main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is it a stretch to call the prequels some of the worst films ever made?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feelicks

Feelicks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2012
    I would say, yes. VERY much of a stretch. The Phantom Menace & Attack of The Clones, mediocre? Maybe. Some of the worst films ever made? Far from it, and ROTS is just out of the equation, period. There were much worse films during the period of 1999-2005, and regardless of the quality of the prequels themselves, there's one thing that matters. I had fun watching them. I enjoyed them, and ROTS is my 3rd favorite film in the saga, right before ESB and ROTJ.

So, is it truly a stretch to call the PT some of the worst films ever made, or is it cold, hardened fact that cannot be denied?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Anybody who says they are has never seen Zardoz.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The prequels are good films. Not great, but good. Therefore not among the worst ever made.

4. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I would not say that they are the worst movies ever made at all. In my opinion they seemed kind of rushed and many things left open. Example which is a thread that i started a few days ago... Order 66.... The making of the clones...That is just one small example of what i would call "not clear" or "rushed" Lucas should have cleaned that up a little bit.

Worst movies ever made.... Far from it. Still very entertaining great CGI.... etc... : )

benknobi1 likes this.
  5. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    There are many people out there who still try to make this claim. Obviously its all opinion regardless, but there is no way someone could call them that unless they are flat out hate mongering on them which does happen in online forums.

6. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Yes. And my icon agrees with me.

windu4, Feelicks and Admiral Volshe like this.
  7. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Personally, I think the music and the visual imagery alone elevate the PT above at least fifty percent of other films. But that's just my opinion.

8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    It's Star Wars (no matter how much most of us wish it was not) and that make a okay movie trilogy for me.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  9. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    No, people who think that are just..........................incorrect.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  10. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    It's quite the stretch. The Prequels carry very little differences when compared to the Original Trilogy, and by that I mean the "under the hood mechanics". The plotting, the story, the script, the dialogue. It all feels very Star Wars, it should, it's all by the same man. And the Prequels stand up just as well as the Original Trilogy. There are movies out there far worse, because these aren't bad films. They may not be groundbreaking, but there wasn't a need to be, Star Wars was already, itself, a groundbreaking achievement from a pop culture and technological stand point.

11. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    The Prequels have such a bad name cause they didn't "live up" to everyone's expectations, after what the OT gave us. But as movies themselves they were good IMO. I also think the Prequels were actually not that bad. Some cheesy parts and some weird parts but other than that I liked them!

Now Movie 43, Robot Monster, etc...those are bad movies.

12. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    According to Internet Movie Database, the worst movie ever made is called "Daniel - Der Zauberer (Daniel - The Wizard)". The story is about forces of evil capturing singer Daniel Küblböck (played by himself), who came to nation-wide fame like a lot of fans by winning a talent search show in Germany. His haters want to hinder Küblböck from giving a concert in his home city of Passau to destroy his public reputation somehow, but his through magical powers he manages to escape this trap. BETTER THAN THE PREQUELS!!!!

13. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    I have yet to see movie 43. It has a ton of hollwood names in it! Is it really that bad? Lol.

14. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    I have seen several of the movies on imdbs bottom 100! :p

15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  16. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Seen part of it. Very bad. R.T. gave it like a 2%

17. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Anyone who says the prequels are the worst movies ever made has never seen Battlefield Earth or anything made by Ed Wood.

Andy Wylde and Julius Vernon like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ROTS is one of the best movies ever! AOTC and TPM might not be the best SW movies ever but they are still pretty good.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There is no "cold, hard fact that cannot be denied" regarding opinions on whether a film was good. It's all subjective and very much up to personal taste.

Some people do think that the prequels were some of the worst films ever made. They aren't wrong. Neither are those who think that the prequels were some of the best films ever made.

But this argument gets repeated over and over again, with a few very insecure people who feel that they cannot just have an opinion, they must insist to everyone that their opinion is the only "correct" one.

Personally, I thought ROTS sucked, I enjoyed TPM and I enjoyed AOTC even more.

20. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Yes, it is very much a stretch. It's an opinion that not all of the STAR WARS fans share, considering the number of Prequel Trilogy fan sites or sites for the entire saga I have come across. I'm certain there are many fans and critics who believe that the PT films are among the worst ever made. But there are many who feel differently. As "anakinfansince1983" pointed out, this idea is subjective, not fact.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's not even a stretch, the prequels are not even close to being the worst films ever made.

A stretch would imply that its close, in this case trying to stretch the prequels into "some of the worst films ever made" would result in complete structural failure long before it even got comparable to the actual worst films ever made.

22. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Battleship was the worst movie ever made.

23. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    As horrible as they are, it may only be accurate to say they are the worst Star Wars movies ever made. The list of non-Star Wars movies that are worse just goes on and on.

24. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Anakinfan is correct

film is art and all art is subjective

to some they are the worst films ever made, to those people they are not wrong

some people think the opposite, they aren't wrong either

25. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Worst films ever made? Not even close. They were disappointingly mediocre and they didn't live up to people's expectations of a Star Wars film but to say they are the worst films ever goes too far. The dialogue needs a lot of work, that's for sure. I'm not going to say they're over-reliant on CGI because you've go to remember that the budget, while large, is not infinitely large.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.