main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    It was implied that ws the way to force ghost. To keep your consciousness whilst becoming one with the force. As I type this I'm realizing how absurd this conversation is. The guy did what I'm saying....he meditated and became one with the force whilst keeping his consciousness. He and Palpatine also meditated and shifted the force to the dark side. Later his experiments with cheating death focused not on becoming one with the force but on midichlorine manipulation. Have you read the book (or listened to the audiobook)?

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Sounds like a misunderstanding of the original plan for the book: to have Plagueis and Qui-Gon on parallel quests for immortality. Except the form of immortality found by Qui-Gon isn't the same one that was studied by Plagueis.

3. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, go google another source if you care. I heard what I heard (while listening to the audiobook). Unless I was hallucinating or something. I don't think that happened.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Force ghosting is a one-way street. If you intend the phrase "keep your consciousness whilst becoming one with the Force" to mean Force ghosting, it does not make sense to say that Plagueis did this at some point during the book. Plagueis was never depicted as a ghost in the novel. Becoming a Force ghost would have been a permanent thing. Or are you saying this is what actually happened at the end? Because that is not established by the book.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The phrase "discorporate" is used in the context of Plagueis & Palpatine tipping the balance:

p347-348
    Brazen and shameless, and at their own mortal peril, they had waged etheric war, anticipating that their own midi-chlorians, the Force's proxy army, might marshal to boil their blood or stop the beating of their hearts. Risen out of themselves, discorporate and as a single entity, they had brought the power of their will to bear, asserting their sovereignty over the Force. No counterforce had risen against them. In what amounted to a state of rapture, they knew that the Force had yielded, as if some deity had been tipped from its throne. On the fulcrum they had fashioned, the light side had dipped and the dark side had ascended.

V-2 likes this.
  6. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Read the book. This is my last post on the subject. I'm not discussing this any further. I don't care enough to spend time "proving" i'm right. Read the book. Have you read it? No. Read it.

edit...I mean...listen to it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC76AFFD98104F0B6

V-2 likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I would like to see a female villain based upon Malificent. "Now shall you deal with me, Jedi. And all the powers of The Darkside!"

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I appreciate your breaking up this Plagueis argument.

9. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Check out that guys youtube page. Some good audiobooks on there. Free stuff is cool.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But that's not Force ghosting.

That's good, because I already posted why what you're saying doesn't make sense, twice. You don't seem to understand the significance of the part about keeping your consciousness. If "becoming one with the Force whilst keeping consciousness" just means something that you do by meditation, then walk away from, and afterwards you're a corporeal being as usual as opposed to a ghost, why is there a focus on "keeping consciousness"? Wouldn't the retention of consciousness be considered a given in such a case? The reason keeping consciousness is cited as a feature of Force ghosting, and is understood to not be a needless and redundant qualification, is because of the fact that Force ghosting involves a form of death - at least of the physical body. Ghosting isn't just something you do, and then later you're doing other stuff, and you're there in your physical body like nothing happened. But at this point it looks like I'm just repeating myself and you're refusing to address the argument.

The only way I know that your claim does not accurately reflect the contents of the book is because I read it. That's why I was hoping you could tell me where in the book this supposedly takes place.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke becomes a Force ghost (blue, transparent, unable to interact with objects) in Jedi Academy book 3: Champions of the Force thanks to Kun.- yet his body is still alive, and when Kun's vanquished, he's able to return to his body.

Maybe what Plagueis & Sidious were doing was like that, but intentionally- only they fused into one "Plagious" ghost for the duration.

V-2 likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Whatever power Exar Kun had that separated Luke from his body, I don't think Plagueis and Sidious had it. It seems probable that it's related to essence transfer, which they did not have access to.

13. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Of course, but you seem stuck on the idea that somehow that implies some same bad guy hanging around. When they're all dead.

