main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm either gonna see Zero Dark Thirty or Django on Sunday, I guess they both look alright, but I'm leaning towards seeing Zero Dark Thirty a bit more.

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I would say Django just for Christopher Waltz's performance.

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Waltz is one of those guys who steals any movie he's in. Hell, he made the otherwise terrible Green Hornet movie watcheable whenever he was on screen.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I enjoyed both Zero Dark Thirty and Django, but I'd probably recommend Django. Waltz was indeed great and if it weren't for what is apparently an amazing performance from Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln (haven't seen it) he'd easily nab every best supporting actor award this award season. (though he has gotten some) This was probably Jamie Foxx's best performance since Ray, and Leo was great as he pretty much always is.

I was annoyed by Zero Dark Thirty's ad campaign that highlighted Joel Edgarton's role* in the film... when he doesn't appear until about 2 hours into the damn thing. [face_frustrated] Otherwise it was a great movie and Jessica Chastain really sold it.

*Joel Edgarton was Owen in the prequels, but he's more recently been in Warrior, an absolutely fantastic film.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Uncle Owen Lars helped find the most dangerous person in the world? I guess he's equal with Luke now, lol.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Uncle Owen and Andy Dwyer are lethal enforcers.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Fellow LACWACers, I passed my practical driving test today! Oh yeah! [face_dancing]

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Very Merry Congratulations bro! Maybe I'll see you on the road in the summer!

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Congrats!

"Have you ever noticed anyone who drives slower than you is a idiot and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks! I'm afraid it's unlikely I'll make it out to your neck of the woods during the summer, though. I'll only be in California between March and April.

He he he!
    I noticed that I have to be careful not become either one of those either. Seems like it's a slippery slope when your mind is elsewhere while your steering a vehicle.

11. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    As in I'll be in Austria in June.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey, me too! (seriously)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yeah we'll be in Innsbruck, then Salzburg and Vienna. About a week or so before we drift off to Prague.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice! I'm also going to Prague, and Budapest, Krakow and Warsaw too!

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Btw guys, I really appreciate everyone who has gone the extra effort to use spoiler tags, even when you didn't have to. Thank you.

I've only got about 30 more hours to go.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Okay, this get-together is so happening! :cool:
    I'll be off to Georgia shooting for my documentary one week during the summer months, but if you guys can give me enough of a heads-up, I can make sure it's not around the time either of you are in town.

You two can always contact me if you need some Vienna-related info.

JackG and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Morning all.

Sinus **** is fun. I'm talking like General Grievous today. My kids are pleased.

Yes, Anakin, I am shorter than you expected.

eht13 likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Hope u feel better!

Either you joined here when you were like five, or its better late than never. :p

The Americans.

FX has a winner.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice. That show does look cool, and FX almost always delivers. I'll definitely check it out.

Though, I'm also intrigued by NBC's new show Do No Harm, even though it almost seems like a re-tooling of Awake, which I guess got low ratings.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm bored. Reddit's under heavy traffic, Virgin Media can't connect me to Xbox Live, and I'm getting tired of having nothing but Django and Eminence to rewatch over and over. So, to give me something to do, I'm dumping some choice EDM. First two are super heavy, third is solid dubstep, fourth is a lot lighter and bouncier, and number 5, well...quite possibly the best track ever made.

Jordan1Kenobi and rumblewagon like this.
  21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Found myself mumbling in Russian, shortly after settling in... so yeah, it rocked.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I love Knife Party! This track is really good, but 'Bonfire' and 'Internet Friends' are my favourites :D

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Both of those are good too, as is Fire Hive, but Centipede was one of those songs that just instantly put a massive smile on my face after drop. It still does, and I've listened the **** out of it. Same goes for all the others I posted.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Time to delve into Fanboy's EDM library, volume 2: Drum & Bass edition. These are all absolute bangers. The first three should get progressively heavier as we enter the dark depths of neurofunk and deathstep, then we'll come back up to the surface for some fresh air and some uber chill liquid funk.

25. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.