main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    yea, that was his plan

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    She broke her out to call Obi-Wan in the first place didn't she?

Obi-Wan couldn't deflect rockets like that in the past, why would he have been able to now? Just because they took off 10 seconds earlier because Anakin stayed on the ship doesn't mean the rockets wouldn't catch up.

And isn't Anakin known for getting shot down? :p

FARK2005 and Valairy Scot like this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Quite a few more secs, the ship would already start to leave the ground and active the weapon when they got out to help clear the Death Watch there. Also Anakin is better on pilot skill so he might be able to fly it better.

It's not certain, but he definitely could be a very good asset to increase the chance for Satine to be rescued right? I guess now you know why I was so angry about it days before.

4. stewfan

stewfan Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2013
    Epic episode! That's why I love star wars and TCW.

5. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    The Shadow Conspiracy book was written like it was almost certain Maul was dead, with a small chance he would come back. Glad the episode was clear on the fact that this was not the end of Maul. "The Lawless" was great as the finale to this arc, but not as the conclusion to the Darth Maul story, there’s so much potentially cool stories left to tell about Maul, The Shadow Collective, Death Watch and Mandalore. It will be really cool to see how they are going to top this arc the next time we get a Darth Maul story.

Interesting that Sidious said he had other uses for Maul, in other words it isn’t one specific task he wishes Maul to perform, he will become Sidious`s agent again. Probably intends to have him as a backup apprentice in case Anakin dies in the war.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes and she failed that time, I guess she was preparing her men to start that big fight we later saw at that time and she thought Satine could not change anything.

He could deflect maybe one or two, if they could fly up quick enough that's what they need to worry about. And that's actually quite a few more seconds for them to get out from the range of those Death watch, the weapon could also be activated sooner to help clear out a few more Death Watch when they got out.

Overall, bringing Anakin would increase the chance for Satine to be rescued quite a bit. Why refuse it?

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    He refused because he knew the writers would see to it that Satine was killed no matter what he did.

Or: he's human and he's not perfect.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    There are no more epic stories to tell, he has been replaced and the only thing that saved him is the fact Sidious was impressed with his survival. Maul is about to become a useful test subject, who will be shown no mercy... I wonder if he will last as long as Venamis.

fistofan1 likes this.
  9. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I'm hoping we see more about the relationship between Mother Talzin and the Sith, we'll probably find out that Sidious and Talzin dated back in the day or they are brother and sister or maybe both.

pronker likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    possibly and didn't Filoni say that we will see Talzin again in S6?

11. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Not sure if he did say S6 but he did say her story isn't over and we'll find out why she wants Maul so bad.

12. herp_derp

herp_derp Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2011
    Maybe Maul will be roommates with the zillo beast at where ever the hell Palpatine keeps these things.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes but in the plot it's partly his fault.

I hope you understand it, imagine if Obi Wan was killed like that, someone who has a close relationship with him could get help can could have changed the situation but didn't choose to. I guess you will not be very fine with that person as well.

14. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    This was truly a great episode from beginning to end and a great end to the Maul Arc. Action was great helped by the animation the fight between Sidious, Maul and Savage while good still is slightly below the Vizsla VS Maul fight probably because that like Dave said on a behind the scenes vid felt like an act in it's own right whereas this fight does appear towards the end though it's really entertaining and Sidious moves fast for an old guy. The emotional scenes are really strong Savage and Satine's deaths being brutal and powerful and well performed and speaking of that acting was great. Clancy Brown, Anna Graves and Katee Sackoff all did great but the true stars that shine here are James Arnold Taylor, Sam Witwer and the late Ian Abercrombie. This was my favourite performance James has given as Obi-Wan and I hope they are working on getting Sam an emmy for his brillaint, chilling, dark, emotionally fragile and intimidating as hell portrayal of Maul in this episode. Ian in his final performance does great and it's sad this is his last but it is a good thing that his final performance is his best. Really a great episode and will definitely rank in my favourite episode list among some of my other favourites. Great job to everyone involved in this episode and I hope next week's episode and the ones following will be just as good.

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan is my favorite non-TCW character. I'm not mad at Luke and Han for not being able to save him on the Death Star and I'm not mad at Vader for killing him. Same goes for my favorite TCW characters when their time comes. It's war.

All these stories took place A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. Satine would have died at some point anyways.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yoda's line in ROTS gets backed up by this episode, Kenobi would have gotten crushed if he went after the Emperor instead of riding with Padme.

17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    He'd have been gutted "like a Rokarian dirt-fish" the second he walked through the door..

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  18. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    For the many problems I have with TCW, I must admit this episode was pretty damn good. Darth Sidious in action makes anything better.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    But Luke and Han got no other ways, they even need Obi Wan to save them. And it's not like Satine gave up to get killed.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  21. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    My god its episodes like this that make the Jedis utter idiots. Palps sneaks off world to Mandalore busts out the force and no one senses him at all. Come on Obi-wan that is just pathetic.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    if Yoda can't sense the dark side in Palps, neither would Obi-Wan,

23. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yes but there is a difference when the guy is using the frakking dark side. Sure I can understand when Palps is standing around doing nothing but come on he is using force chokes and force lightning. How the frak is he covering himself when he is using the force?

But even ignoring the force use, come on Palps sneaks off and the same day Maul and Savage fall. It does not take a genius to put 2 and 2 together.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yoda could not sense it before because Sidious was hiding his power, but once he showed out his power that's a different story.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    But the only geniuses are those on this board; the GFFA has none.