main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode deserves a 10/10

2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Poor Maul, looks like he's off to Mount Tantiss with the rest of the stuff Palpatine forgets about.

InterestingLurker and V-2 like this.
  3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Dude, no way they are going that route. TCW is a pretty dark show theese days, but it aint never going to be that dark.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    S6 should air right now!

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Man. I watched the first three seasons of this show, and got derailed from seasons 4 and 5. While flipping through the channels, I caught this episode- absolutely unbelievable what they're doing, graphically with the battle scenes and especially that final saber duel.

Fantastic episode, but now I need to go figure out how Darth Maul is alive. :p

6. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    My only disappointment with this episode is that Maul was still alive by the end of it. Satine and Kenobi were great, loved the Mando vs. Mando battle, and of course Lord Sidious' performance was spectacular.

10/10.

7. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think we had a grand total of 4 Mauldalorian designs: two variations on the black handprint over the mask, the one Kenobi wore with a design based off Maul's tattoos, and the spiked helmet design. The first two were most of Maul's troops, while the latter two only appeared once. I kind of hope that we actually see more of these guys; it's a very aggressive design, and I like it.

Maybe Maul survives and retains nominal control of Mandalore for Sidious, or the Republic invasion pushes them into the arms of the Seperatists. Either way, I'm fully expecting Mando versus Clone action next season.

8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    'Brother' count this week: 3.

pronker and JackG like this.
  9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I don't think Obi-Wan "recoiled" as much as much as gently pushed her back because "escape" was foremost in his mind, not rescue. Though, yes, a return hug would have been nice.

The Google+ video had Filoni clearly state he wanted Bo to be Satine's sister. So - okay...[face_whistling] In fact, loved that they wouldn't even touch some of the "possibilities" to avoid starting any fan debates (I suspect it was the "Korkie is Obi-Wan and Satine's love child" rumor).

For all that was packed into this episode, it didn't feel nearly so "rushed" as the prior episodes and I found there fewer "questions" to worry over like a bone. Sure, there were issues...

Edit: Amazon just delivered the book!!!!!!!!! Now to compare.

pronker likes this.
  10. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    how did savage get off balance, and for so long? i didn't really scrutinize the duel...

Bo-Katan likes this.
  11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Dude, that was my whole point. There is nothing more for TCW to tell on the Maul front.

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably a silly idea... but perhaps they had two endings planned? The ending that was in the book and then the ending we got...

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh. My. God. What an episode!
    -Sidious vs. Maul and Savage was amazing, easily one of the best duels of the series. Savage did very well considering how quickly Sidious killed those three Jedi in ROTS.
    -When Maul pulled out his darksaber and it was him and Sidious with two sabers each, wow that was epic.
    -I'm surprised Maul still called Sidious his master and not just start threatening him straight away.
    -Obi-Wan and the Mandos vs. Maul's Mandos was great, I really like Bo-Katan now after she helped Obi-Wan.
    -Bo-Katan being Satine's sister was a surprise, maybe she'll take her place as the Duchess of Mandalore once they've sorted everything out there, if they ever do, because it doesn't look like Mandalore will be how it used to be any time soon.
    -Satine's death was sad, but I knew it would happen. I'm surprised how well Obi-Wan handled it, yes you could tell he was emotional, but still, I thought he would've shown a little bit of anger by starting a fight with Maul or something.
    -I loved how Obi-Wan was complaining about the Twilight and it was leaking oil and falling apart, that was funny.
    -That scene in the elevator was quite funny too.
    -Overall it was an amazing episode! 10/10.

14. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Dude, there so is. Maul leading his army to war against the jedi.

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What so the next arc is the last arc?

16. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Was a good episode. Was a good fight. But still felt rushed.

17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Wow, Maul went from badass to beggar in one episode. I'm actually more sorry for Savage's death than Satine's. And Bo-Katan is Satine's sister.. meh.

I prefer the theory that Palps was faking his fight with Mace in RotS, and I think this episode supports it. Palps was awesome in this. What took him so long?

18. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Yes. Four episodes, then that's it. This is due to a scheduling reshuffle of the Clovis arc, which now looks like could be part of Season 6, a standalone special or a DVD exclusive. Most seem to bet it is the former.

19. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    MIND BLOWN - 10/10

- I knew it was coming, but I ugly cried when Satine was killed. I didn't realize what happened until she started steaming.
    - I LOVE how they showed Palpatine as Sidious; I wonder why they did that.
    - So sad to see Mandalore falling to wreck
    - LOVE Sidious effortlessly duelling Maul and Savage
    - Savage's death made me cheer
    - Felt so sorry for Bo-Katan, I couldn't have guessed that she was Satine's sister :(
    - Beautiful animation all round

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree with this a bit too. The Krell arc was great and Rex stole the show as a charachter.

The Hardeen arc was good but could have cut that episode where they are in the games room it was really pointless and it makes no difference to the arc.

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah, because he was speechless.

22. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    As Imnotastarwasfanboy would attest, randy is a beast....

Bo-Katan likes this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Sorry for interupting but what's with all the Dude this and Dude that, is this Maul and Savages Excellent Adventure or something ;)

24. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Luke Vs Vader in RotJ. Sidious makes Luke enraged by threatening Leia, Luke beats the **** out of Vader.