main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I see two spoiler tags, I don't know if I should open them right before I watch the episode.

Edit: Never mind, they're not about the episode.

2. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I wonder if the everything that went down with the Zillo Beast will come back into play ever.

By the way, I just made an account but I've been reading the forums for awhile. I'm glad to be here officially and look forward to talking Star Wars with you all :)

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I was wondering the same thing a while ago when I watched the Zillo Beats episodes where Sidious said to have it cloned, so I definitely think it will come into it again sometime, because they wouldn't put that at the end of an episode for nothing, but I reckon whatever they've planned with that, it's going to be big :)

Embomania likes this.
  4. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Glad to see I'm not the only one to be curious about this. I really enjoy when they bring back story-lines from earlier in the show, it's a huge payoff and very satisfying to long-time viewers. And when they tie some together like Maul and Death Watch, ohhh boy.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    yes, linear continuity yes! I wonder if Tarkin will just be important to the Ahsoka arc or if he'll become a major player in TCW? Cool, they actually have trials in the republic? Could have fooled me. Make me cry TCW, I dare you. Thanks Akash!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I think it's about time for TCW to do some (and by some, I mean a lot of follow-up) to what has been mentioned (Citadel arc, Zillo Beast arc, etc)

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Don't flame me for asking this but... what do you mean by "gets name dropped"?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin mentions Krell and Dooku

9. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Seerow you missed one!

Horatio Caine.

That is allllll.

Bo-Katan likes this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Context: who needs it?

(also, thanks for finding all those, Akash!)

rumblewagon and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    My pleasure!

Ashley really put an emphasis on how much Tarkin and Ahsoka disliked each other. They weren't very specific other than that. It was kind of annoying really.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Has everyone seen/read this? If I had to take a stab at it, it means that the D-Squad arc could play into being a turning point for the war and creating a greater dislike between Ahsoka and Tarkin. If some of the spoilers about the next arc are true, I think it's possible that this will at least be mentioned.

[​IMG]

13. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Whoa. That's some ominious stuff. Where did that come from anyway?

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    When did Tarkin get promoted to Admiral? In the Citadel arc he was a Captain, because in that letter above it says Admiral.

15. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    ^ Offscreen

16. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Am I blind or is there really no Grade the Episode thread for "Shades of Reason"?

rumblewagon and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I didn't know you could send e-mails in Star Wars.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I think that was a Holonet message.

19. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    It was in the format of an e-mail though. You'd think if it were to be a Holonet message they'd make it look more interesting.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I feel like it's been a long time coming that Lucas addressed how the Jedi are perceived by the senate and normal people. The Jedi have commonalities with many other heroes that fit the scheme of "different and talented, but use those talents to help people." For instance: X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man.

Each of those three have all tackled at some point or another the issue of these heroes being feared for being different, even by those that the heroes try to serve. Yeah, there are those that are like, "way to go Superman, you're awesome!" But there's also those that are like "...what if he turns against us?" or "yeah, he saves us from danger, but he is a magnet for danger."

I can't speak for the Star Wars novels or comics really, but the films and TCW haven't touched upon this. Sure there are those like Dendup that might hold the Jedi in high esteem, but those latter two pessimistic questions are entirely valid in the Star Wars universe too. Jedi HAVE turned against the Republic, and they are a magnet for danger.

I'm just waiting for that press conference.

Reporter: Master Windu. Would you consent to an investigation of the Jedi Temple and members of the Jedi Order to assess the possibility for future acts of treason, as was the case with Krell and Dooku?​

Mace: There is no need. I can assure you that the Jedi Order is as fully committed as ever to the defense of the Republic and the upholding of justice. Are there any other...​

Reporter: One more question! One more question! You say that you are committed to justice, yet you allowed one of your own - Count Dooku - to freely leave the Jedi Order, and now he has the blood of millions on his hands as he wages this war against us.​

Mace: Count Dooku is not a Jedi. He joined the Dark Side long ago and has fallen in league with the Sith.​

Reporter: What is a Sith?​

Mace: An evil group with command of the Dark Side of the Force that seek power above all else. They would enslave the galaxy. They use lightsabers and command the Force like a Jedi.​

Reporter: So basically, evil Jedi? Is that a fair assessment?​

Mace: They stand against everything the Jedi stand for.​

Reporter: Where did they come from?​

Mace: Long ago they were once Jedi that fell to the Dark Side of the Force and were exiled.​

Reporter: Uh huh... *scribbles "evil Jedi" in his notes* So, you knew the danger that these individuals posed and yet, instead of handing these individuals over to the Republic to face justice or imprisoning them... You simply let them go. My history is kind of fuzzy, but I seem to recall a Sith Empire attacking the Republic some time later...​

Mace: The Jedi do not believe in killing prisoners.​

Reporter: But they weren't even pris--.... you let them go! And now there are Sith like Krell running around under our noses.​

Mace: No, there can only be two Sith at a time. Krell fell to the Dark Side, but he was not a Sith. Simply a Jedi that fell to the Dark Side​

Reporter: *underlines "evil Jedi" several times* So... to confront the Sith, the Jedi have been elevated to a military rank of General... Don't you think that's a little presumptuous? I mean, people train for years to be military leaders.​

Mace: We didn't ask to be leaders.​

Reporter: I'm just saying that it seems a little suspicious that the Separatists would be led by an evil Jedi-"​

Mace: -Sith​

Reporter: ...A Sith... And then the Jedi would also be given authority to lead the Republic's armies as well. And if I understand this correctly, the clone army itself was ordered by a master Sido-dyas?​

Mace: That's Sifo-dyas. We've not been able to confirm that Sifo-dyas did in fact order the creation of the clone army, but if he did, he did so without the consent of the Jedi Council.​

Reporter: ...Nor the Republic... And yet you continue to use this clone army that will obey any order without question and have put it under the command of the Jedi Order.​

Mace: We had no other choice, the war was forced upon us.​

Reporter: I'm just saying that I for one would feel a lot safer if that army was put under the command of military leaders appointed by the senate. Leaders who have trained to lead soldiers and that aren't liable to fall to the Dark Side.​

Mace: The Jedi pose no danger to the Republic. We are fully committed to the Light Side of the Force. Some individuals have been corrupted by the Dark Side, but they are few and we will do everything within our power to bring them to justice.​

Reporter: But if there were no Jedi Order, then there wouldn't be evil Jedi. How does one "fall" to the Dark Side?​

Mace: They commit evil deeds that feed upon negative emotions, they feel this gives them power, to which they become addicted.​

Reporter: So... it's like Spice?... Only instead of becoming addicted, going broke, and becoming a bum like a normal Spice addict, they instead fly into a rage, murder and enslave people? When I get angry I go for a walk, maybe cook myself a nice dinner, calm down... I'm just saying... I don't conquer worlds or kill people.​

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Wait, is this all in the next episode?

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    You're not blind. It was declared too awesome to be graded.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_sick]

Dathomir-Witch : You're not blind, I'm assuming Seerow got too busy to put it up, we've been talking about that in the Disco.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

I'm very sorry guys. I posted my excuse in the Disco. I'll put the grade the episode thread for "Shades of Reason" tonight or tomorrow morning if another mod doesn't do it by then.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol brilliant but wouldn't a good reporter also ask:

1) Whether the Jedi feel any moral qualms about using people genetically bred, just to fight and die in their war ?
    2) Do the Jedi feel there could be a link between their chief suspect in the attempted Assasination attempts of Senator Amidala, which was a bounty Hunter named Jango Fett, but who was also the clone template for their army ?

Two questions I would loved to have asked the Jedi :D