main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think Luke was quite close to the Dark Side in EP VI, glad he could make it, and Vader already had conflict between him before the last moment.

Sidious did use his prophets to create a clone of Maul to test Vader.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, Luke was definitely skirting the edge. I think EpVI works a lot better in that regard after the release of EpIII as it shows how Luke is making the same choices Anakin did up to that point. Luke is going to great lengths to save the ones he cares about, but that's how Sidious manipulates people.

I hate that comic being canon. In fact, cloning Force-sensitives just annoys me.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This sucks, I won't get to see it till tomorrow evening...

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think this also has something to do with Vader, unlike Dooku he was already showing struggle to let Luke know he was right. Just like Ian said in the interview.

Palpatine is so good at it because he knows the old Jedi's flaw well, if Luke really followed what Obi Wan and Yoda told him he would fall to the Dark Side after killed his father, glad he didn't.

6. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Don't worry, I hear it's really good.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    brace urself for an intense episode

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The title 'The Jedi Who Knew Too Much' for the Ahsoka arc, could that be referring to half of the code that Even Piell gave her back in season three?

Seerow likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    possibly, but we won't know till next week

10. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    In July????!??? I thought it always started in the fall!

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    or it could possibly be S5 airing in the UK in July

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    In terms of Season 6, we already know Yoda, Fives, and Maul/Sidious, and Clovis perhaps...

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully all my dreams for season 6 come true, it'll be epic. I'm still cautious to believe season 6 will air in July.

To me the best episode of the season is "Revival". The two middle episodes in Young Jedi were superb episodes, much stronger than the last one in terms of action and the exploration of the mythos which was something I've been craving. Then we hit "Bound For Rescue" and that mythos exploration took a back seat for action. Yeah the chase/ crash scene was pretty brutal, the fight with Grievous was good, and Hondo was awesome. Please let Jim Cummings come to SWW this year, please!

I probably would have done better to watch "Bound For Rescue" on its own instead of trying to tackle it for the first time at the tale end of rewatching the other three in an arc. My attention span just failed somewhere between the crash and Grievous vs Ahsoka. For me the payoff just wasn't there. That middle just felt boring. Really my main problem with this arc was actually with how way over focused Katooni and Petro were. I could see why folks like Katooni and the thing with Hondo was cute. On the other hand I would still like to ska-doo into my TV and tell the little brat Petro off. I didn't feel like any of the other Younglings grew much or learned anything over the course of 4 episodes. I thought that was weak for an arc from my jaded perspective was setup to deliver a message about coming together and being a team. You can't throw me 6 kids and a mentor character and expect me not to apply the familiar "wake up, go to school, and save the world' trope to it. It was the SW version of that to me. I didn't care about Slave I.

I'm glad TCW gave me two good parts in there, some linear continuity, and I like it when they try something unconventional. Really I think Onderon could have lost two episodes, Young Jedi could have lost an episode, and D-Squad could have lost two episodes to give room for the Clovis arc and another story. The season feel even shorter because we've basically only gotten 5 stories vs 7 in season 4. Thee were 12 stories in season 3.

LOL, I'm almost certainly going to fail at waking up. -points at time stamp.- I'll have to wait til Sunday and that's tough. I've gotten used to watching them quickly. =b

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm wondering, since TCW will probably move to Disney XD, will they have to tone down the increasing violence on the show, either for the final product or edit it down for TV airing only?

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not sure. I can tell you that when Gargoyles was being aired on Disney XD some of the more violent stuff in it was edited including the episode "Deadly Force" being skipped.

16. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    So how about more upcoming episode descriptions?

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I swooned!

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Star Wars censoring itself for Disney is my #1 fear about the acquisition. I'm still getting used to the fact that the franchise isn't a "rebel force" anymore. It's weird to consider that LFL now has to conform to the standards of a bigger corporation. :(

cwustudent likes this.
  19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    For over thirty years, GL was the guardian of Star Wars...before the sparkle and rainbow times...before the Disney Empire.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fixed ;)

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Google Hangout Spoilers (I gathered what I could):

• Cato Neimoidia is coming in fashion
    • Tarkin is making a central/prominent appearance, surrounded by Coruscant Shock Troopers
    • Amazing-looking industrial complex
    • Criminal procedure sequence at the beginning of the arc
    • Ahsoka/Tarkin dynamic
    • "Emotionally wrenching"
    • Anakin/Ahsoka split over Tarkin
    • Krell gets name dropped in the next arc
    • More space combat?
    Sorry I couldn't get more!

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought the space battle stuff was about S6? Either way, I'm really looking forward to the next arc.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I knew it'd probably have something to do with Ahsoka and Tarkin! I'm guessing it's the two halves of the code they have.

And I'm just about to go watch 'The Lawless', I hope it's gonna be a good episode!

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Given the titles and the fact that Tarkin is involved, I'd be willing to bet on the Nexus route being part of the plot as well.

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Can't wait to see what's happening on Cato Neimoidia.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.