main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solution for Clovis arc not airing in Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Maybe it'll end up like "How many licksdoes it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?" The World May Never know...

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Not sure if this is a trap...

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, it's most definitely a tarp.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

jedinightwing likes this.
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the Clovis things happen during Onderon like most arcs in S5 IMO.
    All arcs happen at the same time...
    Maybe they will add some few more shadows here and there on the Clovis arc.

And let me take a minute to say WHY I am upset for not seeing...

CLOVIS, Banking Clan, Muuns, Separatists, Thorn, Separatists winning, Steampunk vaults, Embo... good stuff!

6. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I completely argree with you. As season 5 is going to end record earily and miss 2 episodes for a standard Clone Wars season. They really should air the Clovis arc sometime between season 5 and 6 or maybe even release it as a direct to dvd/blu-ray special. They voiced season 6 before they knew Clovis was going to be pushed so if Clovis is going in there it's going to cause a domino affect.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I could see an early airing of the Clovis arc happening and the rest of the season coming later. Kinda like what Archer did for season 3.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm wondering if perhaps LFA is holding out on the Clovis arc, not because they think it's bad, but because they think it's good. More specifically, they might think it's a good introduction to TCW for any Disney (XD? almost certainly) viewers who haven't been following TCW on CN.

It has the romance that has been traditionally associated with Disney, albeit SW's Anakin/Padme in all its dysfunctionality and with the spanner of Clovis thrown in the works. This ties into AOTC and ROTS, so it's very much grounded in the films and their stories. It might be an ideal arc for anyone who wants to get into TCW.

It has TCW's trademark action violence, including a battle between the Republic and CIS in the skies above a city on Scipio. This might be the arc in which Thorn and some shocktroopers are ambushed by an army of droids, and in which Rex and the 501st mount a defence on a planet with a dusky-hued sky.

It gets into the politics of the innately political conflict between Loyalists and Separatists. For someone who wants to find out what the Clone Wars are all about, a story focusing on a Banking Clan official revealing Separatist secrets to the Republic might be the one that gets to the point.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Really all the season's shuffling seems to have been around the Clovis arc. First it was replaced by Young Jedi and then kept getting pushed back until it was out of the season. Perhaps something is wrong with it or they are saving it. Perhaps there is some delay and its actually still being finished. Hell, CN could have pulled it for standards and practices issues which LFA has been unable to resolve. The later doesn't seem likely since Matt Michnovetz said its out there and will be in season 6 now. I'd still like to hear from Dave Filoni rather than one of the writers on Twitter.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Wait a second. There are six episodes after "Lawless", right? Are we sure Clovis doesn't show up in that time?

11. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    No, there are only four episodes after Lawless.

12. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    We're only getting 20 episodes this year? That's unfortunate.

13. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I would like to have it as a Bluray/DVD special. Would be nice to get an arc that we haven't already seen on tv.

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    How in the world did we go from 22 to 20? Are they going to air something else or thats it...20 episodes? If thats the case thats another blow to an already beleagured franchise. No AOTC and ROTS 3-D, shorting the clone wars, man this deal is getting worse all the time. maybe I was right after all, maybe I should consider jumping ship and leave star wars alone. There are way other properties that are doing better than star wars.

15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's technically only 44 minutes less. That's one episode of a standard show. And AOTC/ROTS 3D weren't new content, just a rehash of already existing content.

We're getting Episode VII soon! Star Wars has never been in a more anticipatory place.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    you must be forgetting about VII, S6 of TCW....yea? okay?

07jonesj likes this.
  17. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    but so they decided not to do 22? so its 20 then?

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes

19. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    well, i guess i'll be watching the lego chima cartoon, ben 10 omniverse, ultimate spiderman, and start to get ready for season 3 of transformers prime. Me personally, I'm not a big fan of the 4-parter arcs, or cutting two episodes. Yeah, like one guy says its only 44 minutes, but this is probably the only good thing going for star wars. Me persoanally I don't want more seasons at 20 episodes each. They need to start mixing up some stand alone epsiodes like season one with a couple of duologies. I'm very mixed on my 4-parters

20. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Funny, I'm going to go out on a limb but I am not looking forward to Star Wars Episode 7, instead I'm looking more for Avengers 2 and Avatar 2. For the sake of the movie it better not come out in 2016 and go against James Cameron's Avatar cause it will get demolished. I'm also really hoping that either season 6 or 7 is the last one for the clone wars. Sometimes telling too many stories can make things too convoluted. Some of you guys may not remember but the clone wars has almost 10 years worth of stories from the movies, comic books, novels, short stories, toys, video games, animation.......and its getting a bit dry. There are other eras that deserve some serious attention.

JackG likes this.
  21. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    A standard hour long show which The Clone Wars is not nor has it ever been. Two episodes of a standard, half hour show, like most kids cartoons (and cartoons in general)

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe Dis XD has 27 minute time slots instead of the 22 minute ones CN has. A few extra minutes gained. Being approx an hour would be cool. Will never happen.

23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    If it indeed will be only 20 episodes this season, I would very much like some official confirmation wether the last 2 (or the entire Clovis arc) will be on the DVD & Blu-ray or if it will be pushed to S6.

Seriously, S5 has been quite a mess, airing wise. While I liked that arc, I don't know why they had to force Young Jedi into the season. No clips from those episodes appeared in the season trailers so they apparently hadn't planned to include that arc from the start and it is most likely the reason for no Clovis this season.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, there were clips from that Arc shown in the trailer

25. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    May be some wishful thinking here, but if for the Blu-ray release they could condense "Secret Weapons" and "A Sunny Day in the Void" into one episode and include the Clovis arc, that would bring the total episodes to 22.

:) I can wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.