main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion recent pictures of Mark Hamill...looking good.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mglover92, Feb 1, 2013.

1. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good burger at your side, kid.

2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Mark needs to hit the gym and watch his diet, plain and simple. It aint hard.

He has a minimum of 30 pounds to go to be ready for SW, maybe more.

Vale Man and Dra--- like this.
  3. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    What shape? Round?![face_thinking]

Vale Man and Tan-Wessel like this.
  4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    He's got time...

I sat with Mark for OP at CV and my favorite memory is as follows -

We were done with the day's signing, and the curtain was drawn, when all at once we all hear this ungodly wailing - Mark said 'Open the curtian...' So we did, and he looks Right at the little culprit and says quite clearly, "Hey Kid!" little boy looks at him with shock and awe... Mark) "Jedi don't throw tantrums!"

Utter silence... (well, except for all of us watching, including the parents) who were [face_laugh]

5. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Obviously, he's losing weight to prepare for Star Wars. The writing is on the wall. Look at the color suit coat he's wearing. That's right: black. Just like his outfit in Return of the Jedi. Could there be any clearer a signal to us fans that he is indeed in the movie? What does he have to do? Spell it out for us by verbally confirming it? That says it right there, man. He's so in.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Give him robes, a beard and he's set. He's not crazy fat or anything.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They'll probably ask him to drop a few pounds.

8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He's probably lighter than Sir Alec was in ANH. I'm not looking for a martial arts instructor, or some pretty-boy, I'm looking for a Jedi Master. Found him!

LawJedi likes this.
  9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    There's a reason that God created...

[​IMG]

Blazer-Smith and Episode Swag like this.
  10. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Mark will be fine for Episode VII... I would be worried if the guy was pushing 300lbs or something like that, but he's obviously not that big. I agree on the idea of him having a beard though.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    THAT is awesome! That kid got told to calm down by Luke himself!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    He's 61 ''62 in September'' so it's only natural that he's put on a bit of weight over the years, that's what some ''not all but some'' people tend to do at that age. Also look at William Shatner, he's 20 years older then Hamill and he's most likely even heavier. But that's not to say that both guys aren't happy, healthy and active, far from it. It's just the nature of old age.

kataja and FRAGWAGON like this.
  13. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    We should be so lucky he gives a crap about Star Wars and fans anymore. Yet people down him for his looks. All based upon an imaginary character he played in a movie, to which people think he should have skipped pie and burgers a few hundred times to stay this thing in real life. Weight is hard to keep off for some people. Why knock it? All we know he may have arthritic knees and can't work out much.

You will shut your mouths when he is up there though. Unless he says. "No thank you. I am too fat and old and ugly.." and we get some douche to replace him.

The the wah circle comes back around again.

Potato.

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    To be fair, yggdrasil311, this is a brush fire compared to the thermonuclear explosion that is criticism of Carrie Fisher's appearance.

15. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Very true.

Don't hear many people talking about Han though, and his ear piercing.

[​IMG]

He looks just great. Can't wait to see him run around like his old self. Just fantastic.

Vale Man likes this.
  16. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    He looks thin because he eats whatever Calista Flockhart eats.... which isn't much. [face_skull]

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Except for that flappy ear on the left - Disney Cross over! Han Solo as Dumbo!!

(And yes, I know it belongs to teh guy behind him, but at first look....)[/quote]

18. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    They'll probably get him to lose some weight if they hand him a contract. He doesn't look TOO bad... :p

19. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    These pics of Mark make me feel so old...

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    People are way too hard on the guy. If they call him for the role, he'll be just fine. I have no doubts about that.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, I don't think he has to care about SW fans to be in the movie, there are other incentives $$$$

I think youre comments overstate the case; people aren't down on him personally, they just want him to be ready for the role. Aside from that, I am sure no one cares. His age is fine, it will make for a great wise older Jedi master; the weight could use a little work.

I'm sure he will be ready when the time comes.

22. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I regret making this thread. In fact mods can lock it. The picture I think is from October that just got released today. Folks get butt hurt over a thread made. nobody is putting a gun to Hamills head and telling him to lose the pounds or get to hiking. I just pointed out what I saw. Move along.

23. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    And that is what is wrong with society today, so much focus on weight and looks, and not enough focus on health and happiness.

DarthApprentice and Episode Swag like this.
  24. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    That's what i mean. Ready for what?

Are people expecting him to be running around, doing flips, like some gymnast Jedi from the PT trilogy?

Who cares if he has weight on. He can pick things up and swing things just fine. I don't see why he would have to be some slender dude to be a Jedi. I didn't read anywhere that in the Jedi codebook you have to be a certain weight to be effective. Yoda was a midget, and he did just fine.

25. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Mark looks fine to me, he'll suit being the older wiser jedi master.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.