled, noticing that whipped cream was stuck on my nose. “I survived Luçien courting me.”

“True,” she snickered. “I also believe you to be capable of intrigues and an inventive mind.”

We talked for a while, mostly about the cruelty of the Holy Inquisition. We had operated in the heart of darkness, each within her own special field of expertise. Skje interrupted our conversation, as we brought up plans for the Elfin nation.

“How long have they been outside?” he wanted to know.

“Long enough that they will need a pot of spiced chai tea,” replied Draíocht, acting with surprising speed. She turned into a whirlwind of activity. “Here take this tray and these mugs.”

Happily, he vanished outside.

We heard no shouting, no noises of mortal combat. Instead there were sounds from above. Garou beamed down on us and Éibhear, too. They ran down the stairs, the latter carried a bowl with water, soap and a towel.

”Please let us help you with your morning toilet,” they called.

There was no way to deny that request to my step-sons without being unkind. I was trapped.

The boys built a curtain with bedsheets to protect my privacy. I was allowed to wash myself behind it alone, but that was it. As the rest of the family decided to come down stairs, I received a full pampering. They picked out my clothing for me, brushed my hair, adorned me with skin lotion and polished all twelve of my nails.

“No make-up,” called Draíocht. “Grianán has to be in the sauna with your mother and me later.”

Garou winked at me. “But afterwards we can do your mascara and lipstick.”

Éibhear was excited about that. “You will look as seductive as the belles de nuit.

I really liked the two boys, but I was looking forward to taking care of myself each morning.

**********************************************************************************************

(To be continued!)

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    :)

I think that things are going to work out for the better now.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Really nice and sweet to see her and Lucien happy

And of course the beautiful artwork I have seen in reality at your place^:)^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I relished in his arms. They meant safety and happiness.

Yeah. NOW they do.

My husband continued to sing familiar lullabies from my childhood to me, as he had done after the drama that had struck Polysýndeton and my life.

Awww. :)

There was some man singing to me all night long,” I said teasingly.

There was a twinkle in his eyes. I had not seen it in ages. Scandalous,” he said. “I will hunt him down when I see him.Keeping you awake with ridiculous lullabies.

[face_laugh] Ah, very humourous.

“I survived Luçien courting me.”

FREAKING TRUE

”Please let us help you with your morning toilet,” they called.

There was no way to deny that request to my step-sons without being unkind. I was trapped.

IDK that's pretty creepy, I think. I know they left her alone, but yeesh. It's just very uncomfortable to hear STEPSONS say.

I really liked the two boys, but I was looking forward to taking care of myself each morning.

I don't blame her!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi there, loyal readers and thanks for commenting. That makes me proud all the time.

I am just back from the Mountains, 5 days of skiing and painting with no internet.

Soon, a dear friend will pick me up and we have a girl´s night somewhere in town.

But first my update, girls!

At breakfast, everyone was in joyful spirits, though they were guarded about asking questions. I just received compliments on how pretty I looked, and they tried to fill me with as much food as possible. Bravely, I smiled.

Suddenly, my husband came back in with a grin and pointed behind him. “A wedding proposal,” he whispered loud enough that we all could hear him. “Perhaps there will be a third wedding taking place today.”

Garou and Éibhear ran towards the door, pressing their pointed ears against it. Then they started cheering and dancing around. Draíocht even joined them in their wild celebration.

Luçien smiled at me, and I smiled back.

The Force ghosts, gathering on the landing, had come for Sionnach and Skje Jörd, not for me. It was her wedding day. They wanted to bless the ceremony. All I had to do was keep my husband balanced.

After the Force ghosts had vanished again and Luçien was calm again, I joined the other two brides in the sauna. We relaxed and conversed for about one hour before leaving.

When we returned there was a large group of men sitting on the porch for the exchange of dowry before witnesses.

Éleos sprinted towards me and gathered me into his arms. He smelled of hay, sweat and horse.

