main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think there's some Chewie-lover logic in there, too.

Still, if it makes for a better film (and I think it would), I'm all for Chewie appearing.

2. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    If you think Boba Fett is to old he can always have as many clone daughters as he needs to takeout the new Jedi

[​IMG]

3. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Sure. I think we can agree then that children in SW movies = a bad idea. Avoid at all costs.

Back on topic, it seems the only way for Boba to return would be to schism the EU and movie universes into 2 distinct and separate entities. It would delight many, and outrage many at the same time. What a conundrum.

IMO he's best left alone.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't see any reason Boba cannot apear without any long-winded explanation. No flashbacks, no discussion. The fact that he's there is all the information we need to know he survived. As to what he's been up to in the interim, well, we can use our imaginations or the EU stories just as we'll likely have to do for most of our returning heroes.

The need for any two distinct, separate universes could arise from any story element in these pictures, as Disney/LucasFilm are not expected to limit themselves by adhering too closely to the established EU.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He could be scarred as a callback to his near-death.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly, I'm glad someone is saying this. All Boba could do is say "You know how long it took me to get out of that thing!?" to Luke and Han or something like that, and that would explain it all.

TreborSabreon and lord_eidolon like this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, and as Arawn says, when Boba takes off his helmet to say it, Temuera's (hopefully) scarred-up face could really send it home.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh definitely, that'd be great to see, and I'd love to see Temuera return, an actor from my country playing the most badass villain ;)

Graphic and TreborSabreon like this.
  9. -Fett-

-Fett- Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    there is a time for everything i suppose.
    thus, the draw for disney to "tell the rest of the story".
    fett ?? a return for a solid roll in a new trilogy (or any part thereof), perhaps not.
    fett ?? a cameo, this would be all that is necessary to "light the fett fan fires" ... not that they have been dowsed.
    he's out there in the EU; a quick screenshot of him or slave i in the background or a shot of would be a welcome surprise.
    however, let's not get ourselves pulled into the new saga expecting too many peices of the past to sew it all together (visually).

10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Boba Fett is dead. He died in a movie and is slowly being digested by that sand slug. That doesn't mean another clone of Jango Fett or the offspring of Boba wouldn't come along and wear the armor. There are a lot of possibilities there-- all of them better than having to bog the movie down in pointless exposition of how Boba Fett didn't actually die in ROTJ.

Chewie will be in the ST. He died in some book that no longer matters.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Slowly digested and dead are different things. Fett will be back. Count on it.

12. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Respect the Sarlacc!!! It killed Boba Fett!!!

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I say bring back Boba fett...but like this

fett 4 likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Bring back Fett as Robocop!!

15. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Once you're being digested, you're dead.

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    He should get a cameo at most. Nothing against the character, but he and Mandalorians in general have been used extensively through the years. He doesn't have the mysterious edge he used to posess before AOTC. I'd rather see a new "underworld" villain.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    According to the Wook the Sarlacc keeps you alive while digesting you. That's how Fett escaped in the EU. You might die of old age but since Fett is 30 something no chance of that. He might lose a limb but he won't die from it

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    That's according to outside material. I base my opinions on what is contained in the four corners of the six films. You have a different reference point so this is just going to go in a circle.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. Movie wise it is then. What was C-3PO's quote? You will experience a new definition of pain and suffering while you are slowly digested over a thousand years. How is he going to be dead from that? Fett is a Bounty Hunter. I'm certain he has many tools that would allow him to escape the Sarlacc.

20. DowClimber

DowClimber Jedi Padawan

Jan 26, 2013
    I think when everyone first saw TESB, they saw this badass looking bounty hunter in the background and everyone talked about how underrated this character was, and continued talking about Boba being underrated until he became overrated.

I think Lucas definitely should have given him a bigger role in the OT rather than killing him off anti-climatically, but it's too late to change that now.

The thing is, Boba was underutilized in the OT and we didn't really get the chance to see him being the badass that he looked like. Now, people are saying "hey, Ep. VII will give us the chance to finally see Boba Fett being a badass!" But he was 35 in ROTJ, making him about 65 in VII. Why would they go out of their way to include a character who would be too old to actually be the badass we want to see him be? And if he's just going to make a cameo - it would require an awful lot of exposition (to explain why he's still alive) for a character who's not essential to the plot.

IMO this is the best thing about the Disney deal - not only do we get the ST, but we get spinoff movies too so we don't have to shoehorn characters we want to see into the main storyline. I think that one of the first spinoff movies they make should definitely be an all Boba Fett movie where we see him in his prime - there's clearly a huge demand for it among fans. But there's no reason to go out of your way to work a 65 year old Boba Fett into a movie where he's probably unnecessary. Giving him an entire spinoff movie makes a lot more sense that resurrecting him for VII, I think.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    "The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable Solo" works pretty well for me.

22. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    I think I'd rather see him in his own spin-off movie than in Episode 7, but I'm definitely in favor of him returning.

And to all the people saying he's dead: he's not. He's either "discovering a new definition of pain and suffering" while being "slowly digested over a thousand years" in the Sarlacc's stomach, or he escaped. Either way, he'll still be alive in Episode 7 (unless there's a huge time jump between it and episode 6).

23. DarthLazious28273

DarthLazious28273 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2013
    I think seeing Boba Fett in this movie would be a good choice and maybe with out his helmet on too.

24. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    I hope so, it'd be nice to see him in full glory.

25. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    I remember reading somewhere about Lucas adding an extra scene of Boba escaping the sarlaac pit. Will look for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.