main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    ugh which sucks

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I really hope that "Revival" gets moved to to the front of the Maul/Mandalorian arc when the DVD and Blu-Ray comes out . I think either way I'll be watching that episode before the ones we've just seen no matter which disc it's on.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hoping to see all eps in place and the Clovis arc back in place although I doubt that will happen. The "Young Jedi" arc can get released some place else.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I will bet Young Jedi is superior to Clovis Arc.

Seriously keep it real y'all :)

I know... We all want what we can't have, I feel it also...

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    IMO Young Jedi is not that high of a bar for the Clovis Arc to beat. The Rako Hardeen arc is superior and I'm rooting for every new arc to meet or exceed it.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    To each his/her own, fair enough. For me, I will bet "the Gathering" will be superior to any of the Clovis shows...

Just made me think of Clovis hosting his own talk show, then he gets bumped off the air by NBC... Kinda what happened here?!

The Tonight Show with Clovis O'brien. Or I'm losing it :p

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's a defeatist attitude. =b

I personally would never want to bet a new episode of TCW won't be better than my favorite old ones. I was hoping "A Nessicary Bond" would be better than "Crisis on Naboo' even if it didn't pan out for me. I was hoping 'Missing in Action" would be better than "The Deserter" and that didn't pan out. I'm still hoping "Lawless" will be better than "Carnage of Krell". We'll certainly find out.

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    A Necessary Bond was better than Crisis on Naboo IMHO. Don't need to get into those specifics obviously.

I think it's easy to build expectations during these 4 part arcs, and when they don't deliver what you have thought or talked up on the forum, you can get really let down. That happened with me for Krell as I was hoping he wasn't the Scooby Doo villain he turned out to be. I have come to respect what it is though.

I think you're right that it's good to stay positive, you should know I'm always looking forward to new eps and the possibilities, I just think we are building Clovis up way too much. Maul and Ahsoka arcs were the spotlights for S5 I think. I definitely really need to see those Clovis eps though, and if the show gets cancelled I will be pissed. That would be an incredibly unwise move, so I have faith that there are more seasons to come.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That was one of the problems I had with "Young Jedi". It didn't deliver at the end. And no, its not because that arc was toned down and childish. That arc was plenty dark and violent. When I stacked it and watched it as a long arc by the time I got to "A Necessary Bond" I was bored with the arc and it felt anti-climatic. That's not to say it wasn't entertaining at all. I really liked the 2nd and 3rd part of that arc and liked the exploration done on the Jedi mythos.

"Crisis on Naboo" had better payoff for me when I watched the Rako Hardeen arc in one shot. It still does. It causes me to wonder what might have been with the Clovis arc. I know that's against the grain but to eaches own as Cut said. Clovis is not an arc I was looking forward to since I wasn't a big fan of "Senate Spy". However I've become a follower with this one and have been convinced to look forward to it. The Obi-wan and Anakin clip looked deep and Filoni has said this will take another dark turn.

I've got faith it'll be worth the wait since I don't see how we haven't seen the worst of season 5 already. The Maul arc got tons of hype and was worth it. For me Krell did his job, Umbara had lots of hype and was worth it. If its not, its just a TV show and I'll get over a bad episode.

10. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "The Gathering" definitely. IDK about the arc as a whole though...

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wouldn't say "The Deserter" is superior to episodes I haven't seen yet.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    What?! What?! The lightsaber duel between Ahsoka and Grievous and Hondo redeeming himself as still the Most Interesting Man in the Galaxy! What?!

Watto likes this.
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    And freakin Slave 1!

Also good moments between Hondo and Katooni.

rumblewagon likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I feel the same way as Seerow. It may be because "Bound for Rescue" was so awesome that anything that came after would seem anti-climactic, especially since much of "A Necessary Bond" was just one long chase continuing the chase we saw in "Bound for Rescue", it got old fast. I still think "A Necessary Bond" is a good episode, just a bit of a let down after two really good episodes followed by an awesome episode.

I was especially tired of Hondo's clowning at that point, I think they went way overboard with him this season.

Seerow and Garth Maul like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well think of it this way- if the Clovis arc is S6, then that increases the likely amount of Anakin episodes there will be that season. Might as well get the Ahsoka arcs out of the way this season so that we're begging for Anakin next season. And clones. In retrospect, it may turn out to have been a brilliant marketing ploy.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Where about's in the trailer was that?

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Just watch the trailer, it's only three minutes long.

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Crisis On Naboo could have been one of the best TCW episodes of all time if they didn't let the audience in on the Palpatine doppelganger joke.

Still don't get that decision.

fistofan1 and herp_derp like this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The Hondo/Katooni relationship was so good I actually want to see more of it somehow.

I disagree with those saying "A Necessary Bond" was anticlimactic. It remains my favourite episode of this season so far.

- Grievous actually carries out Dooku's revenge on Hondo. Nice callback for longtime viewers to season 1!
    - The chase sequence in the first act is intense. Possibly the best chase we've had on the show.
    - Huyang returns! David Tennant did a wonderful job as the ancient Jedi droid.
    - Hondo's allegiances changing so rapidly. It's intriguing to have a character so motivated by profit that he can be killing kids one episode, then saving and protecting them the next.
    - Slave I!
    - Ahsoka vs. Grievous was a nice contrast to their duel in "Duel of the Droids". This time Ahsoka can hold her own for a while, but she's still clearly losing to the General.
    - Maniacal laugh shows Grievous is crazy. He totally gets off on fighting Jedi.
    - That B1 droid talking about "miniature Jedi" was actually pretty funny. You win this one droids. [face_waiting]

Overall, it just proved that my initial skepticism of this arc was a complete misjudge. I'm glad they had this in the season. I wish they'd replaced three of the Gascon episodes with Clovis.

20. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Agreed, that would have made sense and been a somewhat shocking reveal. Also, still can't figure out if the holograms flickering are supposed to be in universe or just for the audience.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    For the audience. Otherwise whoever invented that holographic disguise added the most crucial flaw since the extra thermal exhaust port on the Death Star.

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  22. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Well not everyone used to bullseye womp rats on their T-16's back home now did they? :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I do like the implication that Maul's survival made Sidious more willing to give Vader a chance after he royally ****ed up on Mustafar.

It's pretty obvious now, if it wasn't already, that Maul's not going to die tomorrow.

SithStarSlayer likes this.