main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What types of government has the EU not shown yet?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We've had Republics, Empires, a Confederacy, a Confederation, a Federation... we've had royal dynasties (Fel Empire & Hapans), we've had aristocratic ruling families (the Chiss & the Hutts), we've had collectivist hive-minds (the Killiks), we've had theocracies (the Yuuzhan Vong), etc.

Are there any types of government that the EU has not shown yet? (or at least not featured in any of the main stories?)

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I am still waiting for the EU to show a properly functioning democracy. Force knows it is LONG overdue. In the mean time, I will keep the torch lit. [face_flag]

--Adm. Nick

Havac and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    i doubt such a thing exists, that would suit your definition

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Every kind conceivable but those mentioned above. The possibilities are, theoretically, limitless, after all. Government by the old, government by foreigners, government by merchants, government by laborers, government by numbers (we've had that - Givin, actually), government by lottery, government by machines, government by prophecy, etc.

5. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    A kritarchy? Maybe have Judge Dredd show up in the SW-verse:)

Can't think of much else that hasn't been shown. I am always hoping for some more good monarchies and aristocracies.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Chandrila and Esseles? Which are both apparently so deeply democratic they keep annoying others with it, unless we are talking about a semi direct democracy like the Swiss have, which afaik we really have not seen.

Depends on the legal system, as in the only know „real“ kritarchies on earth are usually tribal societies (as the rule by judges in old Israel is properly fictional), so the Ewoks might actually have one ;)

7. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    [face_laugh], preachy democracy in SW is always something I can do without

Is there anymore detailed info on Esseles, outside of Coruscant and Core Worlds, in terms of their government? I know it is listed as representative democracy in the "modern" SW era, but they have such an Imperial/Monarchy feel to me from their past local empire

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Democratic earth nations also love to do it, so why would whole planets be any different. :p
    Far Orbit and the Ringali Shell article might have some more background on it, though I won’t be able to check until Sunday. I also always felt that if there was a planet that would be a lot like Great Britain it would properly be Esseles.

9. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    The Great Britain analogy is what admiralnick said too. Sounds about right to me. I guess they could always be as much of a democracy as Alderaan seems to be.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW did seem to be trying to give the Confederacy a "British" flavour, with Parliament, and its look.