main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    My knowledge of middle-class ships begins and ends with the Millenium Falcon. There's a reason I'm a starfighter pilot, it's so much easier: you don't need to know ships classes, you just shoot at what they tell you to shoot at :p

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Just a quick perusal of the scouts (I trended away from CEC because we already have a couple of those in game) brought up some options. Take one of these if you like Becca or I can keep looking.

A-24 Sleuth (my Jedi Character on the offsite RP uses one of these).
    Jumpmaster 5000
    Vanguard Pathfinder

These are all around during the rebellion era so they would be quite old, but there is no shortage of older vessels amongst the GoL.

[​IMG]

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Which GoL ship is oldest, Bard'ika? Just interested!

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    The JumpMaster or the Pathfinder look like what I'm after, thanks Bardan [:D] I'll have to think on which one I'll pick but I don't know that I could have found them myself.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't know the histories of them all Tim, so I have no idea.

I find it strange that Taab, flying around in a re-purposed Jedi J-1 shuttle may have one of the newer vessels of the bunch. Even his bes'uliik is probably newer then many of the ships sitting in the hanger bays.

EDIT: [:D] All a part of the service Becca.

[​IMG]

MandoBones likes this.
  7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I know what the oldest is. JM and Chewies ship. It's got to be at least a few thousand years old considering the Ebon Hawk from KOTOR is the same class :p

8. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Hey I'm a girl version of Han Solo I like to modify my ship :p

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Eira can't really afford much of a ship, hence the old and small and cheap - she just wanted off-planet so she could find her missing sister and got the cheapest thing she could find. So it's also probably in bad condition and may combust upon re-entry. Who knows :p

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Danny rebuilt his after it crash-landed :p

Of course that is now over a decade ago in game, but still :p

11. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Don't forget, by the time of FotJ, ships like the Falcon were considered as relics by that point. Han's blaster was considered ancient during the Vong War.

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I also have no idea what Eira's going to do in-game, but CPL and you lot might have ideas once I actually finish the CS. Which I've been saying I'd do for weeks now, I think :p Someone needs to kick my butt, all I have left to do is the personality section.

13. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    *Kicks Becca's butt in an -I'm-so-happy-you're-almost-done-type way*

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  14. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I finally have my task done. Here it is:

The Force
    "Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."​
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-​
    "The Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." ​
    -Chancellor Palpatine-​
    The Force. What is there to say about the Force. First and foremost the Force holds critical importance to both the Jedi and Sith orders. There were many aspects to the Force outside of the usual Light and Dark sides, including the Unifying force and the Living force. Also it gave you abilities and powers normal people couldn't do. ​
    Around 36,500 BBY philosophers and scientists from several star systems gathered on Tython to share their mystical knowledge, thus the Force was "discovered". Then almost 10,000 years later some of those scholars and scientists started using their Force knowledge to pursue power thus leading to the beginning of the Force War in 25,793 BBY. The planet of Tython was destroyed almost completely, but a group of peace following monks that survived began and established the Jedi Order in 25,783 BBY. ​
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." ​
    -Yoda-​
    Now the Jedi Order is one of the main practitioners of the Light Side of the force. The light side of the Force was concerned with the ideals of good, benevolence, and healing. Followers of the light side strove to live in harmony with the world around them, acting out of wisdom and logic rather than anger and hasty judgment. Its practitioners would often meditate to clear themselves of emotion; particularly negative emotions such as aggression, fear, anger, and hatred, since these were thought to bring on acceptance of the dark side. Passion was considered dangerous, as it could lead to strong emotions that could unbalance the Jedi and lead them to the Dark Side. Love was, curiously enough, seen as something both Jedi and Sith avoided. Most of the Traditional Jedi were aware and keen to keeping the Force "In balance". ​
    "The strength of the dark side lies with the power of the individual. The Force comes from within."
    -Darth Bane-
    The other side to two main practitioners of the Force is the Sith Order, which to some is the polar opposite to the Jedi Order. The dark side of the Force was considered by the Jedi to be the element aligned with fear, hatred, aggression, and malice toward all living things. Such emotions seemed to increase the strength and abilities of a user of the dark side, providing a path towards personal power and the destruction or control of all opposition. There were some Jedi who could use dark side powers. They were known as Dark Jedi and some well-known figures that could do this were Galen Marek, Luke Skywalker, and Jaden Korr. The Sith Lord Darth Bane issued the "Rule of Two" which is where there can only be two Sith Lords can be around at a time to help solidify and hone the powers of the dark side better. It gets broken frequently though most of the time. ​
    There are a few extra aspects followed by the Jedi being the Living Force and the Unifying Force. The concept of the Unifying Force was that the Force is a single entity and has neither a light nor a dark side. Followers of the Unifying Force always kept their eyes open for future possibilities. In the end, it resulted in them trying to fulfill a destiny rather than focusing on here and now, as the Living Force supporter would do. The Living Force, on the other hand, was a view on the Force, accepted by the majority of Jedi throughout ages. The Living Force was thought to be present in most living beings, surrounding and penetrating them, thus making all living things connected by it. The Jedi believing in the Living Force relied on their instincts and were attuned to other living beings around them. The Living Force was viewed as having both the light and the dark side. The Jedi always had to be mindful of their actions to avoid the temptations of the dark side. Through following the Living Force, several Jedi were able to retain their identities after their physical death, becoming one with the Force and able to manifest themselves as Force Ghosts.​
    There were many different groups who used Force teachings and instructed different philosophies, force powers, etc. other then the Sith and Jedi Orders including the Aing-Tii monks, the Nightsisters of Dathomir, the Krath, Ewok shamens, the Fallanassi, Potentium Heretics, Chatos Academy, Dark Jedi, as well as many others. ​
    Manifestations of the Force, which were mentally-based abilities and tapped through the practitioner's willpower, could take all forms, and included telepathy, psychokinesis, and enhanced physical and metaphysical perception. The Force could be used to bend the will of weak-minded beings and guide an adept's body. Palpatine mentioned that the Force could help one cheat death, or create life, though it was only mastered by Darth Plagueis. The Force played a major part in the Jedi use of a lightsaber, in that their heightened awareness kept them from accidentally injuring themselves while using the weapon in combat, as the blade had no relative weight, making it difficult to judge its position. Similarly, the Force allowed a Jedi to use his/her lightsaber to deflect incoming blaster bolts. The Force also came into play during the construction of a lightsaber, both in assembling its intricate innards, and the initial charging of the power cell. ​
    Master JediFalcon the deed is done​

JediFalcon likes this.
  15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    So... I guess I should just pass along the CS to CPL_Macja now? It is done... or as done as I can get without discussing it with someone.

Runjedirun likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, for being done :D

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So now we bug CPL until he approves it right? :p

[​IMG]

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    So no praise for getting my task done? :p

19. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Yes, Becca, that is what you do.

Bardan, question for you on yim.

Looks pretty good JM77. :)

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Jedi tasks don't concern me, I rarely if ever praise them. I leave that for the master to deal with their student.

EDIT: shab, I am being summoned. :p

[​IMG]

21. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Good job JM77!

22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I feel like that was forced Chewie :p (I kid I kid)

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes, you guys bother CPL, I'll go play Jedi Academy and, er, train.

24. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    Good evenin', shiny Jedi lovelies. Sorry about dropping out for...y'know, all day. I kept having to explain that no matter how sassy and fabulous you might be, the rules still apply to you, regardless of whether you like it or not.

25. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.