main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Order 66 Questions

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CloneTrooperFox, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Don't have any idea how Order 65 would have been called. Order 66 could have been launched if Chancellor himself gave it in special wave frequencies, don't know about 65. Anyway, knowing Palps probably he has though and find a way for it.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Order 65: In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv).

It doesn't say who's to issue the order and how it's authenticated though.

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You're going to have to explain this to me, as I'm obviously such a noob that I can't understand.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    There's nothing to explain. Just being sarcastic, and I meant nothing by it.

5. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    In what situations would they decide if the Chancellor was "unfit" to serve? Would an example of Order 65 be Mace and the others trying to arrest Chancellor Palpatine for revealing to be the Sith Lord?

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    If Mace & co. had presented the accusation to the Senate or Security Council, and they had agreed he was unfit- then possibly whoever's next down from Palpatine in the chain of command, could have issued the order, at the Senate or Security Council's instruction.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  7. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Wjats no
    What is noob?

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Internet slang for "newbie" or "newcomer".

9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Palps would have laughed at Mace and his posse if they tried to pull order 65 and then killed them.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  10. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    This right here makes us want to ask a lot of questions. Why didn't Mace Windu and the other Jedi inform the Senate before investigation? Maybe he thought Anakin would inform them (since he was ordered to stay back and wait for them, which he didn't). Did Palpatine have a back-up plan for if he was exposed and put in prison? It would be pretty difficult even for someone like Darth Sidious to take on the Grand Army of the Republic head on, therefor he must of had some sort of escape plan.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe "He controls the courts" etc applied to the Senate as well- with Mce thinking there's no way they can get a majority to declare Palpatine unfit?

ILNP likes this.
  12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Good point.

13. Seren

Seren Jedi Knight

Aug 8, 2011
    Not all of them turned acai
    against the Jedi. Lets put it this way: in real life Hitler's troops were loyal to him because of the massive amount of propaganda he used. He played off of there desire to protect there homeland and general anti-judaic fellings that were rife back than. Because of that Hitler with very little effort created a big army. Now as we know not every German was loyal to Hitler. Some of them had judaic friends who they were more loyal too than Hitler. The clones were trained from birth to be loyal to the republic. However just like humans some clones became friends with non-clones like bardin jusik and etain dur muken (SP?). These clones developed more loyalty to said friends than than the republic. Delta Squad is a good example.

CloneTrooperFox and Iron_lord like this.
  14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    How do I get some judaic friends? I Have Jewish friends, is that a good start?

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  15. Seren

Seren Jedi Knight

Aug 8, 2011
    Jewish=Judaic. Judaic was the name if the people living in Judea which is now part of Israel. It was also used as a term to describe those of the native religion which was Judaism. Jew and Jewish where used later on in history with Jewish used to descrgibe anyone of the Judaic faith since Judaism spread outside of Judea. Jew was also used as a insult by those that hated Judaics like faggot was used as an insult towards the LGBT community even though it means cigarette in Britain.

16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I've never smoked a faggot in my life. I've eaten a few.

I've smoked a lot of fags, though.

Maybe I'll offer a judaic a faggot to smoke one day. XD

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There's another order relating to what happens if the Supreme Chancellor's declared unfit:

Order 5: "In the event of the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) being declared unfit to issue orders, as defined in Section 6 (ii), the Chief of the Defense Staff shall assume GAR command and form a strategic cell of senior officers (see page 1173, para 4) until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified."

Suggesting that the Chief of the Defense Staff can issue Order 65, as the new GAR commander.

18. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    so in other words..

commander cody was a (3 letter word for a donkey) and could've chosen not to shoot down Obi-Wan if he wanted?

seems like the PT prime goal was to show no genuine friendship at all..

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's possible that it's both- there's a list of contingency orders, but the clones have been conditioned to obey Palpatine (or his image and voice in a recording) from infancy.

Result- Palpatine directly issuing Order 66 to Cody- instant obedience.

Climber being told by Salvo in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader that the Jedi have rebelled and to kill them- questioning and disobedience.

CloneTrooperFox and rumsmuggler like this.
  20. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah this reminds me of something that really bothered me:

Why did Sidious contact every single Clone Commander individually? He called Cody by name, so one must assume he knew them all and contacted them all via hologram. But...weren't there at least a 100+ commanders at the time? In TPM 10,000 Jedi were in the Galaxy. By the time Order 66 was issued, at least 100 jedi generals must be on the battlefields right? If so, why didn't Sidious just send out a holo order to all clone commanders at the same time?

Also, why did it seem to take him seconds to contact all the commanders? It should have taken hours, logically..

21. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    i don't care what the official word is, but if Lama Su himself said that the clones were created to obey any order without question, then order 66 was programmed into them...

Eryndil, V-2 and CloneTrooperFox like this.
  22. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    This is what i would have guessed as well!

V-2 likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    One does not follow from the other. The point of being created to, in theory, obey any order without question is to negate any need to be implanted with specific orders.

ILNP likes this.
  24. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Arawn_Fenn where do you make the distinction between 'created to obey' and 'implanted with specific orders'?

The clones had decision making qualities that made them superior to mindless droids, so they weren't made to be docile or dumb. But they were expected to follow orders through the chain of command without question; to me that implies specific intelligible conditioning/programming and it's anyone's guess how much of that is pure genetic programming. Aren't they 'born' aged 10 or so? They don't pop out of their machines dumb and unable to walk, so they must have quite a lot of intelligible information packed in their brains even by that point.

I'm just going by films here, I don't follow much of the PT EU except for TCW.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Those are different concepts. One is established in the films, the other is not.

Programming an organism's genetics affects the physical characteristics and development of the organism. It's not going to be useful in implanting information. In this case it is only useful in creating a genetic change which makes the clones more docile in general.

Where was this established?