“Grianán!” he busted out in confusion and fear. “Why does Luçien feel the need to serve me as a Force knight from now on?”

That was a self punishment for messing around in Caelestris head six times. It was not my secret to tell though. I cocked my head. “He has his own will. I have nothing to do with his choices.”

Reproach was written on the features of my older brother. “You always were a bad liar. You changed his heart and soul. His life has new goals. The most ruthless and respected member of the Brotherhood of Shadows gets a marriage leave. He can do as he pleases for the rest of his life. They even wrote to bless me for having a sister like you. You are legend on Sapuhru: The Force witch who lived, redeemed and restored by Dealg himself. They consider you more than worthy to be married to Luçien and to be the mother of his children.”

I sighed.

“What, in the Name of the Force did Luçien do to you? Tell me now! I have every right to know what was done to my most beloved sister.”

I rose on my toes and managed to kiss his chin lightly. “The past is the past, Éleos.”

His jaw tightened. “I am not going to marry you off to a mad man who is worse than Draň.”

A surge of sublime guilt washed over me. Blushing, I ducked my head.

Éleos looked down on me with friendly eyes. “What did you believe we would do to Luçien and Draň? Kill them at the spot?”

I took his right hand, kissed his palm gently and then pressed it against my heart.

“It was foolish of you to cover things up the way you did. Trust should be at the basis of every family.” His eyes drilled into mine. “At least it seems that all your suffering, present and past, had the sobering effect on Luçien that you hoped for. Perhaps you are his guardian angel.”

Daná walked up to us, less happy than our brother. I looked at her with wet eyes. Her hair was an absolute mess from the hard horse ride she had. It looked like a nest of angry snakes.

“We all agreed that the best manner of contact with Aconite is... no... contact... at all. Yet I found plenty of secret service files on him in your underwear drawer at Dún Barr. And today he called me via holonet to wish you a happy marriage. He said that you better enjoy it as long as you can, that two of you still have unfinished business.”

I smirked. Aconite was so unforgiving.

“Gri, Mother had her reasons to cast him out of our midst. He is a crazy bastard, very much like Luçien. It doesn’t help that he has a political dimension none of us should underestimate.”

Ruadhan Ahearne came to my rescue unexpectedly. His wolfish grin made my heart sing, even though I was sure that he had witnessed every word my siblings had exchanged with me. “The ceremony is about to begin, my dear princess! Sionnach and Draíocht are waiting for you.”

I rested a hand on his arm. With the other, I wiped my face of smeared tears. “Duty calls!”

“Make no mistake!” Daná threatened me. “I will find you. No matter which rat whole decide you crawl in! As soon this is over, we will meet in the training salle... like in the old days. And I will beat the…”

“Go raibh míle maith agat,” I whispered to Ruadhan Ahearne as he turned and led us away. Thanks a million.

“Princess, we all owe you a thousand times over!” He patted my hand. “Not only have you freed us from the shadow of Luçien, but you forced authorities to pardon Ciall, Draíocht and me.”

Ruadhan made it sound as if I would have threatened Aranea to gain such a deal. It had only been a deal about the last marshmallow roasting in the fire place.

(To be continued!)

earlybird-obi-wan, Lady_Misty, SWpants666, Tyranus230, DarthUncle, Gkilkenny, Sinrebirth

24. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “A wedding proposal,” he whispered loud enough that we all could hear him. “Perhaps there will be a third wedding taking place today.”

It happens that quick?

“It was foolish of you to cover things up the way you did. Trust should be at the basis of every family.” His eyes drilled into mine. “At least it seems that all your suffering, present and past, had the sobering effect on Luçien that you hoped for. Perhaps you are his guardian angel.”

The first part is totally true.
    The second part...yeah, maybe

“We all agreed that the best manner of contact with Aconite is... no... contact... at all.

[face_laugh] I like their way of thinking.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Roasting marshmallows is so much fun! :)

Looks like some victories for our heroine. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.