main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    Thank ya!

New episode of TCW on right now. Apparently Darth Maul is running Mandalore. (That looks ridiculous even as I type it.)

Anyway, Ep. VII. You guys ready for copious amounts of lense flare?

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Hahahahahaha....lens flare! JJ abrams! I get it!

3. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    Lol. I have to say, though, I thoroughly enjoyed his Star Trek flick. Not sure how it went over with our Trekkie cousins, though, which has me a bit worried. ("So Mr. Abrams, what direction did you want to go with this Star Tr--" "We're blowing up Vulcan." "Wait, what?! No! What are you talking about?" "Yeah, during like the first third of the movie too. I freakin' hate those pointy-eared hobgoblins. That's the entire reason I signed the contract. Gonna need me a planet busting McGuffin. Hmm... Red Matter. Done. Let's do this." "Where did we find this guy!?" "Uh, sir, he wrote and directed Lost." "Oh my God, what have we done!?")

I look forward to what he'll do with it. I feel like Star Trek was more like a Star Wars movie in the way it moved. Star Wars always worked to me because they never explained anything. They took the crazy sci-fi setting for granted. GL said he wanted it to look like a foreign film that you just kind of got tossed into. That right there sold it for me, and Abrams kind of did that with Star Trek. I'm excited. Even if it's garbage, I'll see it in theaters more than once.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I haven't seen Warm Bodies yet, but I did finally see Gangster Squad last night... it was meh, but entertaining enough.

5. edgehead60

edgehead60 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2013
    Exactly oh lance Armstrong cheated in a sport where literally everyone was cheating , but ray lewis kills someone and he is amazing an inspiration.

6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Good morning, everyone! It's funny, but after the director has been announced, the boards are getting boring again. :pAll speculation...

7. edgehead60

edgehead60 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2013
    Exactly oh lance Armstrong cheated in a sport where literally everyone was cheating , but ray lewis kills someone and he is amazing an inspiration.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good morning GIL.

Is it sad that I don't care about either of the Super Bowl teams this year? I'll probably get some beer and nachos and watch the game for the commercials anyway, but I don't care who wins or loses.

My house needs some feng shui or something. I was sick at the end of last week and now my youngest has a cough and a fever. Off to urgent care.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That sucks, I certainly hope he's okay.

I love watching the Super Bowl no matter who plays (especially since my team has only made it once and it didn't turn out so well). I just hope for a great game and some great food!

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm only watching for a certain movie trailer, then I'm out.

The responses in the "Trek community" basically run the gamut. Some loved it, some hated it. Much like a SW prequel it created a lot of easily debunked nonsense-spewing and false claims.

GarithTannis likes this.
  11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I had a terrible thunk this morning - Not long after Jim Henson turned the Muppets over to Disney, he caught a mysterious and lethal bug that took him from us WAY too soon - Stan Lee's still kicking about but what if *Bumb bum BAHHHM* a Disney Curse is out there? [face_nail_biting]

It causes the victim to sell out it's most lucrative asset, and then Walt comes back for their SOUL....

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. :D

13. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Our home is probably going to be the only one in the country that's going to be OFF today. The market was a zoo after church...ugh. :p

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I wonder what church attendance is like in San Francisco & Baltimore today.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There didn't seem to be many missing at church this morning for me. The Superbowl is on later in the day.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm having such a great time at the Super Bowl party I'm at... I don't want it to end.

:p

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    My dorm has HD TVs all over the first floor, plus a screening room with an overhead projector. They served pizza at halftime, but most of the food is gone now. :(

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The power outage was probably the best thing that happened to that game. A blowout turned into a shootout and that was pretty awesome. I just wish the 49ers would have called better plays at the end. That said, I agree with the commentators that that wasn't pass interference.

20. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    49ERS lost a superbowl. That just doesn't sound right. I'm happy for joe flacco,an underrated QB in my book, and even happier that I won't have to see ray lewis stories anymore:D

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I put an Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" quote on my Facebook page and my father's response was "At least we can say to Ray Lewis, 'Nevermore'."

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Guess you could say that Ray Lewis MURDERED all of the competition. He really KILLED all of those plays. He knocked that audience DEAD with his performance.

23. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

Only two years and three months left until Episode VII...assuming it's released May 2015.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Aside from my annual post Super Bowl hangover, I'm doing just fine.

:p

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Are there any Eagles fans here? They were talking on Mike and Mike (a sports radio show) that for the past four seasons the team that faced the Eagles in Philadelphia's home opener went on to win the Super Bowl. I just thought that was a funny coincidence (I wish the Titans would play them next year. :()

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.