main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This was rather epic arc but too bad that there were no 4 episodes of this. Then there would be no such need for rushed scenes- even though this arc had far less hurrying than some old episodes.

+Palpatine was pretty awesome- classic musical cues and all - he was just great
    +Red Guards- finally:D
    +Maul's crybaby-moment "Mercy please"- This makes Palpy seem sooooo bad..
    +Savage became pretty tragic character- used and thrown away just like that....
    +Satine's death was well done and her messy hair look was nicely animated
    +Bo-Katan being Satine's sister really surprised me- never thought of that. Does this mean Korkie is her son???
    +Twilight came back.... just to be destroyed... well Anakin can probably fix it anyway:p
    +Ki-Adi-Mundi as a random jedi council member instead of Plo- very little yet refreshing detail.
    + Those Moogans really cracked me up[face_laugh]

-Korkie and all those guys grew up too fast
    -Korkie and the rest had too little roles (I guess they return though)
    -Obi-Wan had too little role as well and there was no time to show his sorrow- I fear that he will return in the next episodes looking like nothing would have happened...
    - Savage's death was bit early- there could've been still some use for him....
    [/quote]

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hopefully, but they did say the Anakin scene was cut very early into production for time, and that was the main thing I was hoping for.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Do you agree Obi Wan should bring Anakin?

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  4. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Also another difference from this and the book is Sidious only impales Savage with one saber.

5. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    In the novelization of ROTS I know there is something about Dooku realizing in his last moments he was never really a true Sith. I think they have always tried to portray Dooku as somewhere between Jedi and Sith, he is always regal, noble, he was even loyal to his apprentice. It also seemed like he had about one second between the time he realized Sidious had betrayed him and his head was chopped off.

It's debatable how much Sidious was putting on a show for Anakin I think it was pretty clear he was going to die without Anakin's intervention.

When Luke cuts Vader down he pathetically raises his hand to ask for mercy. It all seems pretty consistent to me.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm fine with Obi-Wan being alone.
    btw What sort of people name their children Satine and Bo-Katan? They don't really sound like sisters[/quote]

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  7. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Man I hope Clovis in on the S5 Blu-Ray AND DVD instead of S6

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    that's how Anakin would save her :p

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Also I don't get why did Obi Wan try to taunt Maul when Satine was choking by Maul, he went enraged and kill her is totally predictable.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Because it's all Obi Wan's fault duh

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    How many seconds does it honestly take to speak up/plead?

He looked over in shock at Palpatine, then let out a sigh of relief when it looked like Anakin wasn't going to, then his eyes went wide with shock when Palpatine urged him to. But at no point did he plead. The man doesn't want to die, but he has the pride to not cower and beg for mercy.

Vader yielded to Luke. That's not the same thing as begging. Palpatine told Luke to finish him off and at no point did he cry out or beg like Maul did.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan should have tried and fought when Maul was choking Satine instead of talking

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's partly his fault.

14. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    So... Bo-Katan is affected by her sister's death... but is nonetheless a member of the group that tried to kill Satine in the past.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Now you guys understand why was I so frustrating about Obi Wan when I read the book?

16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This.

When it was first brought up, I was hoping it would be edited back in for the BR/DVD release. Dave pretty much crushed that hope...

17. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Brilliant episode, probably the best of the whole TCW series so far for me, which managed to cram a lot into 22 minutes. I haven't read the book, so it all came as a complete surprise to me. It's probably better to judge each version of the story on its own merits, rather than comparing the two.

Loved the lines and situations recalling ANH/ROTJ.

A couple of gripes - has does Palpatine manage to leave Coruscant without anyone noticing?

Also, about 5 minutes in, one of the close-ups of Yoda shows a reflected point of light in his eyes. However, the points are in the slightly different places in each eye.

18. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    It was pretty obvious Maul was going to kill her, even if Obi-Wan didn't start talking about Maul's home and the dark side of the force being weak.

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Binders, surrounded by people with guns. If he tried to attack Maul, he'd been shot.

20. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    He didn't yield, he was bested. He wasn't like "okay you won buddy" he is raising his hand to ask for mercy to not be killed which is what causes Luke to pause and realize what he is doing.

This is one thing I think the EU interpretation of Star Wars misses is that in GL's world the bad guys are deeply flawed, fearful, weak cowards at heart. Even to this day with characters like Grievous people resent that he is at heart a jealous coward not a Terminator.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He was trying to lure Obi Wan's darkness out, I don't think he would kill her so soon if Obi Wan didn't taunt him.

Also do you think Anakin could change the situation there if he went with Obi Wan?

22. AW8

AW8 Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    Annoying indeed. To be honest, in The Phantom Menace there's not even an explanation of what the Sith are. If Lucas really had meant to make TPM the first part of his grand saga, there should have been an explanation of who they are, their philosophy, how they came to be and how they came to only be two at a time.

I love your sig BTW.

"Topically applied fluoride doesn’t prevent tooth decay! It does render teeth detectable by spy satellite!”

TaradosGon likes this.
  23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And at the end didn't he try to lunge and got knocked down by one of the Mando's?

I think Anakin could have actually made the situation worse.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    How? All he needs to do is stay on the ship and fly it up when they got out. It's not like he's always reckless in the missions.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    This would have been the perfect episode for an Anakin vs Maul duel