main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How good will Ep. VII be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Julius Vernon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If the big 3 come back then my list will go as follows :

1 . VII
    2. III
    3. V
    4. VI
    5. II
    6. IV
    7 I

If the big 3 are recast or not in it then my list is this :

1 . III
    2. V
    3. VI
    4. II
    5. IV
    6 . I
    7 .VII

Julius Vernon likes this.
  2. edgehead60

edgehead60 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2013
    I am not expecting an avenger type experience that movie came after being set up by many other great movies to finish it off with a bang. I do hope to be blown away with great information and great visuals. Leave the insane action and duels for later in the series. Maybe a Jedi training montage/ filler montage to pump up the action. No matter what looking forward to it......anybody's else's thoughts comments?

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I expect it to be good but I dont think all fans will like it *some fans just refuse to like anything post-Phantom Menace*. I can see it getting a reaction like Star Trek 2009. Majority like while the others claim it destroyed everything Star Wars.

4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I will expect it to fit in seamlessly with the rest of the series, Episodes I-VI all fit together seamlessly for me thus are all one big story, thus I love them all... V and III being my favorites and the rest falling somewhere after which I am not even consistent with in listing from one time to the next.

5. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    I'm sorry, but does your list have AOTC above IV A New Hope? And Episode III in front of ESB? LOL WHAT?

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Impossible to tell but based on the collaboration between Kennedy, Kasdan, Arndt and Abrams: I'll be optimistic and say:
    TESB, ANH
    E7
    ROTJ
    ROTS
    TPM AOTC

7. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, yes. Each episode has it's herald claiming it destroyed the series. (Except Episode 4 - Those people merely claim it destroyed cinema). This comes with a Star Wars movie.

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Big difference between ST 2009 and the Prequel trilogy in my mind. I mean you're right to note that some fans will never be satisfied and will always find a reason to pick it apart. That being said, if the prequels were anything like ST 2009, I would have loved them.

9. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Let me consult my crystal balls: Ok, check.

Frank T. likes this.
  10. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    The ingredients are almost all there. (Casting is, of course, an essential element that we still have no idea about.) But it may still be a mediocre film if that certain something is missing.

So I can't say how good it'll be, but I do think it needs to be at least as good as ROTJ or ROTS to get the franchise back on track. Another SW film with negative (or even middling) critical buzz will really kill any momentum that SW currently has. Because of the legacy behind the brand, Disney has to release a great film just to meet expectations--anything less will doom the franchise.

Julius Vernon and LawJedi like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be so good that there will be a rip in the space time continuum and all the monsters of lore will come out of it and wreak havoc upon the land.

Julius Vernon and eht13 like this.
  12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    "Expectation" is a four letter word in the world of anticipating film. It is wise to hope, never to expect.

thesevegetables likes this.
  13. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    And yet, ironically, "hope" is literally a four letter word.

To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, I think we need more hopelessness.

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well hopelessness is the methadone for those suffering the shakes from their overdose of past expectations. ;)

Expectations are the path to the dark side. Expectations lead to entitlement. Entitlement leads to whining. Whining... leads to *******s. :(

15. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    You aren't wrong. It's the sense of entitlement that's always bugged me about certain segments of fandom. It's OK to be disappointed, but nobody raped your childhood...

16. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    How good will Ep. VII be?

[​IMG]

Julius Vernon and Cad Carnage like this.
  17. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Chevy Chase was actually asked what he thought of people who think Episode 7 will ruin Star Wars. The video interview is here:

(WARNING: Very strong language)

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I am the eternal optimisic. I expect a quality that equals, even surpasses, the magic that was A New Hope, a truly proper introduction, or return to form, for that galaxy far, far away. While I loved the prequels, it was a time before the OT, and it made everything carry a distinct separation. While they were fine Star Wars films, being able to get back to that classic, dirty, industrial kind of universe is exciting, and quite promising. Episode VII will be one of the best.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    How good will Ep. VII be?

Nerds: What's in there...?
    Yoda: Only what you take with you.
    [​IMG]

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So a lighthearted comedy, then.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It's "Only what you take with you." :-B

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The point still stands. Nerdrage comes from nerds raging... not from how a film was made.

Episode Swag and eht13 like this.
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I know... and it was a good point.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    How did I screw that line up...??? [face_hypnotized]

kataja likes this.
  25. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    May I recommend a weekend of heavy SW binging beginning Friday night with an OT film of your choice followed by several repeated viewings of ESB.

Darth_Articulate likes this.