main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Suing and bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Feb 1, 2013.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Since most of you are aware of my situation with my ex roommate, please be aware that suing someone doesn't always mean you get your money. I know found out once she goes to bankruptcy then its all over for me. She can have that debt released with chapter 7. Of course the best part is she was still on the lease till the end of the month and she cleaned me out of my stuff. The police did nothing, they let her do it. Its a civil matter. So now I can not get anything back and suing her won't do much either. But I will still try, so let this be a lesson, take everything valuable out of your house before you get divorced, kick your roommate out, or your gf or boyfriend. That way you don't lose everything. Oh and by the way, Most of the stuff she took was furniture so it was a bit difficult to take out of the house. But be warned, the law does nothing for you. If they are obstinate, they get to do whatever they want to do. You can be nice, you can save their job but still screw you all the way. Nice people finish last when it comes to the law.

2. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i've already heard this one. i'm pretty sure, anyway.

Arawn_Fenn, harpuah and Ender_Sai like this.
  3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    This is why you document the hell out of these sorts of things and quietly seek legal advice before your "lesbian" roommate leaves you. It's also why you document the hell out of stuff before you act as paper trails are almost never a bad thing.

BTW, this reads as if it was written after you had a couple of beers on an empty stomach. Shall we call your beerzel?

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Hey yo beezel how about just making one roommate thread and keep us all updated on the shenanigans?

5. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    yo beezel how about a dog baby onion woolworth tongue mimesis symmetry?

Ender_Sai likes this.
  6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    lessons in naivety.

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
  8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Jeez Beez, she's fleeced your steez. New lease, new keys.

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is like if Ned Stark had all his clothes stolen by Joffrey instead of having his head chopped off, so he walked back to Winterfell only to find out dragons blew it up.

I actually have no idea what I'm talking about.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    You sure about that?

Last I heard most people were going the prickly turpentine back of radiator hard boiled eggs duster with optional clapper.

12. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You know how in olden days entire novels came in serial form over time in magazines? I'm glad bezel chose his medium for his stories.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Someone will do a fan-edit almanac at the conclusion, for those that don't like episodic.

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey I also love Mars Volta/ATDI lyrics!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    think of it this way beezel, you are going to have so much extra money now. you can buy all new furniture and stuff.

Ender_Sai and jp-30 like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope this becomes an inspirational Oscar Bait movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis in both roles.

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Actually Nic Cage would do a better Beezel.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No! Not the lesbians! NOT THE LESBIANS!

RC-1991 likes this.
  19. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I once had a situation similar (though not so extreme) to this. Many years ago, when my girlfriend at that time and I had broken up, a bunch of my stuff was left at her apartment (a few music CDs, games, clothes). I never bothered trying to get any of that stuff back, though. I knew it wouldn't have gone well and, well, who listens to music CDs anymore?

I, did, however, lose my World of Warcraft game in that mishap. :(

20. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Funny you should say that. After dealing with the police matter I was completely stressed out to a point my heart was racing and I felt scared, like fight or flight response. Afterwards I felt drained. I had the biggest migraine cause I skipped lunch because of it. I hadn't eaten since 10 that morning. Also documenting helps to a point but depending on where you sue them the court can't compel people to give up stuff they have taken. Trust me this came from a lawyer I talked with.

21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    this is your magnum opus

look dawg im sorry. i like you, i really do. but no way no HOW do you get to tell beezel how to post. that boy was posting blockbuster threads when you were just a gleam in some poor geezer's eye. okay that's almost certainly not true but still

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Daniel Day-Lewis as the lesbian then? I'm just trying to imagine how he would prepare for the role.

23. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    So why no just go and take your stuff back?

24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    triangulating what i know about beezel and what we know about the woman and the situation thus far, there's, like, a 65-70% chance she would cut him

25. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Either result would be a worthy addition to this ongoing drama.