main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How good will Ep. VII be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Julius Vernon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Its going to be good. How good? It could only be better if Disney would hire prostitutes to go down on us while we watch the movie.

2. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I've got high hopes.....one of the reasons I'm hanging out here again with you fine people. I love the build up too....all the speculation, leaks and announcements etc. Good times for all

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    and wearing Mickey Mouse ears while they did it.

4. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Now that I've read that, I must take a shower and crawl into the fetal position for three days...

5. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I'm reserving all opinions until the actual trailer and movie come out. I am excited, but we barely know anything about the film. So until a further time, I present you with this clip.

LawJedi likes this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Pretty damn good, hopefully.

7. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Currently my order of how good they are is this:

5>3>4=2>6>1

I'm hoping it will at least be better than 4 and 2. But of course I really do want it to be the best one ever. However I think it will be extraordinarily difficult for it to best 5. After so many years of watching 5 with such fondness and love, it's very difficult for me to visualize a science fiction movie better than it. There's just so much awesomeness there, it would take a miracle to best it.

8. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I hope it will be like this: Sitting in the Theatre, the Credits run off, the Movie is finished and lights go on. And i just sit there totally withdrawn into myself and think of the possibilty, that there is finally an Star Wars movie that could be diffrent and darker than V. More magical than IV and more emotional than III or VI.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    It'sa being maxi-big BOMBAD good!

EMPEROR_WINDU likes this.
  10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well yes I'm not a prequel hater....Episode 3 is my favorite Star Wars movie & for alot of reasons Episode 2 is better than Episode 4 .

11. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Good for you. The prequels are solid, fun films, just as good as the original films. I loved Episode 3, but 5 will always have a special place in my heart. There's no reason for anyone to behave aggressively against that.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    I don't hate the prequels either (other than the dialogue). A New Hope is a classic cinematic masterpiece. ATOC is an extremely flawed film in many ways. It is the worst movie of the six. I find it offensive that anyone would rank it higher than ANH.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You find offense in someone expressing their own opinion? Okay...

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Thankyou for saying that :)[:D]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Liking a film and knowing that one is a classic cinematic masterpiece are not exactly the same thing. ANH is a better film than AOTC, but in many ways AOTC is more fun which would lead to some ranking it as more liked.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    People's definition of a "cinematic masterpiece," though, will vary. I know of many people, for instance, who are rather dismissive of ANH and think that the only reason it became so popular was because of special effects and kids. They view adults who like it as nostalgia-driven, primarily, and don't see much value in ANH itself, even though it did have a deep effect on cinema.

I would argue that it is possible to not only like AOTC more, but to also consider it a better film as well. For some people, the themes, characters, and psychological depth of AOTC will resonate more clearly than those of ANH, regardless of which film is popularly perceived as a "masterpiece."

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know how good it will be critically but I will like it no matter what. I don't know where it will be on my list. My list at the minute is 5>3>4=6>1>2. I think it will be between 3 and 4/6.

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Eet weel be suh guud

19. DiditAllForTheWookie

Apr 2, 2001
    There plenty of offensive opinions. That is one of them.

20. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Itl be grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

21. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I enjoyed the prequels. I don't think they are as good as the OT, but the overall story and character composition is enjoyable. I think Disney will learn from the flaws of the PT and push the production of Ep. VII to be more in the vein of the OT and specifically avoid some of the elements of the PT that received justifiable criticism. I think this gives an opportunity for Star Wars to return to masterpiece status rather than just huge production status. I'm expecting very big things. The fact that the production cannot rely on the success of the past is the very reason I expect it to push for higher standards.

22. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Sure there are offensive opinions -- such as the opinions of racists and sexists. Their opinions are offensive because they directly hurt people and cast judgement on things individuals can't control. Those types of opinions can be deeply hurtful, upsetting, or rage-inducing (as befits the definition of offensive).

But an opinion on the quality of one movie in a series compared to another?

To be honest, if you find that offensive, then it seems rather petty to me. Rather like a professional victim who is "offended" at every little thing.

But then, that's just my opinion on the topic.

23. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Anyone need cheese to go with their whine?

I'm hoping this movie is the best of them all.

24. DiditAllForTheWookie

Apr 2, 2001
    Believing that AOTC is better than A New Hope is right up there, not as bad as overt racism, but probably worse than age discrimination or heightism. It hurts me on a personal level.

25. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    As good as it can be.