V-2 likes this.
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Wow you can pretty much summarize this whole thread with just Plagueis and "how can this character be revived" talk. :rolleyes:

15. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Should we just make a general "Darth Plagueis in the ST" thread or something?

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Sure, anything anyone says in here is opinion as nobody really knows anything at this point. That being said, we all have our opinions, and we all base our opinions on our own interpretation of Star Wars. For me, my interpretation comes from the films only in terms of story and characters, as well as the history of how the story has developed and changed over the years stemming from things Lucas has said, additions and changes to the films, and things in the PT that seem to me to stick out as purposeful placements to leave doors open for the ST that we now know we are getting.

What the new struggle will be to replace the Empire is unknown, but that was a backdrop for the Skywalker story. There will be a new struggle in it place, but again, it will be a backdrop to the Skywalker story, which is really what Star Wars is in the films. (Maybe later we will be non-Episode movies that won't fall into this.)

Syfo-Dias in Ep II, the Plagueis story in Ep III, and Yoda saying that the prophecy may have been mis-read are screaming open doors for the ST. The later two more so, but I have a feeling we will get a little more on the Syfo-Dias thing as well.

Am I right? Don't know until 2015.

17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I didnt say nothing would be new, just not the main villain. And by new I mean that they will not be someone who we have never heard or and/or is not somehow connected to the existing story.

There will be a new struggle/challenge/job/obsticle that will replace the Rebellion vs. The Empire, but we dont know what that is yet. But as in the PT and OT, tht struggle will be the backdrop of the Skywalker story, which is continuing. In what capacity? We dont know yet.

But yes, anything is possible at this point.

Vastor likes this.
  18. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    We're in complete harmony with the idea that the source of the threat is somewhere and somehow connected to the OT and/or PT. It has to have roots.

Don't you love this?

Sorry...just so giddy. I honestly never thought I would have a chance to take my daughters to a new Star Wars film.

Not sure how many of you were around on these forums (and there was another website called "Watto's Junkyard" that I think faded away) during the PT....but the fun is just beginning around here. :)

V-2 and Seagoat like this.
  19. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

Sidious was such a powerful Sith Lord that no Jedi was his equal. It would be quite different in the ST when Luke is more powerful than the anatagonist Sith. I think we could have a baddie that doesn't have to be more powerful than all the Jedi in order to threaten the galaxy.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Yoda was his equal. I watched them fight. That said, I do like what you're thinking. The Sith will be (possibly) starting from scratch. My thought is that the Sith are essentially going to catch Luke completely off-guard.

21. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Ah, I see, you believe the threat itself is something that started as a breadcrumb trail over the course of the prequel trilogy. I understand now. I still have to disagree, as I feel like it's time for something fresh, and a whole new entity that will represent the new evil, and not connected to any existing film. But, they have attempted to bring back Darth Plagueis for the Force Unleashed, and Lucas was heavily involved in that product, so you could be on to something.

Maybe we all are. The villain could be a non-force user acting as a literal puppet master using Plagueis trapped spirit for his dirty work.

22. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Dude....**** off already. If you think I'm going to sit in front of my computer and sift through the audio book you're smoking crack. I don't like you. Stop quoting my posts. Thank you.

23. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Let's keep the baiting/personal attacks turned to "off" please.

Jedi Merkurian and V-2 like this.
  24. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    It can't be Plagueis because Sidious killed him. Thrawn would be interesting...but that doesn't really introduce a powerful force using foe into the mix. Nom Anor is possible...as long as the entirety of the Yuuzhan Vong war comes with it. Maybe Jacen Solo's fall to darkness?

25. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    The only thing
    The only thing that worries me about them introducing an entirely new Sith Lord is the fact that besides Jacen Solo, there really isn't another Sith Lord whom they could introduce unless they disregard the entire 60 years worth of story line that followed the end of episode 6. What they could do is introduce the New Sith Order, but doesn't Luke die before the New Sith Order completely rises to power? Its my understanding that Luke will be in episode 7 so I don't know how that will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.