main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Hopefully I can have it up by the end of the night

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
  3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, I'll go up to form V for now, at least. Probably won't have it done for a couple days, classes and such. (And I'm still looking for something to use as a stand-in for a lightsabre so I can try the forms out myself :p)

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I have an umbrella to use should I want to work on my own Form II/V :p

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    If you have a normal length umbrella, Becca, that might do! ;)

How far along are you in Academy? Interested, since I was writing up a Walkthrough before Darth Ep 7 put everything post-RotJ EU into the grey area of canon!

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Not very far, I don't think - I wanted the game when it came out a decade ago, saw it in with the $5 games last fall and grabbed it. But I'm really not that good at video games and I haven't spent very long playing it. Enjoying my blue twi'lek Jaden, though :D I'm currently on a mission with Kyle on this planet with acid rain stuff, it's driving me nuts, I keep dying.

EDIT: I do have an umbrella, but the thing with lightsabres is that they're not weighted - all of the weight is in the grip, and none in the sabre itself, so the balance would be all wrong. Of course, there's not really anything I can do about that, as we can't make anything quite like that :p

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Ah...the Vjun mission. Fun times :p

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Use a large balloon filled half with helium and half with normal air attached to... something.

9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    See the edit Sarge :p

I got close at least :p

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pretteh sure I answered before you edited! :p

Either way, I linked to a wooki article so I win <.<

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'll probably just use an umbrella - I actually forgot I had one, the person here before me left it behind, and I don't usually use full-size umbrellas, I like pocket ones.

I hate that planet so much right now. If it weren't against the TOS I'd have put a lot of curse words in there. Between the spacetroopers (I think they're spacetroopers?) and the acid rain and Kyle being completely unhelpful, I keep ragequitting.

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  14. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes, that's the one. Giant ... stupid ... troopers with stupid cannon things.

15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    If you want any tips, Becca, please PM me -- I'm past Vjun on my walkthrough (just 1 Tier 3 Mission and the final Missions to go)! I would need to know what elective Force Powers you've assigned yourself, though!

P.S. Best tactic against Hazard Troopers is to let Kyle "You think you can take me!" Katarn deal with them for you!

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Healing. Healing healing healing. I would be so beyond dead if I hadn't levelled that one up until I couldn't anymore. I can't help but be a light sider now because I use healing way too much. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, and I'm not looking to get all the secrets or anything, I'm just playing for fun, but it's frustrating as all and if I can't get through it on my next sit down I may take you up on that :)

17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Please do! :) I have helped a few people out with my knowledge of Jedi Outcast (my first Walkthrough), and I'm always glad to get someone unstuck!

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It probably would have helped if I'd played the first two Jedi Knight games... ah well, I like this one well enough, I get to pick my species :D That was about 98% of the reason I wanted to play it :p

19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Pearlsaber, please tell me the name of one Jedi from the Galactic Defenders era of the Guardians of light. Use the wiki and please do not use Booster Errant.

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Dark Forces (never played it - may be unotainable or not compatible with modern systems).

Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight (also never played it)

Mysteries of the Sith (expansion pack to the above - Kyle and Mara - had a chance to buy, but never saw DF II on sale, useless without it)

Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast (really enjoyed it - even loophole controls actually operate the shutters!)

Jedi Academy

Are all the games in the series!

21. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    BultarSwan CPL_Macja

Grandmaster,

Corran Starthorne was a JediMaster in that period who ultimately fell to the Dark Side.

EDIT: He later returned back to the light side by the influence of Miria Lihana.

Sorry :p

PS

22. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Not quite

23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    @Pearlsabe. Next I would like you to write as if you are telling someone about him who has never heard of Corran Starthorne before. Who is he? ect.

24. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Corran Starthorne was born on the planet of Corellia. He became strong in the ways of the force very early on in life, even mastering telekeneis. This skill was very rare among Corellians. He was trained in the ways of the Force by his Father, who taught him how to wield a lightsaber, excellence in training, etc.

Corran eventually found love with his wife Kaira. While on a trip together, Corran and his wife's ship was raided by pirates. The pirates overpowered a Jedi on board, who was not particularly strong in the Force. The Jedi clumsily deflected a blaster bolt, which pierced Kaira's chest, resulting in her death.

In a downward spiral, Corran resigned the Jedi way and joined the New Sith Order. He eventually met a Jedi woman named Miria Lahana during the wars of Goreh. Miria had lost family members, like Corran. They eventually found their fates connected and she aided in returning Corran to the light side.

Here you are, Grandmaster. BultarSwan

PS

25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Looks good, PearlSaber. I'll have another one for you either tonight or some time tomorrow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.