main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    cause Satine died?

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes. I wasn't a big fan of TCW, didn't watch many episodes beside hers and the Mortis one until Maul's return. I started to follow it also because I know Maul would be related to the Mandalorians.

3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Well Next Season is gonna be epic for sure is what you said about Palps and Maul is true.

4. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Thx, I will continue to discuss this episode after I watch it tomorrow.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    definitely, can't wait for S6, kinda wish they would scrap the Ahsoka Arc and just air S6

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm sure they'll spoil the entirety of Season 6 on Amazon in a couple of weeks, don't despair.

8. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Maul : Shadow Services :p

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sry for double post i just have a question
    Darth Vader how long is the duel ?

Huyang likes this.
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    My mum and younger brother have green eyes yet me, my dad and other brother all have blue. It can happen.

V-2 likes this.
  11. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Why was with the ability to sleep. T__T How on earth did more than half of you already watch the episode? Was it leaked or something? I'm confused...

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada still airs it Friday nights.

13. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Those lucky Canadians...

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Genetics is one of the most difficult courses I've ever had, and I'm by no means an expert, but from what I recall, the idea that blue is recessive and brown is dominant is a massive over-simplification of things. That there are multiple genes affecting eye color and that for instance two blue eyed parents can have a brown eyed child, though it would be far more rare than having a blue eyed child. Having a brown eyed child does not immediately mean that the mother was unfaithful, which was kind of implied when I learned the standard homozygous recessive (blue) x homozygous recessive (blue) = homozygous recessive (blue) rule in high school.

I was curious about what dictates green eyes or hazel eyes awhile back and was searching the internet for answers, and the most in depth answers are all way above my head in scientific terminology (gene names, loci, genetic crossover, etc.) but I recall reading that pretty much any combination of parental phenotypes (in this case the color of the parents' eyes) can yield pretty much any other phenotype in the child. It's just some are much more likely than others, but it's not impossible.

EDIT: But yes, it does seem like them being sisters was an after thought. But I can't help but ask why even both at this point? It's the last episode of the arc and they're going to throw that out there? Why is that relevant except to shoe-horn her in as having a claim to the Mandalorian throne as being Satine's closest relative or something?

And if that's the case... whatever happened to democracy?

FARK2005 likes this.
  15. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    That battle was so awesome. Even better than last weeks. and when Maul used both the lightsaber and darksaber against Sidious... Amazing. *__*

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That was a fantastic episode. Mandos fighting each other, Sidious being badass, and Maul being of use makes me very curious about the future. Also Bo-Katan as Satine's sister was a surprise. I guess Korkie is her son then.

17. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, I have to say, best episode this season yet, these duels are just getting better. I am curious to see what's going to become of Maul, since Sidious pretty much ruined him, I can't imagine it'll be good.

Great stuff all around.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  18. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Wow. What can you say after an episode like that? I can't believe they packed all that into a 22 minute episode. Makes me hope there's an even longer version of that for the Blu-ray.

Sidious vs Maul and Savage was pretty epic. They would last longer against Sidious due to the Dark Side but ultimately, they were no match for the master. That was Sidious at his absolute creepiness and I suspected he would keep Maul alive for his own purposes. Maul was interesting here, running the gambit of emotions.

I can't believe Maul killed Satine. I figured she would die but Maul killing Satine in front of Obi-Wan? I never expected that. I guess this will be the contrast between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Obi-Wan will learn how to deal with it while Anakin never could.

Bo being Satine's sister was an interesting twist though I'm surprised she never mentioned it to Obi-Wan.

19. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I need some time to recover from the awesomeness of that fight.

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was good, but didn't quite live up to the first two episodes in this arc. I so called the first death but was more shocked at the second. And Santine has a sister?

What's this I hear about an Ahsoka arc?

21. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    That was a spectacular episode, I think it is the best of the season! Definitely my favorite one! It will be very interesting to see what becomes of Maul. The duel was awesome!

Order66Survivor likes this.
  22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Why did they cut Anakin's scene, and Satine's line from the trailer?

Noticed some Red Royal Guards in Palpatine's office in the background.

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I enjoyed the episode for the most part. I am sad that Satine died. I was even more sad to watch Obi-Wan do nothing in that whole scene. And I am very annoyed at Sidious for not killing Maul. I was so excited and thought finally and end to this Maul storyline. But no, Sidious has to have plans for him. I hope they result in him going far far away. Though also I can't believe Maul begged for mercy. That was what was so great about him in TPM, he didn't speak and never once backed down. Plus Sidious broke a sith code by showing mercy.

24. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, just finished it, and I have to say... I liked it more than I thought I would.
    The Mandalorian fight scenes were beautiful. If we return to Mandalore in S6 (and I REALLY hope we do now that [I'm assuming] Maul won't be there) then I want another serving of that, because Bo was kicking ass left and right.

As for the reveal of Bo being Satine's sister... I have to say, when I read it on here I groaned, but when I watched the episode it didn't bother me in the least. It just seemed to add another layer of depth to Bo- she's a warrior but she was upset that her pacifist sister had died. It was sort of sweet. I think I have a new Mandalorian lady to like.

The part I didn't like? Maul. Namely, his continued survival. Satine's death was... sad, but nothing like I imagined it would be. I loved that she told Obi-Wan to stay strong and not to listen to him, but I disliked how in her final moments she was reduced to nothing more than Obi-Wan's lover. I also loved Obi-Wan telling Maul off about how weak he was for choosing the dark. That was wonderful, and not even because of my hatred of Maul, but because we so rarely get discussions like that in this series and it made this episode feel a little more special.

All in all, one zabrak down- one to go. At least now Ventress' arc will be free of her former "monster," and I eagerly await Bo's fate. ;)

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wish this was a four story arc. I have a bad feeling about the Anakin and Ahsoka arc.